RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   The Cerebral Approach (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=352)
-   -   What Is Intelligence? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=219487)

Cocaine 01-14-06 07:37 PM

truth.. thats like saying because an athlete got bad grades in school.. but went on to the NFL and makes multi millions.. he's smart..

Cocaine 01-14-06 07:38 PM

which by the way.. is a ridiculous point

Incineratedrose 01-14-06 08:24 PM

Well, im gonna be creative here...

Intelligence differs from people, i have always scored high on tests and so forth, and been envied amongst my peers when it comes to intelligence in general. But yesterday, i went down to get my car fixed at the mechanics.. And although i know if he took the tests that i do, he would score poorly in comparison to my scores. But he gets under my car, and talks about the parts like they are divine pieces to life. And he fixes my car, a pretty intricate device, every single time. So i think you can be intelligent in your own area. Just some people are to arrogant to realize that.

Incineratedrose 01-14-06 08:29 PM

Oh, yeah, and i walked in, and my mechanic (Jefferey) tells me this joke. He says:

"A deaf man walks into a hardware store looking for nails and a hammer, so he uses his hands to make symbols that look similar to a man hammering nails into something. And the clerk gets him his nails and hammer. A blind man walks in, looking for scissors, how do you think he asked for them?"

and without thinking, i used my fingers to make a sign of cutting... and he says "no you dumb jerk, he opens his mouth and asks for them"...

Which was funny, because he said "ive been asking that of customers all day".. i said "did you get any so far?".. he replies, "a few, but i knew id get you".. and i say "whys that?".. he replies with "with all of that intelligence, you cant be that smart"

...and i had a feeling, he was right.

In-Vision 01-18-06 05:07 AM

to me, intelligence is your ability to understand the world around you, and the information thats presented to it, and than use what you've learned in a manner that shows you understand it

In-Vision 01-18-06 05:12 AM

and to add onto hopesfall about the car intelligence, thats a fine example...see, if you have a higher ability to understand things....you too could do what he does, if you applied yourself..that man wasn't born with car intelligence..however he was born with enough intelligence to understand cars, and the passion to work on them. Now maybe working on cars requires less intelligence, because allthough it seems difficult to understand, it's really not...take me for example, i pay people to work on my car, because i think it would be silly to do it myself, now i could have used my intelligence to gain an understanding of cars so i could do it myself, but why bother when i can apply my intelligence elsewhere, and do something i enjoy?

Mentor 01-29-06 11:24 PM

:cussing: intellegence is stupid :cussing:

Blay'all 01-30-06 06:19 AM

knowledge is power. intelligence is everything.

*plays twilight zone music* lol, word :cool:

DoContinue 02-02-06 12:04 AM

intelligence is having the mental capacity to consiously carry out all functions in life you would want to do. like, having the capacity to ride a bike if u want, is intelligence. if u wanna be able to read book,thats intelligence as well. however, knowing what day kennedy was shot is not necessarily intelligence unless you use it for some meaningful purpose ("meaningful" varies from person to person)
all things that help you define your own reality that is based on your perception of things can be considered intelligence or knowledge.*bc who knows WHAT reality REALLY is...* this reality shyt can wait for a whole nother thread tho, i have a lot to say on this subject... and yes, i came up w. this definition on my own

In-Vision 02-02-06 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoContinue
intelligence is having the mental capacity to consiously carry out all functions in life you would want to do. like, having the capacity to ride a bike if u want, is intelligence. if u wanna be able to read book,thats intelligence as well. however, knowing what day kennedy was shot is not necessarily intelligence unless you use it for some meaningful purpose ("meaningful" varies from person to person)
all things that help you define your own reality that is based on your perception of things can be considered intelligence or knowledge.*bc who knows WHAT reality REALLY is...* this reality shyt can wait for a whole nother thread tho, i have a lot to say on this subject... and yes, i came up w. this definition on my own

yeah..i covered that..thanks

DoContinue 02-02-06 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-Vision
yeah..i covered that..thanks

oh, well i didnt read your post........ so um, i guess i agree wit you then

Terumoto 02-03-06 01:57 AM

Its not the same as wisdom, thats for sure. If some guy was very intelligent in the field of anatomy, and knew all of the body's weakest points, he could easily injure or kill everyone he saw, but that wouldn't be wise... Not the best example, but think of it on a larger scale; Scientists have the ability to genetically engineer humans, but is it wise to do so? The consequences would most likely be bad. Meaning they are wise in not using that intelligence.

Anyway, this is a pretty stupid question. The question should be what is knowledge.

The word "intelligence" is used in a lot of different ways, and because of flaws in language, a true meaning is impossible to deduce.

Intelligence could be anything. Intelligence could be being concious and aware, for example, "humans are intelligent, whereas animals are not." Or it could be natural intelligence. Like if you're one of the guys who needs to work hard to acheive results, or if you are just naturally intelligent.

Its too ambiguous to actually come up with an answer.

archieDX 02-03-06 01:27 PM

to me,
intelligence is knwing when to speak out
and when to shut up and listen
intelligence probbably is different from IQ and study related knowledge cos
intelligence definatly suggests best use of knowledge, probably closer to common sense and awarness

archieDX 02-03-06 01:29 PM

Quote:

The word "intelligence" is used in a lot of different ways, and because of flaws in language, a true meaning is impossible to deduce.

that is also very true, open a new thread called what is knowledge, that'd be interesting