RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Buyin into Lupe ressurectin hip hop? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=235264)

.Ike. 09-24-06 10:14 PM

i actually like his voice....and his shit is ill....i think the whole chi is holding it down pretty well for hip hop right now...i mean seriously...take a look at it...

Lupe...
Rhymefest....

^ the 2 hottest albums ive bought this year..easy...

Kanye....
Common...
Twista......
Bump J...

the chi is pretty nasty right now...i know im forgetting somebody

GankstaBoi 09-24-06 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOne
exactly wat the thread suggests....... his album is actually fuckin hot as hell, but i still cant decide if its his lyrics or the production that makes it good

its the lyrics. ive listened 2 the album 3 times n his lyrics r awsome

Logic The Goonie 09-24-06 10:56 PM

The metaphors, especially the subtle ones, are what keeps true hip-hop heads enjoying it. The more obvious metaphors, flow and production is what keeps everyone else listening.

If Lupe ends up as the dopest emcee ever, I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

M&rk 09-24-06 11:31 PM

someone do an album review for this cd so i can get the list of the good songs and dl 'em

.Ike. 09-26-06 03:40 PM

^ dont be a faggot....go buy it

Logic The Goonie 09-26-06 04:44 PM

Shit, I'm downloading it right now. BUT I'm gonna go buy it when I get paid next week. I might even buy 2 copies. :)

M&rk 09-26-06 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ike.
^ dont be a faggot....go buy it

right... free or pay? good idea

.Ike. 09-26-06 08:05 PM

^ support hip hop or dont support hip hop?...

your the type of person that i hate to hear bitching about how the mainstream is gay....when u do absolutely nothing to try and change it............

Logic The Goonie 09-27-06 12:51 AM

The mainstream is still gay though.

Black City 09-27-06 02:17 AM

to me...hip-hop is in a funky state right now. you got cats comin out and not really rappin at all. now you got a guy like lupe to drop a dope album but like ppl have said already, one emcee cant do it alone. but its cool. hip hop aint dead, its just real wack now of days

Past Tense 09-28-06 09:11 PM

I think lloyd banks new album is gonna be a real subtle rush for this hip hop movement..hes nice on the M.I.C.

ILL GEE 09-29-06 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past Tense
I think lloyd banks new album is gonna be a real subtle rush for this hip hop movement..hes nice on the M.I.C.

not if you judge by his first album... i skipped over most of that shyt...he's ok on everyone else's shyt but he's just like method man... he can't hold down an album by himself... sad

ILL GEE 10-10-06 03:41 AM

yo... on the real, i been listening to Lupe's album on some analyst type shyt (i mean i do anlyze shyt for a living...go figure)... dissecting his tracks and all... yo... dude got some real messages in his rhymes and some dope concepts!!!! omma break down the entire album tomorrow cuz some of y'all might not be hearing the same shyt i'm hearing.... Lupe is REAL hip-hop...werd

ILL GEE 10-10-06 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Picture
someone do an album review for this cd so i can get the list of the good songs and dl 'em

see post directly above this one

La Cosa Nostra 10-10-06 04:27 AM

Yeah he is a good lyricist... Sometimes reminds me of biggies flow...

But he just has such a shit try hard sounding voice sometimes.....