RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Mel Gibson's "the passion of jesus" or the passion of the lord not sure... (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=113942)

Thrust 02-12-04 09:40 PM

<will be the dude raising the sign

"I know him from Rapbattles.com!"

MuhThugga 02-12-04 09:46 PM

I'm interested in seeing this movie. Is it true that lightning struck the set three or four times?

Anyways, people blow everything out of proportion. Just watch the movie.

varentao 02-12-04 09:55 PM

It was done in 'Aramaeic'. The language spoken at that time in that place.

Haven't watched it. Sounds very interesting though.

Lokinator 02-13-04 09:22 AM

i`ve never heard of it but am interested in seeing it

BlazinBabieDoll 02-13-04 09:56 AM

I havent seen the movie yet, but from my understanding of it all it is suppose to be an amazing film. I am not christian, I was born and raised a Roman Catholic and left when I was 14 cuz it wasnt for me. The controversy over the film is that like many other controversial issues. People tend to get shaky when their beliefs are put into question either by their hands or someone elses. This movie lays things out in a more overt way with vivid images rather than black and white text. It then becomes more personal to the individual.

I wont go into a huge religious debate, though in a way I would. I have studied many religions for the right one for me. What I do know is that people need faith for security. When that security is rocked it leaves them struggling with defenses for the most part. Many people are not open minded enough to handle a movie like this. Therefore, the controversy begins.

Just my take on it.

Thrust 02-13-04 11:27 AM

^screw ur take on it
lol

Timeless 02-13-04 11:28 AM

dont care for ethier so i can care less..............................*1*

KytoKhouang 02-13-04 12:01 PM

If I am not mistaken, and please tell me if I'm wrong. I beleive the Vatican came out and said that the film was 100% exactly the way it is in the Bible. I could be wrong.

Also, I am excited to see it as well, but the way political minds work here in Utah, who knows. When everyone here is Mormon, and alot of them are not open minded Mormons, it'll be hard for them watch something they believe in. I'm excited to see it though. I beleive it should open some eyes.

Phate 02-13-04 12:02 PM

Having not seen the movie I can't really play the role of critic, i'll have to take Bounces word that it's a well made and accurate depiction of the events as laid out in the bible.

However, even without seeing the movie I can understand why many religious figureheads would be wary of the film. It's basically about control. Religion is not science, it's not something that can be proven one way or another. However, organized religions are real entities which must continuosly shape their message as times change in order to retain the maximum number of followers.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to depict the pope as a Donald Trump ad exec. Still, religious leaders will always get nervous when someone else is in a position to effect their message and potentially the spiritual perspective of their followers.

just my 2 cents.

Daz 02-13-04 03:54 PM

i think this will be a good movie.....did it come out yet?

Thrust 02-13-04 04:23 PM

no.. i think it comes out on the 25th
i heard it somewhere?

~LyRiCaL-JeZuS~ 02-13-04 04:38 PM

I dont see why the jews are gettin they oanties in a bunch like seriosly, thats how the bible story goes, the jews were against Jesus. Mel GIbson aint gon change the whole story just cuz they might get upset. Thats retarted, thers shows everyday that make blacks look like all criminals, arabs like all terrorists and etc. U never hear that much from people complaining about that so he jews gettin all nuts about this is dumb. People are too sensetive fuck. Like that guy said if u dont liek Jesus dont watch it fuck.

HK The Great 02-13-04 11:48 PM

i could have gone to see this movie but i was in school... and from what i heard its amazing and everything is very accurate... and its funny how jews start sayin stuff about christians puttin a bad imagin on them when they dont even blelieve that jesus was anything, and that mel gibson is orthodox or baptist ro something... now i know thats a sub group or christianity, but thats not "christian" so to speek... and about the lightning thing... the dude that played jesus was struck by lightning and his head was set on fire... and alot of the wounds u see are real, not serious but they are real, like when they gave him 33 lashings or something, in the making of the movie they used real whippes wit metal tips, and all the guy had protecting him was an 1/4 inch thick piece of cloth or something like that... and sometimes they would miss and hit him right on the skin so he has a grip of scars from that... i read that from an interview they did wit the actor...