RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   The Cerebral Approach (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=352)
-   -   Kids (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=232672)

[.:D:.] 08-01-06 03:40 AM

^^check ya pms before i murder you..:rolleyes:

∆ P E X X 08-01-06 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Hmm, well im not really that passionate about that kids thing, and I basically agree with you on it. Like I said, im neutral when it comes to having kids. I dont desperately want to, but I wouldnt mind if I did. I was just arguing "for" for the sake of the argument. lol -_-

what a waste. your "point" eroded to dust as you went on anyway, regardless of how you felt. or not felt as the case may be.

Quote:
No, you've missed the point. Being selfless? That is showing loving kindness and compassion to sentient beings, not preaching. I guarantee 99/100 people you preach to wont give a shit about what you're saying at all. The Buddha himself said not to waste your time in companionship with a fool. Also,

64. If a fool be associated with a wise man even all his life, he will perceive the truth as little as a spoon perceives the taste of soup.

65. If an intelligent man be associated for one minute only with a wise man, he will soon perceive the truth, as the tongue perceives the taste of soup.

If somebody really wants to attain enlightenment, they will do it themselves. You can help them if you want, but its not the purpose of enlightenment at all. If it was, enlightenment would be as useless as the next material object. There is a story of a man who was very wise, that decided to write commentaries on the sutras so that he could help other people become wise also. I can't remember the exact turn of events, but something happened to him and then he became enlightened, and he burned all of his commentaries that he had spent over 10 years writing. He said "Compared to what I have attained, these writings are a fine hair in this entire universe, nothing more than a single drop in the vast ocean."

To look to the future, hoping some day that you will be enlightened and you will be wiser than everyone else, so much so that you can help them... Is pointless. That's just your conditioning kicking in. "Things will be better later on." They won't.

The purpose of enlightenment is to have no purpose.

woah woah woah, nobody said anything about pushing enlightenment on anyone. that's foolish. since you're in a quoting mood "when the student is ready, the teacher will appear". I never met a buddhist who wasn't willing to teach someone who really wanted to know.

that is the act of selflessness.

and enlightening your self soley for the prospect of possibly enlightening others is A: dumb and B: not what i said.

if you want to go through life drifting from one indifference to the next you're a waste of existance. buddhism teaches that one ascends into the vastness of matter for the purpose of ascending others.

if you feel tomorrow won't be better than today that's on you man. i damn sure know my today was beter than my yesterday. and my yesterday is leaps and bounds better than my days were a year ago. then again... i don't drift through life either, so my POV is evidently much different.

Terumoto 08-01-06 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
woah woah woah, nobody said anything about pushing enlightenment on anyone. that's foolish. since you're in a quoting mood "when the student is ready, the teacher will appear". I never met a buddhist who wasn't willing to teach someone who really wanted to know.

that is the act of selflessness.

and enlightening your self soley for the prospect of possibly enlightening others is A: dumb and B: not what i said.

if you want to go through life drifting from one indifference to the next you're a waste of existance. buddhism teaches that one ascends into the vastness of matter for the purpose of ascending others.

if you feel tomorrow won't be better than today that's on you man. i damn sure know my today was beter than my yesterday. and my yesterday is leaps and bounds better than my days were a year ago. then again... i don't drift through life either, so my POV is evidently much different.

That is part of loving kindness and compassion. Telling someone if they truly want to know. Not the purpose of enlightenment. However it wasnt always the case... Chuang Tzu's master made him sit outside his hut for two years, never once inviting him inside. If Chuang Tzu asked him a question, often he would answer it as quickly as possible and go back to his business. It's not that he didn't like Chuang Tzu, but he had absolutely nothing to teach. What was he meant to say to him? "Don't do anything, and you'll be enlightened."

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexx
and enlightening your self soley for the prospect of possibly enlightening others is A: dumb and B: not what i said."

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexx
buddhism teaches that one ascends into the vastness of matter for the purpose of ascending others.

Huh? You're saying you should aim to become enlightened for a reason other than the supposed purpose of enlightenment? I don't get it. Shouldn't you be doing something because of its purpose?

The purpose of enlightenment is NOT to enlighten others. Others becoming enlightened may be a product of your awakening, but it is not the purpose of it. Far from it. The purpose of enlightenment is to have no purpose, to become content with just existence (aka not having a purpose, so dont pull me up on technicalities). If you go to Kyoto around the temples there, you'll notice that the zen monks that are walking have a different walk to the rushy walk of the other japanese... They have a sort of swagger, its a movement forward alright, but not an urgent one. They are walking for the sake of walking, not because they have somewhere in particular to go. This is the mentality of existing to exist.

Look at yourself man. You are completely dependent on the future. Utterly conditioned to be attached to it. I'm not attacking you, we all are brought up in this society with that mentality. Always preparing for something that never comes. You go to pre-school to prepare for school, you go to primary to prepare for high school, you go to high school to prepare for college, you go to college to prepare for work, you go to work to make money so you have prepare for the future and perhaps live a better life when you are richer, as you work you prepare for retirement... Then you retire. You have a lump of cash, scenility, a limp dick, a shitty prostate and bad bones. By this time many people would have put their dependence on the crutch of religion, thinking that in the future when they die they'll go to heaven. It's bullshit man. You are putting hope in the future, saying things will be better, but when the future comes you'll continue to depend on the future because that future aint all its cracked up to be.

Why not be happy now? Right now? What is wrong with this exact moment? If you can find something wrong with it, i'd like to know what it is.

∆ P E X X 08-01-06 07:29 AM

^^dude my head hurts WAY too mcuh to read all of that shit man, skip the fuckin analogies and just get to the fuckin point.

Terumoto 08-01-06 07:49 AM

lmao alright

"Why not be happy now? Right now? What is wrong with this exact moment? If you can find something wrong with it, i'd like to know what it is."

∆ P E X X 08-01-06 05:16 PM

Quote:
lmao alright

"Why not be happy now? Right now? What is wrong with this exact moment? If you can find something wrong with it, i'd like to know what it is."

so you're saying one should only be satisfied with the current moment? planning allows you to be happy for the future because just drifting through life day by day is a sure fire way to be miserable tomorrow.

Terumoto 08-01-06 10:48 PM

Quote:
so you're saying one should only be satisfied with the current moment? planning allows you to be happy for the future because just drifting through life day by day is a sure fire way to be miserable tomorrow.

I wasn't saying that. Why not answer the question?

And exactly what planning do you have to do not to be miserable tomorrow?

Magic5 08-02-06 12:49 AM

Well, I deem it necessary to have kids to make sure my superb looks genes don't go to waste. Otherwise I'd just be a posterboy to all that is considered "sexy." I REFUSE TO BE A SLAVE TO SUCH MATERIALISM. . or something.

∆ P E X X 08-02-06 01:08 AM

Quote:
I wasn't saying that. Why not answer the question?

And exactly what planning do you have to do not to be miserable tomorrow?

what was your question, why not be happy right now? I am happy right now, and i also want to be happy in the future which is how we get into this plan. And my planning hahaha, i don't get into my business plans b, you could say I'm superstitious like that.

Terumoto 08-02-06 01:16 AM

Quote:
what was your question, why not be happy right now? I am happy right now, and i also want to be happy in the future which is how we get into this plan. And my planning hahaha, i don't get into my business plans b, you could say I'm superstitious like that.

Nah it was "whats wrong with right now?". I guess its the same thing.

Your future happiness is measured by your business plans. Thats not very good at all. -_-

∆ P E X X 08-02-06 01:33 AM

Quote:
Nah it was "whats wrong with right now?". I guess its the same thing.

Your future happiness is measured by your business plans. Thats not very good at all. -_-

HAHA!! if you say so lmao

Terumoto 08-02-06 01:35 AM

Quote:
HAHA!! if you say so lmao

Money = your happiness.

Magic5 08-02-06 01:50 AM

Money is pretty nice to have though. When I have it I feel all cool like, "WHAT?! YOU GOT SOMETHING TO SAY?! HOW ABOUT I JUST BUY OUT YOUR DAD'S BUSINESS, JEW BOY?! GO ACCOUNT SOMEWHERE ELSE!"

I've almost convinced myself that I rule the world. People already call me the king, savior, and male Aphrodite.

∆ P E X X 08-02-06 02:27 AM

Quote:
Money = your happiness.

wrong. not having to worry about money = my happiness. fortifying my family so none of them have to work for somebody else ever again is happiness, i could go on and on.

don't think you know me man, you never met a person like me in your life.

Magic5 08-02-06 02:42 AM

I'm pretty sure I have. His name. . is Brian.

myspace.com/nosamason

Tell me he doesn't remind you of yourself. He actually is one of my friends at school, so it's legit.