RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   I Suggest You ALL Read This (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=115429)

Baron Mynd 02-25-04 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junio sixnine
Alot of this shit I already knew...thats why I have dreams of my own labels and indepence, bullshit free...

And Taktik...This happens just as much in other types of music, even rock...

And Im sure that Eminem writes some of his own shit. You know why? Because I heard some of his extreme underground stuff..and it showed that he had the potential to write his own songs.

He was underground then - obviously, he had no one writing for him then. But now? Think about it. Check the album covers - where it says who write the tracks. There's him and like .. two guys called something Bass on more than half the album.

I rest my case. :^)

The End 02-25-04 06:36 PM

Until there is proof, no one is really going to care. However, I do believe that most artists have 'writing pools' to help them out at times.

Baron Mynd 02-26-04 12:47 PM

^ The person that wrote this up was offered a contract by the label to be part of the writing pool for Rapper A

The End 02-27-04 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Mynd
^ The person that wrote this up was offered a contract by the label to be part of the writing pool for Rapper A

And the proof that he isn't just making all of this up is where? He needs documentation, recorded messages.. checks for ghostwrites.. ANYTHING that will prove this true, and prove others lyrics are bieng used by mainstream artists.

Crossword 02-27-04 04:53 PM

There is no way you can't think this isnt true... Not saying they do it to all rappers and artists, Just most of the 'stars' that come out of nowhere. I knew most that shit though. Thats why i won't give up any of my songs... Even my poems i wont send to get published. Cause i dont wanna get fucked outa my talent as a poet, and have some other 50 bitch get my spot light.

fokesd 02-27-04 10:53 PM

really though...cassidy and young gunz.... your gay shut up... u dont know what your talkin bout...all that might happen like 1nce every 10 years... im from nawf philly... just like cas and young gunz..and trust me aint nobody exagerate how hard it was where they from.. young gunz and cas r just raw... they were gettin attention when they were in 9th grade... just ok w/e.. u just sound mad cause u cant get a deal let alone make a decent track

Abram 02-29-04 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquor of Tears
I knew most that shit though. Thats why i won't give up any of my songs... Even my poems i wont send to get published. Cause i dont wanna get fucked outa my talent as a poet, and have some other 50 bitch get my spot light.

You'd probably be safe with trying to get your poetry published. Poetry doesn't make as much money as the music industry does. If people are going to try and rip you off or black-ball you like that, they'd do it in an industry that makes a shit load of money, right? I could be wrong though. :thumbup:

168 02-29-04 05:03 PM

shit you really got me thinking yo
i wanted to produce and open up my studio and work with big names but if that's reality I really gotta get a lot more info about this...wat you posted took my time and red it and i give you probs for opening up and exposing this reality check it's hard to beleive but if you say you have been signed for 4 months and your pissed as fucked then hey i got alote to think about

Crossword 02-29-04 05:44 PM

Yeah but if you open up your own studio and shit then you dont gotta worry bout the corruption. You run it how you want it ran. The only thing is if your trying to get your stuff heard, then ya worry.

Pro.Fess.In.All 03-01-04 04:17 PM

This answers my question why Skillz still hasn't dropped an album.. I think he would be way more hyped than 50 cent, but now I see why he won't make it past a first album..

deser_eagle 03-01-04 04:43 PM

em ain't got no fukin ghostwriters, he writes his own shit...what fukin sense would it make for him to have ghost writers?

i3one5 03-01-04 08:16 PM

Immoral Techniques is a sick rapper prolly tha best ive heard and hes actualy been offered and turned down major record label contracts cuz of sheit like that .... btw go on kazaa or wha ever u use and dl some of his songs there pure grimey

immortal_destiny 03-02-04 09:01 AM

i think...

there are many underground rappers that are not getting the recognition they deserve like immortal and cannabis who (the government, media) say are a bad influence on the people and they are stting a bad example for children. I think thats bullshit

FREEDOM OF SPEECH, can't forget that

AbstracT 03-02-04 02:33 PM

This ain't too hard to believe when you look at the stuff in the industry and the pure volume of garabage that gets put out. I would be willing to bet that virually everyone has had help at some point. And the Young Gunz suck so yeah...

Jae Cyph 03-02-04 05:26 PM

This could also be a bunch of internet bullshit ..