RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   The N Word.. yes the N Word.. (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=210577)

La Cosa Nostra 10-04-05 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
That was so pathetic its not even worth a thought up reply.. Just though I'd make a point of that..

I second that..

Blay'all 10-04-05 03:16 AM

how clever of a way to avoid replying to me.......

I swear, you know how to sway shit the way you want to
Make it all twisted, Im gonna start calling you Bill O'Reilly :(

Status 10-04-05 03:23 AM

i dont do that gay shit sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everkleer
let me know when you do

that makes me important to you, right? :hump:

yo i dont do that gay shit, so im not sure about :hump: ...<<so try not to express yourself in a post about me.... :thumbup:

Terumoto 10-04-05 04:10 AM

White people can say the word nigga all they want. Unless they're joking, it will just make them look like a fool. Most white people that seriously use it in their vocab have just heard it in songs and shit and are trying to be "cool."

Blacks can say it if they really want to... But they shouldnt go arguing that it retains the same meaning it used to have. They say it because its been popularized, and its just a slang word now. Its like white people saying "oy, hows it going man?" .. blacks will say "oy, hows it going, nigga?" ... In the end its just a slang word. A meaningless prefix or suffix that has become a habit to say. If blacks argue it still has meaning, they wouldnt be saying it, since its an insult.

and dont rebut with "omg u idiot it has meaning wtf do u even kno hiztory?" .. yeah, it had a meaning, but now it doesnt.

Dabatos 10-04-05 09:39 AM

lol... true.. its jst this person that sed it is so effin annoying ahh.. tryin to be too much gangster lol... but didnt think this would get much replies lol... effin hella surprised me

Tha Q. 10-04-05 11:18 AM

I've always said this, if you're not black, you don't say it.PERIOD.

In corporate situations, people can/have/will lose their jobs for saying anything remotely resembling the word...

Furthermore, if you're non-black and among black people, social etiqutte says that you only use the "N" word when given a pass to do so by the black people you're hanging around.

Tha Q. 10-04-05 11:23 AM

OH...and as for black people who use the "N" word...

there's something called "adopting" words and "empowering" yourself with them...

The word NIQQER has a derogatory history and is disrespectful.PERIOD.

However, the word "BLACk" by definition has a derogatory meaning as well. If someone chooses to "adopt" a word back and then redefine it to empower themselves, then they have the right to do so. But, that's people within that culture, not outside that culture. When I call myself "black", I say it proudly. I am a BLACK man. I have taken the negative definition and redefined Black for me personally. To me, black means strength and beauty and power, when before it was used to convey evil and ugliness.

Niqqer is no different...If someone adopts the word to be a "term of endearment" then they can do so. However, once adopted, a word should not be used in derogatory means. That defeats the purpose.

Compose 10-04-05 11:27 AM

Quote:
People that arnt black who say that only say it cause their insecure about their image and feel they need to employ black vocab in an attempt to fit in with pop culture.

Quote:
Nigga..

hmm..................

Quote:
That was so pathetic its not even worth a thought up reply.. Just though I'd make a point of that..

Translation : Doesnt know what to say.

L. Veracity 10-04-05 11:50 AM

personally I agree with some of what ThaQ said and all of what One Man Band said...

La Cosa Nostra 10-04-05 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
hmm..................

Translation : Doesnt know what to say.

Theres a difference between using it in normal speech and using it as a joke to stir up the pot..

And his post was genuinly pathetic and not worth a thought out argumentitive reply. Tell me why I would argue with a simpleton like that trying to talk down to me with shit I already know..

Compose your a gay cunt.. Face facts and cut the ego thing your trying out these days cause it doesent work for people of your intelligence.

Truth hurts..

Blay'all 10-04-05 12:13 PM

Amen Comp........

L. Veracity 10-04-05 01:13 PM

keep racism and discrimination alive and well and say, FUCK crackers, FUCK niggers, FUCK Spics, FUCK beaners, FUCK Japs, FUCK WASPS, FUCK Jews, FUCK Christians, FUCK Catholics, FUCK Mulsims, FUCK Buddhists(sp)...FUCK everyone!!

Blay'all 10-04-05 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by efecx
its piises me off wen people who saay it like people say it in my skoo n its liek stfu u wudnt even say that around a black dude, youve probly never even met a black dude

but i dont agree wit any sayin it i hav a problrem wit any1 sayin it a balck person uses it but then a white person uses it n they get all offended then they full of fuckin shit cause its shit like that thats keepin racism alive i mean blacks are just as responsible as whites for keepin racism around

^^ is Bill Cosby :cool:

Compose 10-04-05 01:17 PM

Quote:
Theres a difference between using it in normal speech and using it as a joke to stir up the pot..

And his post was genuinly pathetic and not worth a thought out argumentitive reply. Tell me why I would argue with a simpleton like that trying to talk down to me with shit I already know..

Compose your a gay cunt.. Face facts and cut the ego thing your trying out these days cause it doesent work for people of your intelligence.

Truth hurts..

lol...^anybody else notice Nos stays trying to act like hes the smartest on the board and everyone else is dumber then him?

and it dont matter if your joking or not...you still said it, you stay tellin everyone else their not funny...look at yourself, an austraillian saying ni**a isnt funny.

What ego thing? I never said I was better then anyone or smarter, if anything your the one with the ego...cuz i could bring back mad posts where you keep tellin everyone "this board is so dumb, netcees are so gay" etc. bla bla but yet you stay showing your record...you stay doing stupid freeposts.

Newsflash...your only 19, your not smarter then everyone here.