RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   The Cerebral Approach (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=352)
-   -   How often do you do something for no reason? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=234931)

La Cosa Nostra 09-14-06 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
It makes more sense to me to glaze over meaningless details. Its much better than glazing over the blatantly obvious, or the fine details that actually matter. :)

Aha..

Now you admit you glaze over them, a stipulation of which is that they must exist. And if they exist, then whether you believe they are of importance or not is irrelevant to the fact that they do have a point.

So wow.. Should I link you to that can you admit your wrong thread again or what...

Terumoto 09-14-06 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Aha..

Now you admit you glaze over them, a stipulation of which is that they must exist. And if they exist, then whether you believe they are of importance or not is irrelevant to the fact that they do have a point.

So wow.. Should I link you to that can you admit your wrong thread again or what...

What has a point? Like I said, those things you posted even if they are true, which isnt likely, dont have anything to do with whether something has a point or not.

Its like someone saying to a murderer, why did you kill that guy? And he goes "Well the neurological signals in my brain formed in such a way that it sent impulses through my nervous system causing the muscle fibres in my bicep brachii, tricep, trapezoid and latissimus dorsi to contract in such a way that my right arm moved towards him whilst holding a knife and pentrated his chest."

Its like whoa, stfu.

Terumoto 09-14-06 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
ok ok fair enough eventually you'll forget about this thread but you'll continue to ask yourself why you do pointless shit and all that...and you'll probably find that being the reason why you do "things for no reason" and thats to find a reason why when in fact you never even had to search for a reason...becasue wondering about it was always the reason why you did pointless things

Nope, I dont wonder why.

La Cosa Nostra 09-14-06 11:48 AM

Quote:
What has a point? Like I said, those things you posted even if they are true, which isnt likely, dont have anything to do with whether something has a point or not.

Its like someone saying to a murderer, why did you kill that guy? And he goes "Well the neurological signals in my brain formed in such a way that it sent impulses through my nervous system causing the muscle fibres in my bicep brachii, tricep, trapezoid and latissimus dorsi to contract in such a way that my right arm moved towards him whilst holding a knife and pentrated his chest."

Its like whoa, stfu.

Sure..

But murderers are usually judged by their motives on a further out level than that. Because killers usually have a higher point in doing what they do.

However because you dont feel like going into that much detail, but still admit it exists... Your basically agreeing with me anyway...

If the detail exists, it proves me right.. Whether you choose to glaze over it or not.

TROUBLESOMEā„¢ 09-14-06 11:58 AM

i do pointless shit daily.....................................

**eatz box of milk duds**

-TeamOne- 09-14-06 11:59 AM

like nos says, eveything you do has a point

TROUBLESOMEā„¢ 09-14-06 11:59 AM

even eating milkduds....@11 in tha morning?

-TeamOne- 09-14-06 12:01 PM

yes, even eating milkduds at 11 in the morning

Dickard. 09-14-06 04:27 PM

i think everything you do serves a purpose.

As for spinning around in your office chair...it does serve a meaning..though that meaning is certainly unimportant it is serving a purpose....you must be feeling bored or in need of a thrill so you twirl in your chair...basically saying the meaning of spinning in your chair is to end boredom or thrill you wen your feeling dull.

saying everything has a meaning.

Crazy Hades 09-14-06 05:11 PM

I sometimes walk up to a friend and randomly engage him/her in a conversation to makes no sense. For instance, without thinking about it, I'll say: "Hello, turtlebunny" to which he responds "Garmblg". I then, without thinking of what he said, will respond with "Lick these milkshakes", or something along those lines.

Terumoto 09-14-06 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Sure..

But murderers are usually judged by their motives on a further out level than that. Because killers usually have a higher point in doing what they do.

However because you dont feel like going into that much detail, but still admit it exists... Your basically agreeing with me anyway...

If the detail exists, it proves me right.. Whether you choose to glaze over it or not.

Well of course they do. But theyre killing, im doing pointless things.

I know that there is no reason behind me doing them. The reason I walk is not because "Signals were sent through my nervous system into the muscles in my leg which caused them to contract in such a way that I moved around." Thats just meaningless babble. What I did was still pointless.

The fact that those details exist prove nothing.

All of you guys have a main argument that says "Well, if you spin around on your office chair or walk, even though doing that is completely and utterly pointless (by definition of the word pointless). It is unconctructive, meaningless, illogical, but you still do it for a reason."

What reason? And no, it isnt boredom. I dont do these things because I have nothing else to do. I have plenty to do.

La Cosa Nostra 09-14-06 09:11 PM

Quote:
Well of course they do. But theyre killing, im doing pointless things.

I know that there is no reason behind me doing them. The reason I walk is not because "Signals were sent through my nervous system into the muscles in my leg which caused them to contract in such a way that I moved around." Thats just meaningless babble. What I did was still pointless.

The fact that those details exist prove nothing.

All of you guys have a main argument that says "Well, if you spin around on your office chair or walk, even though doing that is completely and utterly pointless (by definition of the word pointless). It is unconctructive, meaningless, illogical, but you still do it for a reason."

What reason? And no, it isnt boredom. I dont do these things because I have nothing else to do. I have plenty to do.

Ok man..

Whatever you say...

Even though there is a valid cause for doing what you did... You can pretend its compleatly pointless....

Terumoto 09-14-06 09:13 PM

I was never arguing that it had a cause... Dont try and subtly change your argument.

Please, tell me the point of what I did, not that it had a cause.

Crazy Hades 09-14-06 09:14 PM

You're taking pointlessness at face value. He's saying that he does stuff that doesn't benefit him, without really thinking about it. Even if there are underlying reasons, it still doesn't really assist him if he spins in his chair or bounces the ball against the wall.

La Cosa Nostra 09-14-06 09:20 PM

Quote:
I was never arguing that it had a cause... Dont try and subtly change your argument.

Please, tell me the point of what I did, not that it had a cause.

The point is that these things are often natural reactions that your brain makes you do during a point in time where you can do these things..

If you look at it scientifically, you cant just glaze over the fact that no matter how infinitly small a cause may be, if it does exist, its worth mention. The very point of it all is that these events do exist, and they have a direct cause. If they were truely random, they would have no cause.

And pointless, ultimatly means random.