RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   British rap (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=85080)

Dimez 10-14-03 10:50 AM

Its Amazing How British Rappers Cover Up They Accents

LM 10-14-03 11:19 AM

To be completley honest, i haven't got much of an accent. I'm also in talks with a local rock group who want me to feature on one of their tracks, I started this thread to see if anyone thinks a british rapper can blow up. I aint lookin for a deal straight away if i hit the stage with this group but it'll be interestin to see what the crowd makes of me as a rapper. Bein british does give me a disadvantage tho!

Bigg E Z 10-14-03 01:41 PM

YOU WHAT...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man....the accent is everything..!!! SERIOUSLY..!!! We need to keep our accent....its what makes us UK Hip Hop....and can a UK head Blow...hell yeah.....and Cam will agree on that...1!!

im sayin this for obvious reasons......

-ElocuShun- 10-14-03 01:49 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^herb^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^british rap is tight

LM 10-14-03 02:39 PM

I aint sayin i cover up my accent. I'm sayin i dont sound like the steriotypicical British kid. I dont speak like the americans think we speak, all posh and shit. I aint even got a strong scouse accent. Thats what i meant by sayin i aint got much of an accent. The way i talk doesnt stand out so much that people can say that i come from near liverpool. (I live near liverpool, not in it incase people get confused with what i put on my profile).

*Y_nOt* 10-14-03 05:50 PM

^^^ HAHAHA....yall catz down south got accents fool!!!

THE DOPED MALB 10-15-03 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by *Y_nOt*
^^^ HAHAHA....yall catz down south got accents fool!!!

Liverpool isnt dow south fool

Quote:
Originally posted by Luminous
people with accents can't rap.

havent americans got accents????

and y do people keep mentioning artists with a garage theme like so solid poo and big brovas shit like that
y dont y'all mention some proper british hip/hop artists/GROUPS like
BLACK TWANG
TASKFORCE
57TH DYNASTY

now they are worth listening 2

JohnnyWatts 10-15-03 04:47 PM

wtf british raps gay

Rob D 10-15-03 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyWatts
wtf british raps gay

^^^ cummin from a fag!

seriously british rap is cummin strong, peeps like

roots manuva,
klashnekoff,
jehst,
hoodz underground,
City Ov Villanz (Cov),
blak twang,

JohnnyWatts 10-15-03 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob D

^^^ cummin from a fag!

seriously british rap is cummin strong, peeps like

roots manuva,
klashnekoff,
jehst,
hoodz underground,
City Ov Villanz (Cov),
blak twang,

bitch shut up and get off there dick....yea there cummin hard in yours ass like i said its gay british rap is gay i got my own opinion
so quit talkin shit fo u get merked

Doctor_J 10-15-03 07:28 PM

im...british...we...rap...sick...in...the...hood

fuck british man yall don't know what real hip hop is

-ElocuShun- 10-15-03 07:33 PM

british rap is ill and will be hittin the states by storm soon.............rob d is speakin tha truth......kalesnekoff is sik.................doc j is H.I.V positive baby

Bigg E Z 10-16-03 02:26 AM

"""and y do people keep mentioning artists with a garage theme like so solid poo and big brovas shit like that
y dont y'all mention some proper british hip/hop artists/GROUPS like
BLACK TWANG
TASKFORCE
57TH DYNASTY..""

LMFAO, THE DYNASTY.....Man...I know the whole lot of them...!!!

And yo, its true that UK cats are currently sonning the States with Sickness...1!!! Were currently more skilful with our game,Lyrics and Underground ill-ness at the mo.....

And JohnnyWatts, U better watch your mouth b4 i punish u.....Little fuckin NOOB.........

Rob D 10-16-03 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyWatts

bitch shut up and get off there dick....yea there cummin hard in yours ass like i said its gay british rap is gay i got my own opinion
so quit talkin shit fo u get merked

why the fuck are some people so ignorant of british rap! you ever listened to any of the people i listed? you cant talk shit without knowin what u talkin about! herb! all i fuckin hear is "rap started in america" so what! dont mean shit! in the uk we progressin the rap game, and johnny watts download some of the rappers me and other people have listed, then see if u still wanna talk shit about british rap,

oh yeah and who gonna merk me? you! lmfao!

*runs off before he gets merked by big bad johnny*

ferrarihov50 10-16-03 07:37 AM

i agree with luminous, im from Zambia in Africa and we are brought up to think and act and live like Americans. Here in Northern Ireland im tryin my best NOT to acquire an accent and fuck up my flo. "Hail America" we love you.