RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The South is ruining hip-hop (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=229491)

Dirty Nigga 06-08-06 07:43 AM

Man, close ya mouth...cuz ya shit be stinkin boy!!

wack Southern ''hip hop'' as you call it....what you really know about it tho? Cunninlynguists owns (lyrically they the shit)...Scarface is ill...T.I Is doin his thing...Cham got the people screamin his name...Luda runs ATL...shit you want more names?

South aint all about that crunk shit....thats just sumthin for the clubs....an not every southern emcee is with all that crunk shit...

and besides!...your into NY emcees and shit, right?...Most them bitches copy out southern style...cuz south is where its at right now....

Miami is the hip hop hot spot.....SOUTH OWNS.

know that.

(X)eed 06-10-06 04:01 AM

i agree.. sOuf Side hiP hop is fUCkin homO ... all bout Fuckin teeF nd fuckd up shit? Fuckin Pit Bull nd Fuckin arseholes like them

So.Rell 06-10-06 08:17 PM

Shit the North ain't doin nuffin ya'll only Got DipSet holdin it down...I give props to Ghostface tho CD was nice as fuck...I admit there are terrible southern rappers but when my brother drops his mixtape u can go by the qoute in my sig...And I'm remixin the song my boys did on my myspace..."Hit me up"

So.Rell 06-10-06 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (X)eed
i agree.. sOuf Side hiP hop is fUCkin homO ... all bout Fuckin teeF nd fuckd up shit? Fuckin Pit Bull nd Fuckin arseholes like them

Learn How to Spell

babegurl1814 06-10-06 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by So.Rell
down...I give props to Ghostface tho CD "
just wait for raekwon to drop his shit wu is gonn a bang on the whole world again son

So.Rell 06-10-06 08:44 PM

I don't really like Raekwon but i've never heard him say nething whack so I wouldn't be surprised...You realize everybody old is selling big these days... Mariah Carey Mary J Blidge and Ghostface

J Bee 06-15-06 08:42 PM

F U Ck C R U N K

Czar Bishop 06-16-06 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladbag
The South is running hip-hop

Says the Results of Last Week's Poll
I wasn't sure what to think when I was putting together last week's poll. On the one hand, it's a fairly common sentiment in hip-hop circles that a lot of southern rap sucks balls. But as the Bun B incident proved, it's also true that southern rap has no shortage of defenders on the Internet.

The results:

The South (178 votes)
Hispanics (146 votes)
The Bay Area (53 votes)
So the South ended up winning, er, losing. Actually, I was surprised that hispanics got as many votes as they did. I can only take this to mean that people are beginning to bend to my point of view when it comes to illegal immigration and also reggaeton, both of which have been a scourge on the black community.

In lyrical terms, the South has barley anyone that can rap. But I mean, look at Three 6 Mafia... lyricists? Hell no. "Tear The Club Up" isn't about being sick on the mic, its about partying and all that.

Some rappers from the south ARE some-what lyricists, though.

Look at Lil Wayne. Not that great of an MC, sure, but he's sicker than most Southern rappers so he is kind of (and no hate on Weezy, the kid is fly at spittin sometimes) "miraged" and glorified.

And btw, who the fuck made this poll? I'm making a new one...