RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Sampson co1u Review (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=220752)

Zone Out 01-29-06 01:52 PM

oh
so I guess everyone on the site is wrong and you're right leady?
Everybody on the site starts beef and you just mind your business not botherin nobody at all
right!?

G Deuce 01-29-06 02:39 PM

From experience, i've found it a better learning situation to have a horrible mic and having to work around its regular fuctions to get better quality. I used to record on a regular stick mic not even a year ago, and what i've learned from using it, has helped me better understand the mic that i have right now. I dont even have a consenser mic, but i can still get really good quality out of it. Expecially if you can work Cool Edit and Acid in unison with each other.

BigTony.Self 01-29-06 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G:Deuce
From experience, i've found it a better learning situation to have a horrible mic and having to work around its regular fuctions to get better quality. I used to record on a regular stick mic not even a year ago, and what i've learned from using it, has helped me better understand the mic that i have right now. I dont even have a consenser mic, but i can still get really good quality out of it. Expecially if you can work Cool Edit and Acid in unison with each other.

well said!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

TitoBronsky 01-29-06 03:58 PM

im ording that this Friday, along wit a stand and a Pop Filter....

all in all 150 when its said and done.... but.... my old set up died... and wit the promotion sweetwater is runinng right now wit no shipping.... you realy cant beat the upgrade on the home studio... you know???

good lookin out on postin the info...

cant wait to break in my new Mic on a OYD collabo!!!!!!!

HOLLA

BigTony.Self 01-29-06 03:59 PM

bout damn time skillet we need some new shit to get poppin LONG OVER DUE

leady 01-29-06 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will S.Unyu
oh
so I guess everyone on the site is wrong and you're right leady?
Everybody on the site starts beef and you just mind your business not botherin nobody at all
right!?

i never once said im allways right.

what does that have to do with talking shit????

what does me going into a discussion, dropping my opinion,or shit i KNOW and have learned over time have to do with u talkin shit to me everytime i make a post????

BigTony.Self 01-29-06 05:53 PM

if there was a poll for person who talks out they ass sideways it you leady u cant just say yea its cool or yea i like it u always like it sucks theres better..... well no shit no one denies that a rode mic is ill or whatnot but that samson mic is incredibly innovative specially to cats with a STICK MIC!!!!!

leady 01-29-06 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony.Self
if there was a poll for person who talks out they ass sideways it you leady u cant just say yea its cool or yea i like it u always like it sucks theres better..... well no shit no one denies that a rode mic is ill or whatnot but that samson mic is incredibly innovative specially to cats with a STICK MIC!!!!!

i said its an average mic.... ive read its stats and they are decent, but not amasing, seriously just chill yourself.

i dropped my opinion based on my KNOWLEDGE of mics, stuff ive learned from sound engineers n shit.

and there are loads of better mics than this one, obviously. so that statement is bullshit seeing as what im stating is fact.

all my opinions on most things are based on shit that ive learned from people that deal with stuff related to the discussion on a day to day basis, or shit ive read up on.

Ca'lam 01-31-06 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leady
the mic is average... its nothing better than ur run of the mill low budget condensor mic.... i cant be fucked dropping the facts cos alot of it most of u wouldnt understand, but ur best mics are ur rhode top end mics(£500... thats about $800+ US)

ROFL.. no there not.. the best mics are by FAR tope end Neuman and AKG's

shure the Shure sm32, which is 500, (the mic DZK uses) would shit on a rhode pretty much

GeDa Beast 01-31-06 02:04 AM

they bullshitted me
i should get it tomorrow

leady 01-31-06 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca'lam
ROFL.. no there not.. the best mics are by FAR tope end Neuman and AKG's

shure the Shure sm32, which is 500, (the mic DZK uses) would shit on a rhode pretty much

AKG thats the one, my bad, my mate been talkin bout his rhode nt1 so god damn much lately its about the only thing i can think of... yeah shure also do good mics, mainly good for performing with though.

alot of places ive been to use the shure sm58 cordless

Tha Q. 01-31-06 02:34 PM

I hope people aren't arguing over mics in this thread. It's simple. There's a certain threshold you cross between terrible quality and good quality. A mic's limitations dictate what your recordings will sound like. You could literally spend 1000 on a mic that will give you what you paid for. On the other hand, you can spend 100 dollars for a well-engineered mic that uses saavy technology to give you GOOD quality for the price.

Get what works best for you. I happen to love this mic though. I will probably upgrade soon simply because I don't like seeing my preamps go to waste.