RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dang Do You All Believe This About Jay-z (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=238278)

xCadaverx 05-07-07 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip
true, he does have a large fan base... and a large portion of that fan base has limewire...

hah. shit. then im starting to believe this.

im starting to feel sorry for him.. :/

ILL GEE 05-25-07 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Sin
Def Jam is fallin off... unless def jam just doesnt like New York based rappers... Fab MEthod Man Red Man.... tha list goes on.... all of them have a or possed to have had a album in tha past 06 or 07 year.... have you heard anything

RedMAn's album dropped... not any real good promotion but i heard that the album was slept on pretty good... same with meth's ... weak promotion... heard his joint was decent too... Fab? haven't really heard shyt from him since Breathe dropped... plus he thinks he's a gangsta now that he's beenshot and taken to jail for it..lol... kids these days.

ILL GEE 05-25-07 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Sin
Def Jam is fallin off... unless def jam just doesnt like New York based rappers... Fab MEthod Man Red Man.... tha list goes on.... all of them have a or possed to have had a album in tha past 06 or 07 year.... have you heard anything

also... I have an inside connect in the NY music scene... They (record execs) straight up told my boy that they will not sign any NY artist that sound like they come from NY... But they will go to the Southern states and find kats that with that NY style of flow... what kinda shyt is that?... signing dudes off they accents?!!! but a NY can go to any of the southern states... get picked up by a small lable down there and then all of a sudden NY wants them... the game is really fugged up right now... for realz!

Abraxas 06-21-07 01:16 PM

Yea who the fuck buys CD nowadays.

LaTiNKiTTeN 07-05-07 07:32 PM

...everything he's made since he came back blows...so i cant see too many ppl rushin to cop that album...thats def something i see him doin just for appearances

big daddy 07-23-07 11:33 PM

if he did. maybe he had a reason for it. maybe he sent them to dipset to give them some inspiration

Grimmy 07-24-07 03:37 PM

His old stuff was cool but hes wack now!

B.M. 07-24-07 05:48 PM

Damn shockin! I dont no if i believe it though tuff call!

xCadaverx 07-25-07 02:45 PM

To be quite honest, and I'm not trying to start shit with Jay dickriders, but the kid isn't even that nice anymore.

Since Change Clothes I don't even know. :/

big daddy 07-29-07 03:20 AM

jay z gets perty boring but at least he puts out decent music with decent lyrics. so its better than most southern rap music

In-Vision 07-30-07 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.G.
also... I have an inside connect in the NY music scene... They (record execs) straight up told my boy that they will not sign any NY artist that sound like they come from NY... But they will go to the Southern states and find kats that with that NY style of flow... what kinda shyt is that?... signing dudes off they accents?!!! but a NY can go to any of the southern states... get picked up by a small lable down there and then all of a sudden NY wants them... the game is really fugged up right now... for realz!

You sir, are full of shit.

Nas is under def-jam now. And jay-z is allowing nas to create his own sub-label within def jam.

If nas isn't a new york artist, that sounds like he's from new york. I don't know who is.

xCadaverx 08-02-07 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Evolution
If nas isn't a new york artist......

Then the sky isn't blue.

I.G., don't make shit up. The reason why New York artists aren't "running the game" like they used to is because they aren't being signed or promoted as much, true, but it's not because everyone is singing New-York-sounding Southern rappers. :/