RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Battle Records or Not ? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=108573)

Feeble Minded 01-20-04 08:13 PM

Battle Records or Not ?

( something to this affect has been brought up before )
do you think: that Rb should get rid of the battle records? or keep them?
i will update the positives and negatives see what we come up with.

Positives of having recs:

1. Keep, they attract new members.

2. newbs like them and thats what basically keeps the site active

3. They reflect Experience

Negatives of having recs:

1. people are scared to battle better people because they dont wanna mess up their record

2. we should get rid of records and posts counts. so newbies have nothing to dick ride.

3. about it attracting newbies we dont need any new memebers this board already has to much people. thats why everthing gets slept on.

4. ..it just gives d/rides everywhere...if this shit keeps up this site might go down someday cuz of all this

The End 01-20-04 08:14 PM

Keep them, as they attract new members.

Wise Ways 01-20-04 08:15 PM

Keep em....

Cuz I like mine...lol

Feeble Minded 01-20-04 08:16 PM

Negative: Most new members aren't really skilled. "Vets" aren't necessarily attracted to records, at least any of them i have talked to.

- agreed or no ?

Mac Dre 01-20-04 08:23 PM

agreed but vets from other sites like it..

an newbs ..well sum like it..sum dont care..an cuz there wak there battle rec is 0-20 or sumthin an so i doubt they care

Wise Ways 01-20-04 08:24 PM

I don't think they reflect skill...
They reflect Experience...
And if there was no recs
than there'd be "newbies"
getting ripped left and right by "vets"
It kinda gives Noobs tha heads up

Keep Them :thumbup:

8-off 01-20-04 08:33 PM

pro:newbs like them and thats what basically keeps the site active and they battle mroe to keep it clean

con:people are sometimes scared to battle better people because they dont wanna mess up their record

but it doesnt matter to me because i dont battle anymore

TheProphet777 01-20-04 08:33 PM

i think there should be a new battle record..something that deals with people u have to face to face others....i mean if you have 0-0 wins u face people wit 0-0 wins only! it wont let u face higher....and if you have lots of loses..u can only face those with lots of loses...would be fair...and for those that have only wins..should only face those with only wins...it be a great set up ...u know...make shit even and probably would get rid of most of the d/r and hate votes going on..cuz the votes only can be done by the newbs for newbs...and the vets for vets...vets can comment on the newbs though...should be like that

Mac Dre 01-20-04 08:38 PM

^^ naw then battles will slow down...but i dont no.. i say there shud be a way u can add wins an losses automatticly on ya record..if sumthin doest go rite or u switch ya name or get banned for nuthin an u wanted ya post tranfered..

but KEEP THE RECORD System

C-Section 01-20-04 08:38 PM

we should get rid of records and posts counts. so newbies have nothing to dick ride.

about it attracting newbies we dont need any new memebers this board already has to much people. thats why everthing gets slept on

KoNcEpT 01-20-04 08:41 PM

Take It Away.

Reason - Causes Dr's

X Ecution 01-20-04 08:43 PM

^ agreed....but even if u get rid of the battle recs...losers n newbs will put it into their sigs n dick ride off that...its kinda a no win situation.....unless u put like a " if u put ur rec into ur sig ur banned" or sumthin.....1

(my 2 cents)

TheProphet777 01-20-04 08:44 PM

i change my mind........take the damn shit off im tired of it anyhow...people boast about it....i think u should only have records for audio...cuz audio is something u actually can judge u know.........thats about the only thing i think should have wins...and if not...ban the fucking record shit....take it off..it just gives d/rides everywhere...if this shit keeps up this site might go down someday cuz of all this

Feeble Minded 01-20-04 08:44 PM

I think we should take it away also. Experience can mean very little or nothing, all depends on how fast you elevate. Also the site has enough members. We need better members, and those members usually don't like battle records.

Feeble Minded 01-20-04 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Ecution
^ agreed....but even if u get rid of the battle recs...losers n newbs will put it into their sigs n dick ride off that...its kinda a no win situation.....unless u put like a " if u put ur rec into ur sig ur banned" or sumthin.....1

(my 2 cents)

do you go to other sites? I do, and anywhere else i dont see people boastin their record. sure, a few, but not many. . not like its a big thing. why would it be here?

TheProphet777 01-20-04 08:47 PM

^exacatly i think u should post a new thread with a poll also about this shit.....the more votes on which goes....so if everyone votes negative...BYE BYE RECORDS HELLO NEW RB...and if not HELLO MORE D/Riding and BYe to all the good vets....remake a thread feeble with a poll...be more interesting on what people vote...2 options be best.

deacon 01-20-04 08:49 PM

keep records...it shows what you have achieved....Gives alot more to accomplish in the vein of goals and what not...

KEEP

-1-

C-Section 01-20-04 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon
keep records...it shows what you have achieved....Gives alot more to accomplish in the vein of goals and what not...

KEEP

-1-

or they could have beat 100 newbies with no skills. records dont mean shit, thats why i battled my self to make me 2-2 when im really 1-1 (on this name)

Feeble Minded 01-20-04 08:51 PM

what does it show you have achieved ?
and what goals, other than pumping your record higher?

Derive 01-20-04 08:51 PM

Keep the records, if not, then whats the point on battling?, besides, it attracts new members and its very unique, since this is the only site with this battle system

TheProphet777 01-20-04 08:52 PM

^so people can talk mad shit about what not...........honestly text is not that great of a deal...it will always be bitten...so just take the shit off...earn ur records by audio or real life...thats the real catch...not some computer nerd that sits at his comp all fucking day to come up wit a good battle verse...bla just doesnt seem right

Derive 01-20-04 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProphet777
^so people can talk mad shit about what not...........honestly text is not that great of a deal...it will always be bitten...so just take the shit off...earn ur records by audio or real life...thats the real catch...not some computer nerd that sits at his comp all fucking day to come up wit a good battle verse...bla just doesnt seem right

If you think that then your at the wrong site...

High Class 01-20-04 08:54 PM

Old thread, been repeated so many times...
But I think this one has a reason that no one knows about...
So...

I sa keep it, kinda singles this site out in the croud of others.

TheProphet777 01-20-04 08:54 PM

^so ur saying ur one of the nerds that weres glasses and writes about battles against new peole when they come along eh...Im saying its stupid to have records...starts a lot of bullshit and freeposting u know! the freeposting will be the arguments

C-Section 01-20-04 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derive
Keep the records, if not, then whats the point on battling?,

so you could beat someone your beefing with.

thats the only reason i battle. i only have 7 battles since the records started at RB, and all of them were people i didnt like at the time, and i beat all of them but 13th desciple.

SO WESTSIDE! fuck a record and a post count

TheProphet777 01-20-04 08:57 PM

Yeah beefing will make freeposting high on this site...mad talking shit....destryoing peoples threads...just bullshit over some mesely record...take it off

Derive 01-20-04 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProphet777
^so ur saying ur one of the nerds that weres glasses and writes about battles against new peole when they come along eh...Im saying its stupid to have records...starts a lot of bullshit and freeposting u know! the freeposting will be the arguments

Now, listen and read what the fuck your saying before fucking speaking because like i fucking said...."if you think that then you're at the wrong site"....wtf doest text battling have to do with nerdy kids with glasses?...this is a battle site and if you think that only 'nerds' do this, then you my friend have entered into the wrong web address.

Trapt Wit 01-20-04 08:58 PM

Fuck records...
They mean nothing.

I'm 116-9 on RB, yet it means next to nothing

KoNcEpT 01-20-04 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myk
so you could beat someone your beefing with.

thats the only reason i battle. i only have 7 battles since the records started at RB, and all of them were people i didnt like at the time, and i beat all of them but 13th desciple.

SO WESTSIDE! fuck a record and a post count

Nah c-Section Handled You C-Section :rolleyes:

Feeble Minded 01-20-04 09:00 PM

word.. everyone go to the thread with the poll....continue there...

Derive 01-20-04 09:01 PM

I'd like to know what the fuck the point on these type of threads are....

TheProphet777 01-20-04 09:01 PM

hell i they should add video batles to this site........lol joking............messing wit u chrit...

Take the damn thing off.........even chrit doesnt care about record..meaning this shit is not a bothersome thing.

Derive 01-20-04 09:02 PM

Like i said, who the fuck are you trying to tell to take this shit off?....talk to Brandon or Bruk...besides they paid for this battle system....well atleast alldig did, so it would be a waste of money to remove it.

KoNcEpT 01-20-04 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derive
Like i said, who the fuck are you trying to tell to take this shit off?....talk to Brandon or Bruk...besides they paid for this battle system....well atleast alldig did, so it would be a waste of money to remove it.

Shut Up, Why Would We Bitch To Them.
They Can't Speak For Us.

IceMan187 01-20-04 09:05 PM

you have to keep it, it proves your accomplishments, and seperates you from everyone else besides your ip address, it states indivuadiltty, and it allows better battles to happen, and if it is removed there will be alot of unfair and unentertaing battles, for instance a guy could have 100 post but never battled once and could get completely killed but since he doenst have a record no one knows and things like that

isay keep it

C-Section 01-20-04 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoNcEpT
Nah c-Section Handled You C-Section :rolleyes:

oh yea lol. beating my self was dope

Derive 01-20-04 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoNcEpT
Shut Up, Why Would We Bitch To Them.
They Can't Speak For Us.

Ok, go ahead bitch to each other...this fucking site is more of a beef and debate then a god damn rap site...shit, hardly any votes go into frontlines/elevated/elite these days anyways....and its fucking idiots like you who make it like that....Bitching to each other and debating wont help shit....you gotta take your issues up to the admins...if not then your debating wont have fucking prooven anything. Yes, everyone has to agree on it, but either way, you STILL have to go to an admin.

C-Section 01-20-04 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan187
, and it allows better battles to happen,

really? two peoples record is what makes a good battle? thats funny cause i always thought it was their skills that made a good battle

Tsar Casm 01-20-04 09:08 PM

Well...I like them..but other sites that have say 75,000 members don't have rec's..though I say keep 'em..

IceMan187 01-20-04 09:10 PM

yo myk it is, but who wants to watch a vet merk a newb becus they didnt kno who each other was b4 they battled? it is not entertainment, entertainment is equal skill vs. equal skill, or a match as fair as possible