RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Battling is so pointless. (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=117496)

DeVaZtAtE MinDz 04-07-04 02:48 PM

I dont see why all the fuss over text battling? Personally I like a good prewrite battle because most ppl keystyles are @zz, not saying all ppl, but words don't do a song justice sometimes. Alot of mainstream songs are garbage on paper. Delivery and flow and a decent instrumental make a world of a difference. But yea battling is becoming on of those "lost arts".

SINISTER 04-10-04 10:08 AM

Totaly agree with you it is turning into a joke, i cant wait for the annonomus battle feature so pepole can stop dick ryding

R-Sinic Jaws 04-10-04 08:59 PM

i withdraw what i said ealier, i rarley battle anymore either. i would but i don't have time for the shit anymore. i just did it for noteriorty.

Shadows edge 04-10-04 09:09 PM

i dunno... i battle because i want to work on lyrical worldplay and stuff like that, and this gets me thinking, and its cool... im probably get burnt out soon and switch over mostly to writing... i mean i would do audio and mix beats and stuff if only i could, i mean im just a white boy from the burb :help:

i might start doing more music and maybe putting some out.. but mostly i do this shit because i consider rap a more interesting form of poetry for me... it's all about getting out and penning some cool shit...

don't do it if you don't want to, but no need to rag on people who are actually trying to do some real shit, is all im saying.. :shrug:

S-killz 04-10-04 09:24 PM

thats like asking why do ppl. breakdance, or why do people do graffiti?

why?

CAUSE ITS FUN,!

DUH! STUPID

Diagnose 04-11-04 12:22 AM

yea..I agree with all of ya..battling is alright..and it is more fun in real life cuz on net..you get to think..in real life..you have to come up with something at the top of your head which is alot harder

Diablo-Vice 04-14-04 10:56 AM

my opinion is different i battle cuz im always looking to get better so if i can see how better emcees use wordplay and multis and shit like that and make it all flow together it becomes a learning experiance

dren 04-15-04 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Mynd
seriously it's turned into a joke

it was a joke before but now it's just a completely anal joke

other than the attention they might get from it, why do people still do it? is there any other reason?

cause i mean, fuck...everyone writes the same. even the ultra popular clever style lines are still boring and feel like i've seen them written by everyone else. unless your name is krossword you're not unique, and he doesn't even battle cause he's smart...and the other people who are unique, are unique because they completely suck and havn't learned to write like a robot yet.

people who blew ass a year ago are known as decent now...like zuch and jux and shit. no offense, well, actually i dont care but yeah, i read these verses and they're not worth raising my eyebrows for. no ones are except for maybe Nebs and that's it.

everyones the same. everybody writes identical to eachother. i won't even start about how voting has never, ever been fair...because that would just taint everyones precious win columna nd we can't have that now can we! storytelling is ok, "battle" battling or whatever the fuck u wanna call it, isn't...not to me at least

i'll say it again. battling is stupid and pointless and only good for the kids who wanna see their names in voting replies.

With that said - JOIN THE BATTLE LEAGUE.

are you talking about the so called netcees here? or are you also talking about real emcees who battle outside of their closets? there is a big difference there. and yes most kids on the internet eventually fall into the typical rap battle style. especially over at your sister site. oh by the way that site is gay, and they IP banned me. so fuck them...but anyway let the little kats do their thing n shit. maybe a few of them will actually go out and get signed or something.....

$$$tim$$$ 04-15-04 02:12 PM

yea yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVaZtAtE MinDz
word? Fuq battling. That stuff was hot like 2 years ago but, it done kinda feel off.

guilty !!!!!

PoLiFicK 04-15-04 10:48 PM

IP: 4C8F 0F5D

Voting May Not Be Fair - So ThereFore .. Why Battle.. EveryBody Has There Own Opinions, I Just Like To Battle For Fun And EveryBody Battles For Different Reasons Whether It Be For "Madness" "Fun" "Records" .. Or What Not' .. I Agree Battling Isnt The Same AnyMore' People Bite Lines Off Of MC's Other Sites And What Ever, But Still They Get Caught In The Long Run, I Mean Its Worthless To "Bite Another "Mc"' Or What Not' But Its Just A Battle Nothing Really To Hate About It. (Just My Opinion) Nothing More Nothing Less,!!! But I Do Agree With You Very Much So.

<~*~*~ FeMale *-*-* Femcee
Respect List:
Liquor of Tears (Almost Forgot Bout You)
furoshis (My Baby's Daddy)
Accomplishment
Ill Testament
Choppa-City
Killah Bwoy
Re$TricTed
YoungStar*
CreaTiviTie
$$UPREME
G Deuce
Enygma
SPuL
L.I.

****Class Sic****

DisasterPeice420
View Public Profile
Send a private message to DisasterPeice420
Visit DisasterPeice420's homepage!
Find More Posts by DisasterPeice420
Add DisasterPeice420 to Your Buddy List

agreed ^^^^

~Lady Fiya~ 04-16-04 10:31 AM

battlin' is turnin into a joke but i relieve my mind when i battle someone...

R-Sinic Jaws 04-16-04 03:07 PM

Also alot of times when you battle in sites people barley like to vote on them shits, and that can get on ur nerves alot. When you want to win but no one is voting. That is so gay. You fuckers vote.