RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   what is hip hop? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=165327)

TheLivinLegend 07-08-05 10:36 PM

Aye that is Tru Rap and Hip hop aint shit alike

Ysdat 07-16-05 07:08 PM

rap is a branch off the hip hop legacy.

foo

TeamOne 07-23-05 11:40 PM

hip hop is life.....

rap is wat i do

Terumoto 07-24-05 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPLB
rap became hip hop after some time.

Yeah exactly. Just like rock music became skating after some time...

(get of the drugs fool)

ILL! 07-24-05 02:21 AM

yea i hate that rock shit lol^

i put hiphop and rap together so there 1!

Ysdat 07-24-05 02:26 AM

rap is a branch from hip hop.

hip hop's the lifestyle.raps the element.

Spektikul 07-24-05 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysdat
rap is a branch off the hip hop legacy.

foo

werd...

dont mess with the man thats behind this thread yall...

:thumbup:

N.E.T 07-25-05 01:40 AM

rap is about persons life
hiphop is like sumthing everybody dose like from the way u act to clothing
i mean thats wat i think it is

Terumoto 07-25-05 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuxJustAWord
hip hop is dead

rap is what i do

Rap - popular
Breakin - popular
graff - popular
DJing - popular
hiphop heads - many

yup... sure is dead

Thassarap 08-05-05 10:36 AM

Quote:
Hip hop isnt all about money bitch's and gun's.

original hip hop wasnt, but modern hip hop definitely is about having money, bein a gangsta/dealer/pimp, moving weight, killing people, fucking ho's, etc.
there are a few exceptions, but not many

taz 08-09-05 01:38 PM

hip hop=life true dat bitches

chip 08-12-05 07:13 PM

RAP as potrayed by the mainstream is pop music. the ghostwriters, simple ass topics(guns bitches, money, etc.), and overall lack of originality is not a true representation of REAL hip-hop. to me, i'm no longer a rapper. that title got twisted by the coke dealers turned wannabe gangstaz turned rappers. i consider myself to be a hip-hop artist. i flow and love the art of makin my emotions come to life in my rhymes(which is why i started writing in Poetic Scriptures). it pains me to think my aspirations of bein' a mainstream artist iz bein' ruined by people who already made it in the industry. i refuse to sell my soul(yeah my music is my heart and soul) just to make a buck. i'ma be underground bcuz to me that's where hip-hop REALLY is. the kid spittin' in the cafeteria of his schoolnot bcuz he gets paid to, but bcuz it's what he loves to do. bcuz of that kid real hip-hop will never die.

*shout to the kid rappin' at lunch, i see u, i see u boy

-Chip

Dickard. 08-14-05 01:48 AM

^^^True that man....hip hop is my inspiration to life with out hip hop....id be in a cell right now.........

Ysdat 08-17-05 01:47 AM

this thread needs to be filtered and cleaned of freeposts and bullshit so my original post is more effective, kids need to read it before they type.

Terumoto 08-17-05 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural killa
so hip-hop's not a genre? :huh:

Nope. Media just screws a whole lot of things up. Its rap, not hip hop, and rap is part of hip hop which is a culture. RnB is RnB... I dont know what dumbass decided one day that RnB was hip hop.

But anyway, you should read up about it cos im tired of explaining.

.Mystique. 08-27-05 11:08 AM

Yeah really....Most rappers make rap/hip hop... But then again they are rappers so how come some songs of theres are rap an the others hip hop? two completely different things.

Ysdat 08-27-05 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Mystique.
Yeah really....Most rappers make rap/hip hop... But then again they are rappers so how come some songs of theres are rap an the others hip hop? two completely different things.

rap=money

hip hop=the love and respect for what we have as the next generation to express ourselves.

big diffrence.

.Mystique. 08-27-05 12:32 PM

exactly........^^

Ysdat 08-31-05 01:52 AM

Quote:
What is hip hop?

Hip hop is a lifestyle.It is an artform.It is a culture of self expression.
Hip hop isnt just rap music. It is based on 4 element's.
Breakdancing,graffiti art,turntablism and of course rap music. these four element's are all based upon self expression, if you do any 1 of these element's proberly with skill yet in your own original style.you have used hip hop the way it is spose to be used. Hip hop is to be respected. Hip hop isnt all about money bitch's and gun's.NO!! It's about diffrent culture's and religion's coming together to enjoy the realist music ever created. It doesnt matter what color your skin is. Hip hop isnt abou tyour color, it's about unity. It's about showing our elder's we have belife's,were not just wild youth with no understanding of the world.

Hip hop is our way of gaining knowlegde of the world,and the way the world work's.It is the expression of the youth of the year 2000. It is our outlet.

Afrika Bambaataa's definition of hip hop
Hip Hop means the whole culture of the movement.. when you talk about rap..Rap is part of the hip hop culture..The emceeing..The djaying is part of the hip hop culture. The dressing the languages are all part of the hip hop culture.The break dancing the b-boys, b-girls ..how you act, walk, look, talk are all part of hip hop culture.. and the music is colorless.. Hip Hop music is made from Black, brown, yellow, red, white.. whatever music that gives you the grunt.. that funk.. that groove or that beat.. It's all part of hip hop....
(thank's to davy d's hip hop corner)

well that's my thought's on hip hop.what's left to say?

Everyone keep respecting the culture,and the culture will respect you back.

This thread has been cleaned. Please try stay real to yourself and our culture and post deep meaningfull shit for future rv heads to read and see how we stood on this culture of hiphop.

-Ysd@-

Mentor 08-31-05 10:40 AM

hip hop is what that description all said and it can be done by any person, color, religion, and it dont really matter where u come from...u can be from the burbs and still put together words as good as people in the hood...u just gotta learn how ta use them and elevate

Ysdat 09-01-05 09:34 PM

Mods re stick this.

Terumoto 09-01-05 09:34 PM

Arent you a mod here?

Ysdat 09-01-05 09:35 PM

nah. I had it moved to cyphers so I can go thru it and clean otu all the pointless posts.

Terumoto 09-01-05 09:46 PM

Fair enough.... I always thought you were a mod of there

Ysdat 09-01-05 10:15 PM

nah, but big paul was spose to fucking re-stick this. :(

Nynth Degree 09-01-05 10:29 PM

Stuck like gloo.

Shazz 09-19-05 10:05 AM

Quote:
nah, but big paul was spose to fucking re-stick this. :(

Too many stickles in hip hop lounge

.Compulsive. 10-25-05 05:30 PM

Yeah there is to many.

Gangsta Kim 11-23-05 02:26 PM

Some consider beatboxing the fifth element of hip hop.....Hip hop is a cultural movement that began among urban African Americans in New York City in the early 1970s, and has since spread around the world....

Gangsta Kim 11-23-05 02:32 PM

"Rap is something you do/ Hip-Hop is something you live." - KRS-ONE
This list is the definitive list that all the rest of you toy motherfuckers were trying to compile under World's Best Rappers. Read and learn, fools. Then go out and buy real Hip-Hop recordings. Support reality. Quit wasting daddy's money on Hollywood horseshit. Ignorance kills!World's 50 Best Hip-Hop Artists...period
(List includes groups and solo artists, mc's and dj's. The order in which I have listed them is irrelevent. They all do Hip-Hop the way it was meant to be done.)
1. Freestyle Fellowship (Aceyalone, Peace, Mikah Nine, and Self Jupiter)
2. Abstract Rude (A.T.U.)
3. Busdriver
4. Hip Hop Clan
5. Chillin Villain Empire (C.V.E.)
6. and anybody else affiliated with Project Blowed/ Massmen/ Heavyweights crew including Of Mexican Descent, Medusa, The Nonce (R.I.P. Yusef Afloat), Fat Jack, DJ Drez, etc.
7. Ultramagnetic MC's (including all of Kool Kieth's solo work under various different names/personalities)
8. Atmosphere
9. Eyedea and Abilities
10. Dilated Peoples
11. Blackalicious
12. Lateef and Lyrics Born
13. DJ Shadow
14. Hieroglyphics (including Del tha Funky Homosapien, Souls of Mischief, Casual, Pep Love, etc.)
15. KRS-ONE (including BDP, of course)
16. Eric B. and Rakim
17. Gangstarr
18. Organized Konfusion
19. Mos Def
20. Talib Kweli
21. De La Soul
22. A Tribe Called Quest
23. Jungle Brothers
24. Black Sheep
25. Brand Nubian
26. Common
27. Nas
28. The Roots
29. Beastie Boys
30. Run DMC
31. Public Enemy
32. N.W.A.
33. Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five
34. The Pharcyde
35. Biz Markie
36. LL Cool J
37. EPMD
38. Too Short
39. 3rd Bass
40. Wu Tang Clan
41. Black Moon
42. Big Daddy Kane
43. Jurassic 5
44. Shapeshifters
45. The Coup
46. Jeru the Damaja
47. The Beatnuts
48. Afrika Bambaataa
49. Pete Rock and C.L. Smooth
50. Moonshine
God damn! I could keep going, but this is getting mighty hectic, so I'll stop at 50. Please pay no mind to the completely random order. I gave up on trying to put them in order from the get-go.

Hannibal 11-28-05 11:52 AM

Yeah i think Krs One said it best.
'Hip Hop Is A Consciousness Its Not A Cd'.

Gangsta Kim 12-02-05 01:07 PM

tahnx. ..... man ppl underestimate u know ............. GK

kalichyld 12-04-05 03:51 PM

u forgot Ras KAss

Gangsta Kim 12-05-05 10:22 AM

Hip hop is a cultural movement that began among urban African Americans in New York City in the early 1970s, and has since spread around the world.

Gangsta Kim 12-05-05 10:25 AM

ya man srry........... biggy , 2 pac u know justsome main great rappers and such didnt make the list not that they couldnt ...... its that i wrote this real quick u know? and i only had 50 best rappers........ srry dude ya Ras KAss should be on that list eh
............... GK

Indeph 12-08-05 06:55 PM

Hip hop is that thing where you do shit.

M.C. Streak 12-30-05 02:25 PM

Hip Hop is an artform and a subculture, it's NOT just music

it is also the clothes you wear, graffiti, DJ'ing breakdancing and all

Sobe. 01-03-06 09:31 PM

then hip hop sucks.
rap rules.

Shazz 01-05-06 11:40 PM

There should be a poll of rap and hip-hop

GC 01-09-06 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobe.
then hip hop sucks.