RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   What annoy's me about RV. (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=149507)

Prodigy 09-14-04 08:48 AM

Yes but some of the newbs that join up are weak, we need to control that
shit. The vets are leaving coz we don't have much talent coming up or like
Calamity said they just got loads of shit on at the moment.

We are losing talant and bring in shit, Like most good sites we should now
concentrate on the talent thats here and just ban all the wake newbs.

La Cosa Nostra 09-14-04 08:54 AM

We cant ban newbs.. That is what RV stands for, acceptance..

We just need to try and give the site a more mature feel.. Because a lot of kids are mainly concearned about people on the net thinking their gangsta instead of rapping.. That gives the site a real 12-14 year old feel about it..

If we lead by example, then the rest will follow.

distilled 09-14-04 08:55 AM

Good point.

Someone should make a thread

How to act on RV.............

La Cosa Nostra 09-14-04 09:01 AM

I would be happy to write up a list of tips on how to act lol.. RV Etiquette

Not rules, just guidelines so we dont get so many newb posts.. lll do it if the mods are interested.

distilled 09-14-04 09:05 AM

That is actually a good idea, cos nobody takes newbs seriously unless they act like they'v been here,

But no-one, with skill or without canbe taken seriously with a wack name, or somethin with 2pac in.

I did like a list for this guy I know who joined recently, Thats wat made me think of it

La Cosa Nostra 09-14-04 09:08 AM

Ill PM Strobe.

distilled 09-14-04 09:11 AM

I'll help write it up if he gives it the go ahead, cos this is somethin i cud do

La Cosa Nostra 09-14-04 09:20 AM

^Whats your AIM?

Mask Murderous 09-14-04 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity
lol..we all have lives.. i came and was really active during the summer during the day, and was not at nght.. but now im not active during the day or not.. i got school, basket ball, wrestling, track, C-connect (schools volenteer to help out community program), choir, i make songs, family, Work 6 hour shift 3/7 days a week... ^ and its 5:30 am in the morning, i gotta get ready for school in 30 minutes lol..... my plate is full, and i need help eating it :(.. i used to avergae like 30 posts per day during the summer...but now its more lik 17,.. thats why the vets are not on as much.. plus, text gets real old on here... so most of the vet were textees ne way, and you can only battle the same people so many times... so they leave for new adventures and elevation.... its a cycle.. old vets leave like the old rb left us, then the new vets come (you and me) :)..

exactly... in summer i posted alot... i got like 16 post's per day now.. (ALOT)
i mean empire that nerd has 90 post's per day... but average should be 20.. max should be 30.

& right now i got college and im doing media/music so .. people who moan about thread`s need closin need to start having a life

Ice Pick 09-14-04 11:59 AM

I agree to some extent,,,,,

When i was new i wasnt accepted and was told i was wack until

I battled like 30 people then had a OK RECORD

Not all newbs are wack and not all newbs should be treated with disrespect either,
The vets on this site arent even true vets, They just labeled vets because they been here the longest,,,,

One man band said it himself he been doin this for 4 years and doestn consider himself a vet,,,,,

I been doing this since 99 and aint as dope as id like to be

But i have improved by a 100 percent since i started this shit way back in 99
when
aka.com[/url] was the biggest internet rapsite around.,,,,,

That site I was a Mod on and paved the way for all these sites you see now....

I AGREE ABOUT THE RULES POET,,,,,, GUIDELINES ON HOW TO DO SHIT PROPERLY

The Jett 09-14-04 12:20 PM

I don't vote.
Because the battles are a headache to read.
I do vote on people I know are good.(fairly)

But I will not break down garbage.
End of story.

And I'd say Im pretty active myself.
I spice up the lyricist lounge.

Enygma 09-14-04 01:51 PM

WHy is everyone so concerned with post counts? I've been on here for longer than most of you and I have less posts than a lot. I just think that there is no need to post twenty seven times in one thread about nothing. I try to make most of my posts intelligent and actually have a message with them. All of you fags with quick posts counts are really just using this as a Messenger service....I'm sorry if I like a quicker response time when chatting with my buddies.....lol. Most of these things that are talked about in here could be kept in AIM or MSN messenger or whatever, If you are just turning a thread into nonsense with one on one conversations throughout it, why not just do it on AIM?

Now don't get me wrong....I like some of the stupid shit that goes on here as much as the next man.....just don't call me a deserter because I won't respond to it.....Feel Me?

Key... 09-14-04 02:02 PM

...Poet....preach on brotha.

Pop Lotty 09-14-04 03:37 PM

Wackass newbs with mad posts, make newbs look at them and think theyre nice because they have a thousand posts, and a User Title.
Thats gay.

Lyriclesolja 09-14-04 05:22 PM

i hate that we could have a battle open for weeks apon weeks....we should make it like you have to vote on three battles before you can battle that would solve that problem......Peayce