RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   why are people so narrowminded and stuck up on sterotypes????? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=212114)

Nynth Degree 10-21-05 10:55 AM

This reminds me of way back in the day, when kids used to think I was trying to act black just because I rapped. It was really wack because I didn't act any differently around white people than I did around black people. I hung out in the "hoods", still got some good friends out there, but it was always cool because everyone knew I was just being myself. Now there's some white people I know that will get really uneasy in those areas, and actually thouroughly convince themselves that they're gonna get shot. That's just stupid IMO.

Mad Dog 10-21-05 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Man Band
So you say you dress to be yourself.

And to acheive this, you've dressed like a stereotype black person.

So basically you're making a statement saying that you have things in common with or are similar to the stereotype black person. Because of this, a lot of people will see you as wanting to be "black." Thus, you become a wigger.

Truth...sometimes...i wear hoodies trackie bottoms but other times i dress more like a chav wit the football shirt lol...and other times i smarten up...but i know what i am...and i don't have a particular style of clothing...i jus wear whats comfortable for me i wouldnt say i dress constantly like a person who loves hip hop or a rapper i'm pretty much jus an average joe really...

leady 10-21-05 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Degree
This reminds me of way back in the day, when kids used to think I was trying to act black just because I rapped. It was really wack because I didn't act any differently around white people than I did around black people. I hung out in the "hoods", still got some good friends out there, but it was always cool because everyone knew I was just being myself. Now there's some white people I know that will get really uneasy in those areas, and actually thouroughly convince themselves that they're gonna get shot. That's just stupid IMO.

i know what you mean, where i grew up, is rough as fuk, mainly run by yardies, shit is just a mess, cnt describe it... anyway when i moved where i am now which is some what a decent area, still has trouble but nowhere like where i lived, anyways ppl was allways like "oh u wigga" cos of how i dressed n the music i listen to... n then i started gettin "where u grew up isnt rough... u jus tryna be black cos its the image" so when i went to visit my dad i took one of them over.... and walked upto my cousins house for a party... the kid was paranoid all the way there, turned up to the house party full of yardies, n he just started gettin scared.... then a few hours in the night sum1 got shot on the street next to the one we was at, police cars n helicoptors all over.. n dude was starting to literally freak out "omg omg sum1 got shot, omg im dead" kinda shit.

kids like that make me laugh

Spektikul 10-21-05 01:26 PM

I say fuck black and white issues...

...just let everyone do there own thing and except it.

Werd.[/unless your a doo-doo scraper]

COME luva 10-21-05 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektikul
I say fuck black and white issues...

...just let everyone do there own thing and except it.

Werd.[/unless your a doo-doo scraper]

do u mean "EVERYBODY" or just some people?

hmmmmmmmmmmm :huh:

KriZ 10-21-05 06:31 PM

on weekends i usually just go around wearing baggy blue jeans n a white tee. i needa hook me up with some Nike's Lmao.

Blay'all 10-21-05 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Technically... A back man's cloathes would be big thick material robes and turbans.. These days they basically take white man's cloathes and put their own twist on it which some white people decided was a good look too..

Thats how it is... Nobody owns a style of cloathes...
LOL... I guess if you look at it like that black people in suits are 'NHITEAZ'..

wow, and how many times did you call me a wigga b/c of the way I dress?

Zone Out 10-21-05 06:39 PM

yeah Im narrowminded and Im stuck up on stereotypes because I dont like Uk rappers or their accents

KriZ 10-21-05 06:43 PM

^^^Germany n Czeck Republic or w/e it is now got some tight rap as i found on my skool trip there, even tho u cant understand it, it just sounds sick lmao.

La Cosa Nostra 10-21-05 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-NOC
wow, and how many times did you call me a wigga b/c of the way I dress?

OMB was sayin that cause of how you dress..

I said it cause its your personality and those gay expressions you were making with your puffy ass baby face......

Blay'all 10-21-05 06:48 PM

Quote:
OMB was sayin that cause of how you dress..

I said it cause its your personality and those gay expressions you were making with your puffy ass baby face......

uh huuuh, so clothes cant be "black" but facial expressions can?? :bored:

and btw, you dont know my personality

chronix 10-21-05 06:49 PM

Yea...wear w/e you want...but don't go crazy n' start wearing doo rags...then I'd have to call you .... a wigger

La Cosa Nostra 10-21-05 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-NOC
uh huuuh, so clothes cant be "black" but facial expressions can?? :bored:

and btw, you dont know my personality

The way you come off to people and the way your personality actually is are two different things.

You come off as a wigger....

Blay'all 10-21-05 06:52 PM

Quote:
The way you come off to people and the way your personality actually is are two different things.

You come off as a wigger....

haha, to you.... which means nothing

L.E 10-21-05 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Degree

Totally agree with you on this...cause its the same thing with me. All my white friends call me "kracka" and shit...and say that I pretend to be black. Truth is, I don't talk, walk, or even act black at all. Rap is music...OH NO YOUR CHINESE BECAUSE YOU PLAY THE DRUMS!!!

Same shit...different pile.