RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Why do white people try to rap? like DON (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=137777)

KroNuz 07-27-04 01:08 PM

lol don your stupid.. you took that from steve burman on the skit on the eminem cd.. lol

Ca'lam 07-27-04 01:08 PM

again.. europeans came and stole our culture... so first white poets.. no they were african sir.... chants and sounds and music.. all african.. goes bak to before we were slaves,.. anything you'd like to say before i shut you down more ?

DON 07-27-04 01:08 PM

true first poets where white and rock didnt come from african beats ur way off rock came from big band music which didnt have anythign to do wit african beats

Poppa Kap 07-27-04 01:08 PM

Kronuz where is ur proof to that poet statement?

Ca'lam 07-27-04 01:09 PM

ROFL^^ if you guys didnt use african beat such as drums and shit.. all music is based on african beats... are you ok ?.. even music people admit that... ALL music was.. thats a given fact.. you cant change that

DON 07-27-04 01:10 PM

yeah u have no proof chanting isnt poetry man if u wanan go bak that far white cavemen had the earliest form of poetry i saw it the other night on pbs whoch also said that the newest evidence states that the oldest man came from northeastern russia

DON 07-27-04 01:11 PM

no africans werent even the first to make drums u cant claim that cavemen had drums indians who had never seen a black man had drums THINK

MoTiF 07-27-04 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calamity
ROFL^^ if you guys didnt use african beat such as drums and shit.. all music is based on african beats... are you ok ?.. even music people admit that... ALL music was.. thats a given fact.. you cant change that

Actaully English folk music took there drums from Native Americans...That led to faster Music which one day Lead to 30's Pop then Rock.

~MoTiF

DON 07-27-04 01:12 PM

^motif is a smart man and also correct

Ca'lam 07-27-04 01:12 PM

wtf do you think poetry i sbased off of.. again.. i am not racis.. my gal is a mut... but everything americans have done muscially, is based on a african foundation... its facts.. you cant change them.. chants DO rhyme.. they had songs.. music..

Ca'lam 07-27-04 01:13 PM

And the rest of the worl stole it from Africans.. Don.. dont comment.. you are being shut down everytime you post rofl

DON 07-27-04 01:14 PM

can we really call hiphop music though if u think about it in a way it is music but its more like poetry cause now any 4'th grade dropout who can rhyme is a musician musicians were people who could sing and create music from thier voice rap is talking and yelling to a rhythem isnt that more liek poetry, now frank sinatra is music even rock stars sing

Poppa Kap 07-27-04 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calamity
again.. europeans came and stole our culture... so first white poets.. no they were african sir.... chants and sounds and music.. all african.. goes bak to before we were slaves,.. anything you'd like to say before i shut you down more ?

we?<--stuff like that bugs me...dont disrespect ur beloved ancestors for talking like its ur pain. You do not suffer, you only suffer the boring facts in ur history lessons.

DON 07-27-04 01:15 PM

nobobdy is bein shutdown boy dont turn this into a personal argument cause i dodnt do text battles anymore but i could always go bak to the old way and whoop ur ass all over this thread

Ca'lam 07-27-04 01:15 PM

hip hop is music... you have singers in hip hop... now RAP is different.. thats poetry spit to a rythem... nelly sings - mob deep dont....