RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Queens of the stone age. (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=203305)

La Cosa Nostra 08-07-05 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON
i dont listen to a lot of rock but thats because i think it fucks wit ur flow cuz how they do their singing gets into ur head. but yea they not a bad band

but i like that song by mcr thats good they play it on mtv all the time.the video is a lil wierd tho

How rock music would ever fuck with a rappers flow is beyond me.. If anything it might improve flow by giving you ideas for putting melody in rap lyrics and not being straight up flat on ya vocals..

Otherwise if your actual lyrics are that easy to influence, then you wouldnt want to listen to any rap either dude.. Might turn out sounding like a clone.......

DON 08-07-05 01:41 AM

^no it just fucks up with my flow, i dont listen to what they say when i hear rap i just hear the flow and it gets into my subconciense (sp), and when i listen to rock it messes me up and plsu its addictive. if ur gona rap u gota eat breathe and sleep it if u wana be somebody cuz that gives u an edge

La Cosa Nostra 08-07-05 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON
^no it just fucks up with my flow, i dont listen to what they say when i hear rap i just hear the flow and it gets into my subconciense (sp), and when i listen to rock it messes me up and plsu its addictive. if ur gona rap u gota eat breathe and sleep it if u wana be somebody cuz that gives u an edge

I live hip hop every day and yet I still listen to rock music. Why be part of an industry if your too ignorant to understand all of its genres. My style involves melody in rap and I keep a broard perspective on effects I can achieve with the diversty in my music to the extent I can even use a slight rock style of flow to keep the overall track fresh and interesting.

The worst thing a rapper can do comming into the music industry is be like everyone else. Sure you might sell albums, but unless your bringing a definitive style, your career will never have staying power.

Having said that, I'm not saying your like every other rapper, I'm just saying that because of my origional style, I've never had the problem where my music is influenced so easily.. I'm my own artist and the way I think is different to all rap artists, rock artists or pop artists.. But I still enjoy listening to their music because it gives me a broarder perspective on the industry I'm basing my career in.

If your being that easily influenced whenever you listen to other types of music, then I doubt being an artist in this industry is going to last very long for you.

DON 08-07-05 03:19 PM

^i never said anythign about it influencing my content, but listening to rock is a different style so it fucks up my flow that has nutin to do wit who i m or wat i talk about