RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Lil Wayne (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=242383)

Sir Smash'Alot 05-24-07 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don cardyac
the one y'all should be talkin' about is lupe fiasco. now thats a lyricist. he dont even word his punches and wordplay the same as erybody else, better yet the content. if you aint know than you need to cop an album, listen to his stuff on youtube or somethin'.

papoose is tight too but lupe's a bit better. people just get caught in pap's hype cuz he yells out all of his punchlines, similar to ludacris. other than that alphabetical slaughter was his most lyrically creative presentation. in the late 90's and early 2000's, being a punchline rapper was a big lyrical thing, but erysince cassidy, the new dipset members, and ludacris blew up, erybody and there stepkids are punchline rappin'. now punchlines are a requirement so its gonna take more than that to separate yourself from the competition. thats where creativity comes in. which wayne ain't got that much of.

ludacris has a tight ass delivery

don cardyac 05-24-07 03:21 PM

yeah thats what i mean that him and pap has in common. they got the flow and voice and then they yell out the punchlines to make them stand out.

Cola 05-24-07 03:42 PM

ludacris would kill Lil wayne...

Rizo*da*God 05-24-07 04:15 PM

ludacris probably would kill lil wayne in a freestyle battle but lil wayne has better songs..at leats right now he doess...

waynes wordplay is so diff right now you cant help but to show love cuz da kidd makes you laugh wit da shit he be sayin......papoose off top is an emcee to da t but jus like cassidy his tracks are not that good...wayne doesnt have that problem...

but yeah to get on the topin Lil wayne is not the best....
just the best out right now .like ol boi said...

The Frowny Guy 05-24-07 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizo*da*God
ludacris probably would kill lil wayne in a freestyle battle but lil wayne has better songs..at leats right now he doess...

waynes wordplay is so diff right now you cant help but to show love cuz da kidd makes you laugh wit da shit he be sayin......papoose off top is an emcee to da t but jus like cassidy his tracks are not that good...wayne doesnt have that problem...

but yeah to get on the topin Lil wayne is not the best....
just the best out right now .like ol boi said...

If you think Lil Wayne is better than Cassidy then you're on something
Cassidy doesnt make good songs?

You never heard On the Grind?, You never heard AM to the Pm? you never heard C-Bonics?
Cassidy completely obliterates Lil Wayne..
Lil Wayne is extremely corny at times, plus he bites shit.
"GET MONEY FUCK BITCHES!?!?"
"In the back of my mind Im hopin she swallows"
"chillin like a scarecrow.. lookin for some brain" - which was originally said by Nick Cannon.. smh
c'mon now
any emcee that can say "Im on like the television" needs to put down the microphone and never touch it again.

Lil Wayne is NOT the best.. and he isnt the best right now
Joe Budden shits on Lil Wayne in every single aspect of rap there is.
The End.

The Frowny Guy 05-24-07 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayboy Sr.
all i gotta say is in 10 years people will realize that Weezy was revolutionary in hip-hop... hopefully it just wont be b/c he dies.

You are a dickrider.

TeamOne 05-26-07 02:54 PM

waynes fuckin wordplay isnt even good? i thought of ALL places, RV would be a place where Lil Wayne was hated because he's spitting concepts that we would all say in a battle thread was "ill as hell..... the first 15 times i heard it"

i cant believe there are people who like Wayne here.... the same lines he spits and u guys jizz over are the same lines i dont even consider writing down because theyre too played.....

wats funny is my friend freestyled a lil wayne verse a while ago... voice and all... it was a complete freestyle but still had wordplay in every line, JUST like lil wayne did it.... ill prolly post it sometime to see if all u think its good

Abraxas 05-26-07 11:19 PM

I hate Lupe or some reaso I just don't like his style that much, it kind of bores me. That my imo though.

Terumoto 05-26-07 11:50 PM

lil wayne has a gay ass name...

Terumoto 05-26-07 11:55 PM

lil wayne has a gay ass name...

chip 05-27-07 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxas
I hate Lupe or some reaso I just don't like his style that much, it kind of bores me. That my imo though.

go listen to 'Instrumental' then hop off lil Wayne's nutz and onto Lupe, at least he's not gassed-up... i mean wayne has a nuce flow, but no one could live up to the hype he gets... Lupe has one of the greatest lyrical minds out there right now, and most ppl don't know any of his songs that aren't singles... it's a shame really...

Blay'all 05-28-07 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic/Socrates
Lupe is better than Wayne, but Wayne is nice. He just fuckin plays with words so much, to the point where sometimes I don't catch the shit until the 50th time I hear the song. That's what keeps his shit fresh and entertaining. Granted, he's not the best EMCEE, but as a lyricist he's definitely the best well-known rapper right now.

said very well.

and he claims to be the best RAPPER alive, not the best emcee... being a good rapper includes alot of things in addition to being an emcee, like having mainstream sales AND dope tracks together.

and if you don't understand why weezy is revolutionary then you aren't listening... Past Tense, that shit you said about "he's the same as all the other rappers.....money,hoes,cars,clothes..blah blah blah......" is such bullshit... everything isn't about WHAT you talk about, that depends upon your environment/interests... but skill depends on HOW you say what you say, and that's what is revolutionary. you can't pick a topic that nobody's ever rapped on before, so no topic is gonna be revolutionary.

Dez 05-28-07 03:46 AM

Lil Wayne kisses men then raps about it.

He's horribly gay and overrated. 90% of the South should not have an opinion when it comes to hip-hop.