RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   future of rapverse (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=250207)

La Cosa Nostra 04-19-09 03:06 PM

future of rapverse

ok so i had a bit of an epiphany...

what ive been attempting to do latly is promote the talent that this site has musiclly and get it right more out there in the open with projects like the rapverse finest section smack bang in the most active part of the site.

personally i think text is sort of done for... the whole 8 mile craze where a bunch of herb mother fuckers decided theyd give rap battling a go but didnt have any sort of vocal or musical talent is running thin.

what we have here i believe is a basis of talent where we should be utalising this webspace to promote the culture of hip hop for the new generation and advertise artists to a more fuller extent..

the site already has its regular members, veteran battlers, music artists and keen hip hop heads so possibly it could be time for an entire revamp of the website not only to attract new active members from all creeds of the hip hop genre but to also set it aside from your more traditional antiquated text battling arena forum, this will set our site aside from the run of the mill.

im just throwing out ideas here i havnt even began to speak with strobe about this... but i can envision for starters a name change of the website which i think in itself will draw attention, have some new graphics made up that are a bit more hip.. then to compress the main forum page into simple direct catagorys so there will be more internal subforums and less clutter.

and i think the website should take on more of a music business networking stance with battles ofcourse, but ill get to that.

See the way i would like the site laid out would be more like this:

front page would have a section called "General Chat which essentually would inside the general chat section house subforums for news and annoncements, emcee introductions, album reviews, member photos, the museum, aswell as cerebral apprach, and rapverse finest. then ofcourse would be the threads for the general chat main section (noticibly ridding the site of hip hop talk and infusing general chat on a hip hop website to become both of these forums in one.

Then i think there should be a section called "Fresh from the lab which on the main page would drop down to reveal "Song releases" "Lyrical domain" "Visual Art" and "Production".. In song releases, the subforums would ofcourse be audio assistance and possibly a working up to date hall of fame for the best song releases releasing an annual mixtape even if its just via soundclick or whatever. Lyrical Domain would have subforums like the cypher forum and rhetorical insights then ofcourse the 'Visual art' would be for people to drop all mannor of graphic work and would house a subforum for people to advertise themselves as graphic designers with price lists and contact details and what not and ofcourse production would house the turntableism forum and be more of an easily accessable hot spot for all new beats.

then ofcourse we would have "The Cage" .. where top would be "Audio Battling *where we should promote as house rules more acapella 45 second quick rounds cause their nice and easy.. then there would be "Text Battling" as per normal and ofcourse active leagues and tournaments should be displayed neatly under that.

and the final section would be called "Administration" which i think could probably just stay the same..

ive got bucket loads of ideas of things we can do to get this site really kicking off..

this is simply some innitial consolidation of forums to make the place a load more user friendly and simplified. The site name change if it happens I think would really be a bit of a boost to the whole scenario seeing as RapVerse is such an amature sounding website name.. well have to talk about that one... theres a lot of factors in play and the name would really have to be something straight to the point and easy to remember.

once the site is a heap more schmick and looking shit hot i think attracting new members here aswell as doing more for the people who actually do spend time posting at this website..

whats everyones thoughts?

J. Luth 04-19-09 03:45 PM

I like it. Definitely agree on the name change. Kind of tired, so can't give you more feedback. But after reading through, everything seems nice. Good shit. Def hit up strobe

WhoAmI 04-19-09 05:30 PM

sounds live for real, hope strobe is feeling the idea too

one way 04-19-09 07:57 PM

yea sounds pretty dope, I'm feeling it.

King Solo 04-19-09 09:07 PM

this sounds really good, and this site has been in dire need of an overhaul for a long time.. props on putting the effort in to actually generate a decent idea and put it forward. I think strobe would get on this pretty easy coz its a good idea and in the past he's generally been open to good ideas. plus, if it means amping up the activity for his site then he's gotta go for it. good shit.

La Cosa Nostra 04-19-09 10:38 PM

well im going to do a bit of ground work..............

what i need is to have as much support as possible from everyone here.. times are changing, members are getting older.. i think its time the site evolved along with all of us who use it...

im gonna brainstorm tonight for new name ideas when im a bit more relaxed.. and possibly ill take a little bit more of a role in running the website as a supermod and try to increase my powers a little so i can do more for everyone.. ill try and sort out some advertising aswell from sites that get a shitload of traffic... and ill make sure all those chart sites are up to date with our new site name n steezo..

DiePod 04-20-09 03:24 PM

Im pushin to buy this thing an give it a complete face lift

Cola 04-20-09 09:05 PM

i vote DiePod buy it

than it can be filled with midgets and horses!!!

DiePod 04-20-09 09:15 PM

there would be one less average text head. thats for sure

Cola 04-20-09 09:40 PM

rofl

that'd be dope

King Solo 04-20-09 10:36 PM

I vote for DiePod to buy it, and then we all leave.

50Cal. 04-20-09 10:56 PM

agree............................................. ..................................................

DiePod 04-20-09 10:56 PM

I'd let you stay. but your records would be reset.

King Solo 04-20-09 11:01 PM

sorry cali, I was only kidding

hop on someone else's bandwagon

J. Luth 04-20-09 11:20 PM

Diepod ain't cali lol. It's jet

King Solo 04-20-09 11:34 PM

I was talking to CALI, idiot.

He said

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.L.I.
agree............................................. .................................................. .......

J. Luth 04-21-09 12:15 AM

LOL @ me thinking that was Nos

DiePod 04-21-09 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Luth
Diepod ain't cali lol. It's jet

yeh...that other dude everyone hates lmao

La Cosa Nostra 04-21-09 08:20 AM

alirght well ill forward this thread to strobe and hopefully hell respond..

if everyone shows support for the idea then we should be all go...

Ltizzle 04-22-09 01:27 AM

Sounds like a pretty good plan. Not like this site has anything to lose in terms of activity/members, might as well give it a go....

La Cosa Nostra 04-22-09 09:20 AM

well ultimatly this is a positive step towards making the site a whole lot more user friendly and less cluttered..the less amount of sections on the main page the easier it will be for people to find exactly what they want plus with some new default graphics i think this site could really turn into something way more than just a chat board..

im willing to take a bit of time to grow this website... all i need is peoples trust and support..

K.ontroverz.Y 04-22-09 09:23 AM

this site has talent? who is on here that i know anymore?

DiePod 04-22-09 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.ontroverz.Y

The only people on any more are Jet/Spul/Nos/and that kid that everyone hates Cali.

Rest are fools

well....cali's a fool....but thats understood.....like gravity

WhoAmI 04-22-09 12:26 PM

rest are fools? lol good thing you're not relevant enough for me to take that to heart lol

Phenom-in-all 04-22-09 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.ontroverz.Y

i still check the site pretty often. whatuup.

DiePod 04-22-09 08:42 PM

^ I got that M-Audio Pre-Amp........and Dark.....Battle me or save it.....the call-outs been sittin there for about a month now....

WhoAmI 04-22-09 09:03 PM

a month? lol either you forgot to mention it or you're full of shit

save it or battle? lol you ain't giving nobody an ultimatum so keep yourself quiet...

.Eternal. 04-22-09 09:52 PM

lol. rapverse has no future

DiePod 04-22-09 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark
a month? lol either you forgot to mention it or you're full of shit

save it or battle? lol you ain't giving nobody an ultimatum so keep yourself quiet...

the feeling is mutual....like you...I feel you have no purpose here so no.....the call out wasn't for you, but it was to open to anyone.....

Your on a battle site and you dont check call-outs? Its the only one!

so...if you wanna act like your better.....prove your better....

La Cosa Nostra 04-22-09 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Eternal.
lol. rapverse has no future

might not be 'rapverse' for much longer...

lets start brainstorming for cool names... nothing cliche, something thats straight to the point.........sites like 'rapmusic' and 'rapbattles' work well because these are the type of search queries that people type in when their looking for this type of thing.

how about www.rapbattling.com < its names like that that will draw the search engine crowd looking for sites to battle on..

DiePod 04-23-09 12:00 AM

Wake up. This site could be named anything you want. Its the content. RB is made up of people who collab make music and try to make cool songs. This site is made up of people who want to make a witty response to the post above them in hope of lookin cool or gaining respect from people who have none from anyone else.

La Cosa Nostra 04-23-09 12:54 AM

this site is full of rappers making music... which is why i want to simplify it and gear it more towards its strengths, change its name to something more searchable and give it a facelift with better graphics...

in reality im trying to make this site more of a hip hop promotional website, probably on the front page well have album, EP and mixtape releases have a gig guide where members can put up up comming gigs aswell as using the forum to negotiate collabs...

if we can appeal to artists managers or PR to post here and up the traffic and implement a bunch of new options like band blogs and all sorts of shit we could probably use the existing community to help advertise on a ground up level by getting their connections into the site once its a lot more of a professional source for local gigs and releases and band news aswell as your regular abilities to battle and show off your work and talk as much shit as you like...

change is always good man... otherwise this site will just stay stagnant as a remniscant shit hole of an antiquated culture of internet battling...

gotta move forward..

Cola 04-23-09 12:57 AM

i say we make it

Textbattleswithnovotes.com

04-23-09 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiePod
Wake up. This site could be named anything you want. Its the content. RB is made up of people who collab make music and try to make cool songs. This site is made up of people who want to make a witty response to the post above them in hope of lookin cool or gaining respect from people who have none from anyone else.

La Cosa Nostra 04-23-09 01:01 AM

coke dealer

good job at proving carsons negativity towards the intelligence of your general rapverse member...

do you practice blaitantly stupid irony like that infront of the mirror or does it just come naturally? your not a rapper either way so this thread doesent really concearn you.. the general chat will still be here...

Cola 04-23-09 01:27 AM

are you a pill poppin dumb fuck

i was being sarcastic, i know its something that passes by the mind of a dumb pill fiend, but hey i was hoping it would hit you

La Cosa Nostra 04-23-09 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiePod
This site is made up of people who want to make a witty response to the post above them in hope of lookin cool or gaining respect from people who have none from anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coke Dealer
i say we make it

Textbattleswithnovotes.com

no shit it was a joke.. bad timing..

im not even going to lower myself by calling you a dumb fuck i think you pretty much make that clear to everyone on a regular basis..

DiePod 04-23-09 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baphomet
this site is full of rappers making music... which is why i want to simplify it and gear it more towards its strengths, change its name to something more searchable and give it a facelift with better graphics...

in reality im trying to make this site more of a hip hop promotional website, probably on the front page well have album, EP and mixtape releases have a gig guide where members can put up up comming gigs aswell as using the forum to negotiate collabs...

if we can appeal to artists managers or PR to post here and up the traffic and implement a bunch of new options like band blogs and all sorts of shit we could probably use the existing community to help advertise on a ground up level by getting their connections into the site once its a lot more of a professional source for local gigs and releases and band news aswell as your regular abilities to battle and show off your work and talk as much shit as you like...

change is always good man... otherwise this site will just stay stagnant as a remniscant shit hole of an antiquated culture of internet battling...

gotta move forward..

web of lies.....

this site has about 15 active member's. 10 of which dont battle anymore and 5 newbs tryna make the other 10 like em. don't you see whats right infront of you? wake up.

La Cosa Nostra 04-23-09 11:30 AM

pessimist...

im talking forward thinking your smearing the change with negativity based with what intention in mind?

are you hoping that everything stays exactly the same and the site slowly dies out? i mean really why push down ideas for betterment? thats something i would expect from that coke dealer bullshit artist never grew up mother fucker.

how about you wake up to the realisation that all im trying to do is improve on what we have.. you spin all this shit about how we only have 15 active members, what are you doing towards improving this? the same guy who pulled the comment out of his ass last week about having intentions to buy rapverse.

DiePod 04-23-09 12:11 PM

Why dont you read a couple pages back before you think I just want this site to be dead.