RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Audio Assistance (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Mic Check (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=202530)

∆ P E X X 08-01-05 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
the software can let u choose a mic that creates a sound right for ur voice...I got my shit set to the AKG right now

but...in a coupe weeks, Imma have a Real AKG and my quality will go up cuz it is a better mic and I won't have to do as much processing of the vocals

But...I still stick by what I and New Method said, master mixing and editing technique before relying upon a 400 mic to boost quality, because it won't necessarily.

yeah I hear you. no sennse in debating it. we're on two different pages.

Tha Q. 08-01-05 06:34 PM

^^^^but question...are u suggesting this kid buy an expensive mic witout knowing how to make a cheap mic have decent quality through good mixing/editing technique?

∆ P E X X 08-01-05 06:38 PM

Quote:
^^^^but question...are u suggesting this kid buy an expensive mic witout knowing how to make a cheap mic have decent quality through good mixing/editing technique?

nah, I'm suggesting that software that'll get 100% out of 1lb < the identical software getting 50% out of 5lbs.

Tha Q. 08-01-05 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday
nah, I'm suggesting that software that'll get 100% out of 1lb > the identical software getting 50% out of 5lbs.

50 % of 5 lb is 2.5 which is > than 1

maybe u meant 100

gotcha...and actually, when I get this AKG, I don't plan on processing it as much as this basic dynamic shit im usin now

DON 08-01-05 06:48 PM

for 150 u can buy good shit off musiciansfriend, theyre so cheap on there i been to the dj store my neighbor owns and his shit was 3 times the price

∆ P E X X 08-01-05 06:50 PM

Quote:
50 % of 5 lb is 2.5 which is > than 1

maybe u meant 100

gotcha...and actually, when I get this AKG, I don't plan on processing it as much as this basic dynamic shit im usin now

nah, what I meant is less than, not greater than. I'll edit. But that's my point. 100% of 1lbs is less than 50% of 5 lbs.

New Meth0d 08-01-05 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON
for 150 u can buy good shit off musiciansfriend, theyre so cheap on there i been to the dj store my neighbor owns and his shit was 3 times the price

i got my shit at a local music store for less, usually local music stores will throw in the cables when you buy a mic and pre-amp

Tha Q. 08-01-05 06:52 PM

^^Gotcha...

it's like graduatin...u wudn't give a Honda CBR to a new bike rider...u'd start him off wit a lil scooter

lol...NVM

but yea...Get a dope mic if u can afford it...U GOTS to pay for quality.PERIOD

no way around dat

Moral 08-12-05 02:55 PM

Yes You Will Need A Pre Amp And Some Cables What Carson Jet Said Is About Right Man