RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Spin Records.........Should I Sign This Guy???.... (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=223024)

.Ike. 02-23-06 05:26 PM

Spin Records.........Should I Sign This Guy???....

yea......as you all know...ive started my own independent record label n what not.....i'm still looking for artists around my area in Clarksville to sign....whereas weve already signed one for the st louis portion...and getting ready to sign 3 more from there.....

well...this is one of the first dudes ive came up with from clarksville....and im thinking of signing him.....i wanted to get you alls opinion on him....

www.soundclick.com/sherekahn

tell me what u think.......

Daubs 02-23-06 05:31 PM

Hmmm,

not feelin the 1st song on there, hook iss bare wank.

But 3rd one down is sick, i unno. Hes good...you could prolly find better but he aint bad.

Your decision init.

Enygma 02-23-06 05:33 PM

Sounds about average to me dude.......no hate on the dude or anything, but he just doesn't get me going. He has some pretty good potential, but with over 80 songs on his soundclick, he should sound way better than this. He might be a dead end :(

Journal!st 02-23-06 05:40 PM

he needs something man..............its like he's missin sonethin man.......like enygma said i just aint feelin him homes but its up to you.....................................homes.

Indeph 02-23-06 06:01 PM

You should sign me. =/

Speats 02-23-06 06:20 PM

mmm i dunno, but if you start a label, good luck keeping it working

Young_law 02-23-06 06:24 PM

iz that tha same shere kahn that joined this site?

Ms. Get Gully 02-23-06 06:35 PM

why shouldnt he?. thats just like telling everybody on a rap board that they shouldnt be rapping because they need advice on some of they work.

.Ike. 02-23-06 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMPIN aint easy
not been funny man n i know u jus loookin for advice but if u need to ask a web forum u shudnt really be doin this shit

LMFAO @ this stupid ass comment......

ok....before i sign someone...i think that id like to know if the average joe is feeling his music.....cause if people are feelin his music...that would mean that he would get more sells for me correct? yes...that is correcto...

soooo...what better ways to get peoples opinions on him than just posting up his soundclick and letting people check him out?.........exactly....

now shut the fuck up.....while i rake in my extra cash

.Ike. 02-23-06 06:53 PM

and yes law....its the same shere kahn that joined the site a couple days ago

Indeph 02-23-06 07:38 PM

Stfu and sign me. Or else I would kill u and spin records will never spin another record again. Chump.

Sik Wit It 02-23-06 07:42 PM

Do we get money if we was to sign n' shit? [/stupidquestion]

Indeph 02-23-06 07:45 PM

I'd sign a 2 year deal with Ike for 60 dollars. Get me an ipod and I'd become a label hoe.

.Ike. 02-23-06 07:55 PM

LMAO yes of course u get paid foo!....50 points actually....

and Indeph...im only signing artists in my local area......and in St Louis....since magik is co owning that portion with me......so...sorry dude

Indeph 02-23-06 08:16 PM

Fuck you, bitch.

.Ike. 02-23-06 09:10 PM

^ umm u know....u should like....get a mic or something

or move to tennessee

La Cosa Nostra 02-23-06 09:13 PM

Yeah....
Hes average.... I wouldnt say he cant rap or nothin that drastic...
But he aint dope.. He needs to change a lot about his style if he wants to go pro...

He sounds like a lil try hard tough guy.....
I think you'd have serious trouble sellin this guy...

.Ike. 02-23-06 09:23 PM

thanks nos............all the input i can get is appreciated

Sik Wit It 02-24-06 10:11 AM

Lmao 50 points? Huh?..

*SmokeSomething* 02-24-06 11:42 AM

damn you fuck with ppl in the st. louis well what up holla cause im from detroit but im in stl and im tryin to hook some shit up i got like five or six guys with me and we ready to drop some shit im in pine lawn

I Am Unreal. 02-24-06 03:13 PM

Personal Opinion.. if you're starting your own label you should give him a serious look because it's going to be difficult to find good talent who will sign with you if you're just starting out. As far as his music goes I didn't like it, I just think he tries too hard to be a "hard" vocalist, he's got some decent lyrics and potential but he's gotta tone down his vocals to sound more natural..

Past Tense 02-24-06 03:39 PM

Ike where do you live? Cuz i''d move there in a min too get signed

.Ike. 02-24-06 06:41 PM

^ lmao word...i live in clarksville, TN......and young money...get at me on AIM - Wigullett1202

TitoBronsky 02-24-06 08:13 PM

you can sign me pussy lips!!!!!!!

WHERE THE FUCKS MY ADVANCE????

nah for real though... i need that money

.Ike. 02-25-06 01:57 AM

^ LMAO sorry....only doing the local thing...........TN and St Louis....if your not in one of those areas.......sorry

Blay'all 02-25-06 03:26 AM

no, because he's white.

.Ike. 02-25-06 04:22 AM

^ umm....he's black...

Sik Wit It 02-25-06 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Show
no, because he's white.

LOL. Your white. -_-

Triple_N 02-25-06 01:26 PM

tough call, he can sell in the southern market..cuz he got a hype style....I personally wouldn't sign him.....he'd be more trouble than he's worth...he has a limited style...I listened to a good 6 tracks...same style over an over.....an he got flow & pronounciation problems....so not only are u gon have to develop him..but u also gonna have to heavily produce him...cuz his hooks is weak an he's only hot if he's over the right beat due to his limited style.....he'd be a good affliate....jus a nigga u use for collabs an back up vocals that does intros, addlibs, etc...on hype tracks...but not a artist I'd invest my money in......jus my 2 cents........ez.........1

Blay'all 02-25-06 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ike.
^ umm....he's black...

oh, well in that case... sign him!

.Ike. 02-25-06 02:29 PM

thanks for the input trip....

Dabatos 02-25-06 03:24 PM

word ike doing his thing.. sadly im better *lies* lol.. damn g'd luck with this fam.. i'll go ahead n listen to this fella wen i get home from work

Mc Wicked 02-25-06 04:33 PM

No hate on the kid but not feelin him... Hes to plain hes got the same flow on allmost all his tracks. But if hes popular in ur home town then sign him and feed off his plate to

money 02-25-06 05:48 PM

i wud sign. lol. he dope.

...Voke... 02-26-06 07:25 PM

no....hes missin something and the 3rd song hook sucks

"In my city my niggas know that i'm hard"

w tf? nah

Past Tense 02-27-06 12:48 AM

I dont really like him.....he just doesn't appeal too me

Incineratedrose 02-27-06 01:06 AM

Lol, just do it anyway.

Send him an offer, ask him if he wants to be on the "junior" list. rofl.

Paper View 02-27-06 01:24 AM

send me a mic yea? [/dreams on]