RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Gas prices...again (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=226908)

TitoBronsky 04-21-06 11:37 PM

gas is gettin exspensive here too... its over three dollas now... and thats more than i budgeted for... i gotta re-evalute my finances... cut corners and make changes to a few things.... but... yea... i forsee many riots in the future...

-Don Tito Bronsky

Sean Gunner 04-21-06 11:40 PM

Unless they plan on paying people more, we might be in trouble.

Golden shellz 04-21-06 11:42 PM

Werd its like that in Brooklyn too..gas costs $3.15 by the gallon

villagepimp 04-21-06 11:53 PM

Yeah, I feel blessed that out here in the Midwest it's not too high, I went out to Unionville, MO (look it up on the map) and gas was a good $.20 cheeper than it was in KC... I'm not sure how that works, since the highest prices seem to be on the coasts where the gas is imported too. Oh well, Guess I can't complain much when gas here is a good $.40 cheaper than it is in Brooklyn & Long Beach.

L.E 04-22-06 12:58 PM

Currently a $1.02 per litre in my town.

And I thought our prices were bad.

Axe Affect 04-22-06 02:02 PM

I remember when I was younger I use to ride and try to find the gas station with the highest prices. I remember the highest one I saw was 1.60$. Now a days in Atlanta, the prices are from 2.60$ to 3.00$. I guess I should start trying to find the gas station with the lowest prices now.

∆ P E X X 04-22-06 04:08 PM

Jerz still hs it really cheap copared to other states, like $2.50 (can't believe THAT'S really cheap).

but that's because a lot of the refinieries are right here in jersey :(

a state with a pollution discount. yay

Tha Q. 04-23-06 10:42 AM

I was watching some news program this morning and they were arguing about why prices were going up. One guy was saying that it's a simple matter of supply and demand, where more demand means higher prices. The other guy argued that there was price fixing because the demand isn't going up.

All I know is, I wish someone would start DEMANDING it go down.

Phenom-in-all 04-23-06 04:03 PM

hahaha - you guys have no fucking clue. It's $1.14 a LITRE here in SK, Canada, and there are 3.78(something something something) litre's in a gallon. That's like $4.30/gallon. Costs me over $55 to fill a tank that I used to be able to fill for $40-45. :(

∆ P E X X 04-23-06 04:14 PM

^^sounds liek the 911. 2 years ago it cost about 45 bucks to fill a 22gallon gas tank and it GUZZLES it.

now?? prolly closer to a hundred!! I never drive it and insurance is completely out of control. Somebody's going up for sale reaaaalllllll sooonnn....

Chris Stylez 04-23-06 04:47 PM

Yeah. I dont really drive that much anymore since gas prices went down. I walk everywere. I started it since the end of last year summer and I lost like a good 67 pounds. Well also the help due to school sports. But We should all just try walking to our destination. For small groceries shopping. If the store is like about a mile or two down the road. Grab your CD players and some Tupac or I.T. and walk and get what you need and go back. The true problem I see is that we all are getting lazy and stop walking. So Drive less and Walk more.

∆ P E X X 04-23-06 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Stylez
Yeah. I dont really drive that much anymore since gas prices went down. I walk everywere. I started it since the end of last year summer and I lost like a good 67 pounds. Well also the help due to school sports. But We should all just try walking to our destination. For small groceries shopping. If the store is like about a mile or two down the road. Grab your CD players and some Tupac or I.T. and walk and get what you need and go back. The true problem I see is that we all are getting lazy and stop walking. So Drive less and Walk more.

gas prices went down? I thought they went up!

walking sounds nice, ever consider that some people have things BEYOND walking distance?

not everyone lives a hop skip and a jump from the things they use to keep their life running.

For$akeN 04-23-06 06:23 PM

Here in Winnipeg its like a little over $1

Is it really that bad in the states? That's insaaaaane.

Tha Q. 04-23-06 06:40 PM

ummm...I hate to say this, but in 1999 in PA where I went to school, gas was still 90 cents a gallon.

lol

∆ P E X X 04-23-06 06:48 PM

I remember when $1.43 for 94 was high.

now, they don't even carry 94 cuz who would buy it, and 93 is more than double that and definitely gonna go up.

fair to say that the time of cheap fuel in the US is over! Bush ain't talking about lowering prices. He's talking about "if you don't wanna pay top dollar, try alternate fuels"

sounds liek we can expect to get hit over the head yet again.