RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Audio Talk (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Build Your Own booth (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=178195)

iamthatdude87 10-09-05 02:05 PM

its short for "go between" iono why they called it thaT ANYWAYS...its like a seperater but it deflects and absorbs sound .....so can get a clean take but its not sound proof itsmore like deflectin sounds and send it into a different direction

this is a gobo

the black sideds is the ones that deflect sounds so its far more better than the one on the top^^^^unless your rich and can afford an iso booth....this is the better buy

~Lady Fiya~ 10-09-05 02:17 PM

i know what you talkin bout Ecko...

I made one of those booths with my guy at his house, they do actually work wit trapping sound, I dunno what kinda foam that was we had but it wasn't that regular twin bed foam... i dunno what my guy did wit it tho ~_~ I haven't been at his studio in a while..

B. Magik 10-09-05 07:43 PM

You just made my day.

iamthatdude87 10-10-05 06:04 PM

if your gon be lookin for sound proof wood....use gypsin board...and just double layer your walls or better yet make a room outta gypsin board....or you can use cinder blocks and just put sand in the middle of the holes and just stack the cinder blocks lol.word

Youngandreckless 10-25-05 07:26 PM

how do u get inside of it

Youngandreckless 10-25-05 07:31 PM

the cardboard one he posted first wat the fuck igotta do make a cut out door

Status 10-25-05 10:29 PM

you just cut a piece of card board and tape it together untill its the size of the door, then you Duct tape it to the corner, or edge, the duct tape should hold the door up

use the duct tape as if it was the hendges,

if you look closely at the pic you will see what im talking about

Status 10-25-05 10:32 PM

the booth looks bigger on the pic where you can see inside becuase the door is open and when its closed you will see the Grey/silver tape and that is what is holding up the door.....

J Summers 10-26-05 12:55 PM

closets also work thats what i got i cleared all my closet took out all the shelves and such and then i just stapled blankets all around it ... shit sound crisp

malice2005 10-31-05 10:36 AM

If ya good wit ya hands...all u need is some 2x4 wood,some 5/8" sheet rock..some plaster..a door..paid about $56 bucks for the materials..make a somewhat official booth...but the one on here looks ill tho...extremely ghetto..but im sure it gets the job done....

Kriptic 10-31-05 01:28 PM

goit a question.. im new to audio shit... i wanna make one of them ghetto things haha, im gunna be buying a good mic soon... like in the orignal pics..u gort the mid on a stand int he box and shit...does that cord go right into the computer??? and you record like a regular mic? or how does it work? lol b.c witha regular comptuter mic..u gotta like hit record then use the mic.. if ur uin that booth how does it work hhaha

Indeph 11-08-05 02:25 PM

damn thats ill. Ima have to do that since, I live in a townhouse and people complain when I sneese too loud.

Absent_minded84 11-13-05 04:54 PM

yo the best thing to use for sound..... dont get foam........ theres shit that like.. the egg industry carries large amounts of eggs in.... like the egg containers you buy your eggs in, except there huge sheets of this shit.... get that shit because it absorbs and deflects the sound by the shaping of it

L.E 11-15-05 06:19 PM

Shit looks tighter than your little sister.

When I get my shit, thats what Im doin.