RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Where is Hip Hop going? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=113143)

Holmes Jr. 02-10-04 12:30 AM

Then afta that theres gonna be a big uprisin of Irish rap or somethin hahaha...

wogzta 02-10-04 02:00 AM

There's plenty of shit to listen to if you think hip-hop is dying. In fact, there's more good than bad, just listen to something other than what MTV or video hits throws in your face.

Even in the mainstream, there are some good emcees (cough Jay-Z & Nas cough)

inspire 02-10-04 07:16 AM

Sorry fella.. Return of the Deejay.

G. Buttersworth 02-10-04 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmes Jr.
Then afta that theres gonna be a big uprisin of Irish rap or somethin hahaha...

wasn't that house of pain?

Mystery~murdera 02-10-04 08:45 AM

Oh yeah... we forgot Jadakiss

Rags 02-10-04 09:09 AM

nobody knows...ppl was saying that before the whole southern rap style became a fad...now everyone rhymin to a south beat look at nas and bravehearts...sumthin new will pop up and itll get played out like every other shit...

Weapon MC 02-10-04 01:18 PM

I think that there's still a chance for it even though a lot of the vets are droppin'. I think that also the style's gonna change more also. It ain't gonna be the same in a couple of years.

RythmicTendicies 02-11-04 07:33 AM

Look at how much Hip-Hop is dominated award shows now...Its really only a matter of time before it goes into decline.

Timeless 02-11-04 07:38 AM

Yea I Agre Its Gonna Flatline, Bigtime. But There Are A Few Good Rappers Cumin Thu To Look Forward To. I Think Pop/hiphop Collabos Have Changed Hiphop For The Worst, What Ya'll Think???

C-Section 02-11-04 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless
I Think Pop/hiphop Collabos Have Changed Hiphop For The Worst, What Ya'll Think???

good thing you dont have ja rule in your sig or you might look like a idiot

bloodymurder 02-11-04 09:57 PM

hiphop is in trouble. that's all i can say

MuhThugga 02-11-04 10:07 PM

Wow, Hip-Hop isn't dying with the likes of Young Buck, P. Diddy, Lloyd Banks, TI, and Jadakiss.

I feel so much better knowing that bit of information. For a minute there I thought Hip-Hop was going to be saturated with wack emcees who talk about guns and money all of the time.

Good thing we have these modern-day saviors.

Kastaway 02-12-04 12:26 AM

From what Ive seen in the past few years hip hop is in a real state of decline. There needs to be more grimmy underground heads out there trying to move thier shit through love of the music, not cought up by contracts and bullshit for the money. You stay loyal to the roots and music then eventually it'll pay for itself anyway...

Bloomquist 02-12-04 12:41 AM

but who do you really think is goin to be next generations Jay-Zs, Nas's, Biggies Pacs?

There will never be another jay nas biggie and pac, but i get waht ya saying.

Iono i listen to stuff underground not much mainstream. Mostly like tech n9ne and like yukmouth and stuff like that.

Kwizikz 02-12-04 05:23 AM

agree wit B.I....Shyheim the Rugged Child wudda been ILL
But...thats life......