RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bootlegging Is Ruining The Music Industry (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=109997)

Emotion 01-29-04 01:12 AM

Any1 that desnt like bootlegging is a fuckhead....

How are we supposed to buy albums that cd stores dont sel, we have to bootlegg

U r a fucken imbocile

Artists loose like a dollar fifty and i for sure cant afford 30 dollars an album which is hwat they charge in australia

...OpeY... 01-30-04 02:39 AM

^actually as i said atleast twice they lose about 3 cents

Orpheus Rex 01-30-04 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...OpeY...
artists make about 3 cents per cd sale. Even if the sell 2 million CDs in a year they only make about $60,000 a year. Then take out legal fees, taxes, other business expenses, etc. And the artist is left with pocket change. Point being... artists make nothing from CD sales. They make their money from concerts, merchandise, and publishing. The only ones that benefit from cd sales are the greedy music labels who rip off the artists to get rich. You should try educating yourself before preaching to the masses

Yea...Didn't Any Of You Fools Watch MTV's Ultrasound: Hip-Hop Dollars...?

Dame Dash Broke Down How Artists Make Their Money...

M.C. Shadow 13 01-30-04 01:48 PM

yo man jay-z makes 400 mil a year and lots of people download his shit

Gunna XL 01-30-04 02:04 PM

jay-z dosen't make 400 mill a year.....he's only worth 200 million but maybe his companies are worth 400 mill but he will never see that money.................bootlegging is a good thing...............i'm sick of rich ppl complaining about how there getting ripped off..............well fuckin tuff and kazaa found away around napsters mistakes............kazaa gives you the equipment but then the disclaimer says thats it the rest is up to you and they have no controll with what u do with that equipment napster gave u the equipment told u how to do it and aided in it...........also i'd rather buy a cd for 5 bucks then 15 bucks.................you know raps main audience should be the ghetto and ppl in the ghetto can't afford 15 bucks...........

KaaS 01-30-04 02:21 PM

i only download a few tracks to sample a perticular artists music and then ill go out and buy their album if im impressed with their shit

Sublime D 01-30-04 04:40 PM

you wanna talk abotu somethin...talk abotu hwo much money music artists do make..maybe they shoudln't even be so rich...someone xcan rap so he makes 20 million dollars...that's why i like 50..he realizies the ludicrosity of the industry..he's just makin money..pimpin the game and you cant really hate anybody for that but still..its idiocy..Just another perpetuation of the doctrine of social darwinism

DNUFO2 01-31-04 04:38 PM

hey bootlegging is great if you are not in the music business. Hell, I love it, but it knocked both my parents out of jobs with their respected record labels. Well, they both quit but, less money is a reason.

Timeless 02-03-04 10:14 AM

bootlegginin so much better i mean fuck people like eminem,nas,jay-z,dmx,etc....like i give a fuck about buyin your cd and givin you another mill, real music is on the net, like soundclick. I'M SICK OF RAPPERS COMPLAININ BOUT BOOTLEGGIN. fuck you. go like in africa with no food you cryin bunch of money grabbin punks. dont get me wrong i respect them for the music, but just fuck their money,SELL OUTZ.

Harlem's Finest 02-03-04 10:17 AM

I just got broadband today... finally fast d/l's..

Despite the thread, as many others, I'm on my way to getting a very large cd collection.. Dope..

SWINGAWAY 02-03-04 12:13 PM

tHERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BOOTLEGGING AT ALLL UNLESS U GET COUGHT DOIU IT