RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Damn, this site has taken a major dip in the talent arena. (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=112007)

OutCome 02-06-04 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The End
You weren't on RB for all of what? 3 days? Fuck outta here. As much as you always diss this site, you sure as hell can't seem to stay away from it.

That is because this site is like crack.. AS much as you want to give it up you just enjoy the rush to much :)

DaviD WoRdplay 02-07-04 03:24 AM

^ you have too much time on ya hands

Lethargic 02-07-04 04:07 AM

I do audios every Sunday at my friend in Lebanon's house. Lebanon can't get I-net access..or else I'd be putting them up on here.

I do text because I find it fun, humorous, amusing, and a good way to pass the time.

It does take skill to be a textcee. When you do audio...you gotta be able to stay on beat...write dope lyrics...(if a battle) with creative punches...etc etc etc so on and so forth.

In text, your degree of punches has to be brought to a whole new level. Simply because it's so versatile. So, to call a textcee wack is inaccurate. It takes skill to be good at it. Just not the kind you're interested in.

wordplay 02-07-04 04:34 AM

true dat....it aint easy..oh wait yes it is...

Syntax Mastery 02-07-04 05:03 AM

people...

audio can exist without what the internet considers "textceeing"...

of course there are no songs in audio without having text...but there is a difference between "text" on the internet and "text" as far as just writing for a song... textcees write songs with the intention to never spit the song over a beat, and to display the lyrics only when online... audio heads write for songs, and spit em over beats, and post the finished product... huge difference...

we CAN exist without "text" as its defined most commonly online.

Syntax Mastery 02-07-04 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargic

In text, your degree of punches has to be brought to a whole new level. Simply because it's so versatile. So, to call a textcee wack is inaccurate. It takes skill to be good at it. Just not the kind you're interested in.

i strongly disagree... punches brought to a whole new level?

you mean shit like

"I walked through the valley of the shadow of death
and dipped you in acid until you turned black in the chest"

were yall have to emphasize what you mean...and stretch each bar out to a proposterous length because they have no concept of a rhythm yet cuz they dont write to beats?

is that the next level of lyricism?

textceeing = wack

Soul-Full 02-07-04 05:52 AM

Vote - Syntax and Kanye west

Why, cause im listening to kanyes new cd, the real shit, and its dope. So he gets a vote.

Vote #2 - Fuck textcees

;)

...OpeY... 02-07-04 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargic
I do audios every Sunday at my friend in Lebanon's house. Lebanon can't get I-net access..or else I'd be putting them up on here.

that is by far the best excuse ive ever heard a text head use for why they cant post audio lmfao!

... I can't put my audios up cause I left them in Lebanon HAHAHAHA

Orikle 02-08-04 12:10 AM

^^He's saying you can't get net access in Lebanon...Censorship laws I guess...where the humour was...I don't know...but yes to stick to this threads purpose..I started out a textcee...Just about every single Audio Head did...However...After like a month..I never wrote anything that I couldn't actually rap...I see 90% of text pieces that have no flow in the fucken world...that serves absolutely no purpose in the world...most of it can't even be considered poetry as to write good literature...you're sentences still need consistent flow...I don't care what kids wanna do..If you wanna write text...power fucken too ya...you wanna be a catholic priest...power to ya...as long as you don't shove your beliefs down others throats and go about your own business...you can go wherever & do whatever the fuck you want....

self 02-08-04 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orikle
^^He's saying you can't get net access in Lebanon...Censorship laws I guess...where the humour was...I don't know...

1. He could be lying.
2. Burn it to a CD. Whoa.

KoNcEpT 02-08-04 12:18 AM

^ Lol Word To Orikle
Case Closed
Who Carez If You Dont
Like A Text Ceez And Who
Cares If You Dont Like
Audio Headz. Just Worry
Bout Ya OWn Self, Shit.
Btw I Can Do Both = )

DaviD WoRdplay 02-08-04 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntax Mastery
people...

audio can exist without what the internet considers "textceeing"...

of course there are no songs in audio without having text...but there is a difference between "text" on the internet and "text" as far as just writing for a song... textcees write songs with the intention to never spit the song over a beat, and to display the lyrics only when online... audio heads write for songs, and spit em over beats, and post the finished product... huge difference...

we CAN exist without "text" as its defined most commonly online.

I agree...

dirtyendzone 02-08-04 02:03 PM

Text is all that i have. i don't have audio capabilities on my PC.