RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Universal Zulu Nation Calls Emergency Meeting to Recapture Hip-Hop (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=222858)

Incineratedrose 02-21-06 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th
I'll go battle Afrika Bambataa for supremecy.

Rofl, wtf. Sweet.

distilled 02-22-06 06:41 PM

Q had a point there, the bit at the end was pretty self centered, but who is to say what can and cant be played. Notice most people there are considered 'old school' and that one of the first things it says is mixing the old school, with the new school.

My Opinion; Publicity Stunt.

In my eyes they'r no better than hip hop artists today for doin this.

Tha Q. 02-23-06 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by distilled
Q had a point there, the bit at the end was pretty self centered, but who is to say what can and cant be played. Notice most people there are considered 'old school' and that one of the first things it says is mixing the old school, with the new school.

My Opinion; Publicity Stunt.

In my eyes they'r no better than hip hop artists today for doin this.

Exactly...They claim they want "real" hip hop played. Well, what's more "real" than people rapping about their lives? There is an ENTIRE GAY HIP HOP movement underground. But, how many of those tracks do you hear being bumped on the radio?

This is ridiculous.

Hypocrites

Gay rappers love the culture as much as str8 rappers, but they aren't included?

I bet all these people making all this noise wouldn't be so enthusiastic of Gay Rappers did the same shit.

And to Nos's drunk ass, I know who A. Bam is.

Tha Q. 02-23-06 01:29 PM

TIME TO FIGHT ALL RADIO STATIONS WHO CLAIM HIP HOP BUT DO NOT PLAY HIP HOP IN A BALANCE. PLAY OLD SCHOOL WITH NEW SCHOOL TO KEEP A BALANCE WITH TRUE SCHOOL...TIME TO FIGHT ALL THESE DAMN STATIONS WHO ARE JUST PLAYING ONE STYLE OF RAP AND TO FIGHT

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Other forms of rap:

Christian
Homo hop
Conscious

Yea...play ALL OF THOSE IN BALANCE
Like I said before, who is HE or anyone to determine which forms make it into that so-called "balance"

RIDICULOUS

pssf

That'll be the day.

Tha Q. 02-23-06 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMPIN aint easy
LMFAO HOMO HOP LOL

BUT DO NOT PLAY HIP HOP IN A BALANCE. PLAY OLD SCHOOL WITH NEW SCHOOL TO KEEP A BALANCE WITH TRUE SCHOOL...TIME TO FIGHT ALL THESE DAMN STATIONS WHO ARE JUST PLAYING ONE STYLE OF RAP

ok read that again wat is the last line fight hem that are not pplayin one style of rap he aint sayin elts fight the stations that aint playin the 2 kinds
he wa jus sayin play hip hop in balance, play old skoo wit new skoo, it was like he was sayin for exampple play old wit new skoo so u mixin shit up

Again, who is he to say "play old school" with "new school"? Why isn't he sayin, "Play ALL types of rap". Gay rappers have an entire underground culture that's being overlooked. There are mad Christian rappers. I'm sure there are many other forms of rap that are underground that people would genuinely enjoy if given the opportunity to hear them.

Tha Q. 02-23-06 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMPIN aint easy
FFS MAAN I ANSWERED THAT IN MY LAST POST READ IT AGAIN HE AINT SAYIN JUS PLAY THOSE 3 KINDS HE SAYIN PLAY A VARIETY OF HIP-HOP, IS A VARIETY 2 KINDS???

Well...I can't wait to see this variety.

Indeph 02-23-06 02:37 PM

African bombata IS kinda acting like some GOD. I mean shit, he's acting like we're in some sort of all ou war. Instead of waiting for hip hop to change again he's just bringing us back to how we was before. Wow, how great.

Tha Q. 02-23-06 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♣♣♣♣
African bombata IS kinda acting like some GOD. I mean shit, he's acting like we're in some sort of all ou war. Instead of waiting for hip hop to change again he's just bringing us back to how we was before. Wow, how great.

I agree. He's not speaking for me. He's speaking for himself as far as I'm concerned. The only thing that raised my eyebrow was when he said, "Play old school rap."

pssf

How about..."Play A wide variety of rap"

A Bam. just Happens to be about as OLD SCHOOL as you can get.