RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Audio Assistance (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Acid Help! (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=103178)

Tha Duce 01-11-04 08:24 PM

haha OMG at you all.. Ok serously It does not matter what you use.. ive talked to alot of Producers at diffrent studios in what they thought was the best... they ALL said there is not realy a best there is alot of good programs... Its just what the producer likes to use. Like I have used Pro tools quite a bit and I dont like it as much as Sonar 3 Producer edtion. and Ive used cool edit pro, acid, cakewalk Pro audio 9 and a few other shit.. and I personaly like sonar 3 the best. and each program has there stragths and weaknesses... read some detaild information Like in EQ mag.

so everyone stop bitching...

urban_tactics 01-12-04 02:10 AM

i feel u dawg...acid is very good, if it wasnt i wouldnt have it on my HD...i love sonar too...but i'm getting pro tools soon, so i'll prolly scrap errything and move all my plugs to their new home...pro tools LE

D-Verb 01-12-04 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PostMan
lol@that kid calling me an idiot.... cool edit is the most used by netcee's.. im guessing he has neva tried acid.

Umm, I have been using acid for about 3 years now

Cool Edit and Acid both have their strong points, but do you honestly believe acid gives you "more control over the filters?" You really don't know how to use Cool Edit Pro if you believe that, bottom line. Acid's filters are extremely limited to say the least. When it comes to assembling your tracks together Acid beats Cool Edit hands down, but Acid can't shake a stick at Cool Edit's filters. I still use Acid, but I clean up all my takes w/ cool edit

Quote:
Originally posted by PostMan
cool edit is the most used by netcee's..

I doubt that, everybody and their mom has a copy of one version or another of Acid Pro. All the wannabe rapper cats in my school rock acid, I have never talked to one that has heard of Cool Edit.

BTW, peeped ya audio...not too bad, keep droppin.

Quote:
Originally posted by C.Quip

WTF...You say shit that makes absolutely no sense..

Sound it out and read it slow, my sentence structure is not utterly perplexing.

PostMan 01-12-04 11:45 AM

^man...... you HAVE NO idea what your talking about.. EVERY NETCEE USES COOL EDIT.. ASK ANYONE ON THIS SITE WHO DOES AUDIO AND I BET THEY USE COOL EDIT BUT A SELECT FEW.. COOL EDIT WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT MIXING.....

Tha Duce 01-12-04 02:11 PM

and do you know somthing about mixing postman?

the closest thing to Pro Tools is sonar 3 producer edtion thous take real mixing skill... and yes cool edit and acid... are easyer platforms but they lack alot of fuctionalbity in them just alot of simple things make a huge diffrence.

but Ive heard great tracks come from all of these programs . so when it realy comes down to it. its about the people using them. not the programs..

...OpeY... 01-12-04 02:31 PM

where is alcatrakz when u need him *sigh*

PostMan 01-12-04 03:14 PM

want me to bring people in this thread who produce and have real studios?????

Protools is nothing without the hardware so thats not even a factor.. sonar 3 is nice.. thats what i hear that and cubase sx... i know acid and cool edit may not be as good but i dont give a fuck....... my quality is fine with acid.... i might switch to sonar when i wanna learn that shit. but cool edit sux ass period.

Tha Duce 01-12-04 08:39 PM

wow this is like a debate on the chicken or the egg shit... hella funny

urban_tactics 01-12-04 11:56 PM

i'm sorry...but once u get the terminolgy down...their all the same in my opinon...except that damn LOGIC...the whole learning curve on that just annoys the hell outta me...needless to say i uninstalled it...sonar has almost the same abilities as pro tools...if u compare all the features "software" wise

acid is simple and effective with a good plug in bundle like waves platinum bundle...with those 900 dolla plugs u cant be fucked with...but they take up hella RAM, esp the reverb...thats why the pre-rendering option is critical for me...but i havent found that feature in acid (believe me i searched) only automation, which i really see kinda pointless in mixing...but i can see it's purpose if i was makin a beat...but i use reason 2.5, so that feature isnt useful for me at all...it all falls down on what ur tryin to do...

all i want is prerendering, separate busses, easy access plugins, and some meters...and i'm good.