RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Eastcoast Vs The South (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=118206)

Moto 04-05-04 06:53 PM

East Coast is much better. Intelligent rapping. Im not saying that South aint intelligent, i just feel its more well Crunk.

flawda 04-05-04 07:03 PM

sOuth....keep it waaaaay mOre hype

S-killz 04-05-04 08:05 PM

the south gets you dancing

but east coast rap has one of the best lyrcists

so i go for eastcoast

L.I. 04-05-04 08:12 PM

east....where it all began

Crossword 04-05-04 08:13 PM

See intelligence over powers a tight beat. Unless of course your a MTV chronie, or glued to BET... Singing along to a Nelly song, Wearing Phat Farm and South Pole. Who doesn't rap about hoes and guns? East coast rappers. And if they do, then they are mainstream and do it for the money.

R-Sinic Jaws 04-05-04 09:30 PM

East is better to me man.

GUNFAMGENERAL254 04-06-04 02:25 PM

Fa Sho My Nigga

GUNFAMGENERAL254 04-06-04 02:29 PM

The South Is Not Just Crunk Music Hell Look At People Likeme Shit Look At My Battles I Am Killin Niggas Wit Tight Ass Lyrics Ti From The South Look At Him Shit Listen To His Cd He Got A Reality Flow The Same Wit Luda

Crossword 04-06-04 05:32 PM

Alright. Luda has some nice lyrics. But i am talking about shit that has a meaning of real life. Not a fictitious life that you can only have if you sold 5 million records and made a music video for TRL. I am talking anyone that raps real life, situations and thoughts. Not some blown up shit to have white kids and wannabes droolin.

Enygma 04-06-04 06:39 PM

The south fuckin sucks........I can't think of anything good that came from down there........Their nickname is the Dirty for christ sake..........

Crossword 04-06-04 07:19 PM

^ nah some good shit comes from there... Some good food. Oh wait, we're talking bout rappers... never mind.

MADD HAtter81 04-06-04 09:07 PM

lol to you man all ya'll down thurr ya'll okay but us up herre we keep it on lock wit the intalect and the rhym sceem now-a-day (no disrespect) but ya'll just say the same thing yeaaaaaaaaaa okayyyyyyyyyy whattttttt 1 herre comes the 2 to the 3 to the 4 rubberband man that aint rap those are nursey rhyms and ya'll messed up by lil jon what the fuck

Yung Duke 04-06-04 10:57 PM

I say its the south. Ya'll say the east runs deeper, but thats because the south didnt get respect when they had the classics. Like Kilo or UGK. 8 Ball and MJG. and now you niggaz think its all about guns and hoes, bt ya'll thinkin of ying yang and Lil John.T.I.P get jus as deep as any active rapper from the north. and no one thats active right now gets more real then Scarface. and all that shit they talkin bout drugs is just explainin where they come from. Example: "Grand Hustle man, more histle than hustle man/but why rubber bands, they representin the struggle man." All he sayin right there is he remember how hard he had to struggle in the Trap. you gotta dig deep into the lyrics

Yung Duke 04-06-04 11:03 PM

and this aint got nothin to do wit where i live case i was born and raised in Philly. I only been livin down here for 2 years.

Triple_N 04-06-04 11:39 PM

Yo on some real shit the south has 3 emcees that get respect an thats T.I., luda, an scarface. Thats it the greatest of today an alltime come from the east thats why the east will always have it, the east is hip hop.