RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   man eating shark... (this is pretty cool and fucked up) (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=251122)

SUPERVILLAIN 10-09-09 06:13 AM

onto page 4 we go.

marvelous...just marvelous.

s.v.

King Solo 10-17-09 04:16 PM

You know you're cool when you start debating the various meanings of selective grammar on a rap site.

WhoAmI 10-18-09 05:50 PM

meh fuck it is what it is...and plus the same could be said about someone rocking kung fu panda and regarding paedo jokes as classic lol

King Solo 10-18-09 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark
meh fuck it is what it is...and plus the same could be said about someone rocking kung fu panda and regarding paedo jokes as classic lol

How so?

Kung Fu Panda is a dope movie, loved by people of all ages. And as far as the pedo joke goes, it's not the joke I find classic as much as it is the person who made it. Saying something like that is just classic Colby, and the fact that he doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks about him when he makes those jokes is just funny shit.

But people can go ahead and try to turn that against me. I love the attention I get when I make just a single post on this site.

ichaboy 11-03-09 08:56 AM

"Purple people eater"

omg, this is evidence that purple people once existed!

look to the ancients for evidence, now! SPend bILLIONS!

ichaboy 11-03-09 09:00 AM

"Basket ball player"

omg it's like a rubiks cube of language, the possibilities are just endless

EVERYTHING IS JUST TOO AMBIGUOUS!

ichaboy 11-03-09 09:01 AM

I'm upping this.

oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i see heaven

JTR 11-03-09 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichaboy
"Basket ball player"

omg it's like a rubiks cube of language, the possibilities are just endless

EVERYTHING IS JUST TOO AMBIGUOUS!

"A man-eating shark" is a shark that eats men.

"A man, eating shark." is a man that eats a shark.

Are you too fucking stupid to realise this?

It has double meaning unless you punctuate it correctly.

Nice try to seem clever bitch face

ichaboy 11-03-09 09:49 AM

Basketball Player and basket ball player is also ambiguous unless you punctuate it correctly.

you can be a person who plays basketball or you can be an insane ball player (LIKE A BASKET-CASE. OMG, BASKETCASE LOL) or you can be a basket who plays ball or you can imagine that either only the word basket, or only the word ball exists, before player, and you can be a basket player or a ball player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

its all about the punctuation aint it ???????///////////////

ichaboy 11-03-09 09:51 AM

but in all honesty, I'm just a ball playing basket here. Sorry for the invoncenienve.

JTR 11-03-09 10:05 AM

there's no such thing as playing basket unless you want to imply that there is which is fantasy and in that case, you'd be right, and there could be a ball playing basket. Playing basket would be whatever your imagination states that to be I guess =/

If you say "I saw a dog-eating chicken" then you're implying you saw a chicken that can eat a dog unless you say "I saw a dog eating chicken" which you're then implying you saw a dog which was eating chicken.

It's all in the grammar man.

So if you said "I saw a ball playing basket" the you're implying you saw a ball playing basket, whatever you want playing basket to mean.

If you say "I saw a ball-playing basket" then you're implying you saw a basket which can play ball.

If you're writing a story about a magic basket that has the ability to play a game called "ball" in a fantasy world, that would be plausible and make perfect sense.

You dig me?

ichaboy 11-03-09 10:24 AM

And to some places of the world that are no where near the ocean, and especially societies secluded from places with sharks, the thought of a man eating a shark is fantasy.

JTR 11-03-09 10:33 AM

Agreed. In that case they wouldn't have the knowledge available to write "man eating shark" or "man-eating shark" lol.