RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Nigger - Nigga (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=234724)

JTR 09-10-06 03:21 AM

Nigger - Nigga

It's the same thing, same word, same meaning. If I go up to a black dude and say "Hey nigga!" he's gonna punch me. It's an abreviation, that dosn't change anything besides the 2 letters at the end. Face it, and stop trying to justify the use of it. (Even if you're black)

-TeamOne- 09-10-06 03:25 AM

no they are not the same thing

JTR 09-10-06 03:37 AM

Yes, they are. It derived from the original word "nigger" and it's an abreviation with the same meaning. You'd have to be a cock mongral to deny that... and you denied that, get the picture?

P To Tha R! 09-10-06 03:41 AM

Yo no offence but dawg..nigga and nigger are different....you prolly wudnt understand cos youse white right..

so this is my take on it...if a white person says anyform of nigger/nigga yeah he got knocked out...

however..it aint the same..when im talkin to my homies..i call em my niggas..not niggers...by being black and sayin it with an -er..u cud b like hold up homeboy what u tryna say nah mean?...

Nigga and Nigger are different..but for a white person to say it..its outta tha question

Terumoto 09-10-06 03:47 AM

A words meaning is derived only by its context. Observe:

That tree has no bark.
That dog has no bark.

Its even more obvious for what youre saying, because of the difference in spelling:

Hey nigga! ((said by person who is also black) = Greetings, fellow person with dark skin)
Hey nigger!((said by person who is white) = Give me your attention, scum who is lower in value to me due to skin color (meaning derived from history of word))

edit: I dont necessarily condone the use of the word, im just explaining...

-TeamOne- 09-10-06 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
Yes, they are. It derived from the original word "nigger" and it's an abreviation with the same meaning.

no its not .

JTR 09-10-06 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prah'Ject
Yo no offence but dawg..nigga and nigger are different....you prolly wudnt understand cos youse white right..

so this is my take on it...if a white person says anyform of nigger/nigga yeah he got knocked out...

however..it aint the same..when im talkin to my homies..i call em my niggas..not niggers...by being black and sayin it with an -er..u cud b like hold up homeboy what u tryna say nah mean?...

Nigga and Nigger are different..but for a white person to say it..its outta tha question

So you change 2 letters from it, and now it's cool to say it.

LMFAOOOOOO

Do you realise how fucking retarded that logic is? Wow.

-TeamOne- 09-10-06 03:51 AM

like he said, your white, you wouldnt understand

.Eternal. 09-10-06 03:51 AM

hmm

dont mean to be racist...

the african americans say there not the same.

the whites say there the same..

who shud i believe?. :banghead:

JTR 09-10-06 03:55 AM

And you're gonna say I can't understand because i'm "white". Are you that fucking ignorant? Honestly, I think every single white man in the continent of America knows what "nigga" means.

And I know that there's a lot of elder black people who would be insulted if you referred to them as "nigger" OR "nigga". Because it has the same meaning. It's a derogatory term used to insult a culture, stop being a fucktard and realise this.

S'like if Latinos changed "Spic" to "Spick" or if Italians changed "Wop" to "Whop"

JaneDoe 09-10-06 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
A words meaning is derived only by its context. Observe:

That tree has no bark.
That dog has no bark.

Its even more obvious for what youre saying, because of the difference in spelling:

Hey nigga! ((said by person who is also black) = Greetings, fellow person with dark skin)
Hey nigger!((said by person who is white) = Give me your attention, scum who is lower in value to me due to skin color (meaning derived from history of word))

edit: I dont necessarily condone the use of the word, im just explaining...

1. what if it wasnt a white person that said the nigger but actually a black person or hispanic or asian or arab or whoever the else uses the word around black people except white people?

2. what if a white person said "nigga" instead of the "er"

i understand what you sayin. and i dont use the word either. i hate the word.
i was just wonderin

to jack, its not the same word and it depends on how its used to how people react to it. and mostly WHO uses it, to how people react to it. its stupid as hell that black people would take a word to hurt them and then its a world wide known non degrading phrase, but thats just how things work

and i hope that "you're white your won't understand thing" is just a joke

JTR 09-10-06 03:57 AM

Ahahahahaha, i'm loving this, i'm white so I wouldn't understand. Are you a fucking idiot? No seriously, I wouldn't understand because i'm white? That's the worst arguemant i've seen in a while. If you know so well, why don't you explain it then. This should be good.

∆ P E X X 09-10-06 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prah'Ject

exactly.

JTR, sorry to say it man, but he's right. it's a different word and a different context.

Terumoto 09-10-06 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneDoe
1. what if it wasnt a white person that said the nigger but actually a black person or hispanic or asian or arab or whoever the else uses the word around black people except white people?

2. what if a white person said "nigga" instead of the "er"

i understand what you sayin. and i dont use the word either. i hate the word.
i was just wonderin

to jack, its not the same word and it depends on how its used to how people react to it. and mostly WHO uses it, to how people react to it. its stupid as hell that black people would take a word to hurt them and then its a world wide known non degrading phrase, but thats just how things work

and i hope that "you're white your won't understand thing" is just a joke

1. Well black people would get offended if anyone that wasnt black said it to them, except in some cases where they dont mind hispanics saying it.

2. Usually if a white person says nigga instead of nigger, they dont mean to offend black people, they mean to mimic them out of admiration. So probably, the black people would either take it the wrong way, or see the gu yas a fucking loser.

Terumoto 09-10-06 04:25 AM

Jack: Yeah, its stupid and completely illogical. Say hello to the english language! lmao.

JTR 09-10-06 04:50 AM

Well i'm gonna give black people a decision to make, it's either "nigga" isn't a derogatory word used to insult their culture, it actually means "dawg" or "buddy" etc... Wich they're trying to tell me, so that means i'm aloud to use it. Or you can agree and tell me it's a bad word for anyone of any race to use and i'll never say it.

JTR 09-10-06 04:56 AM

Because in all honesty that's the fucking dumbest logic i've heard of.

Black people are aloud to let certain people use the word? They can decide wether or not you can use it?

S'like they'll let some of their white friends address them by "nigga" like it's a privalege. Do you know how retarded that is? Have you ever stopped to think "Wow, this is really fucking stupid." It's your word huh? You made it up so only you can use it? I can't say it unless you tell me I can? You just made up a word, made up a definition for it, and called it your own, and said it was racist for anyone else but your kind to use?

JTR 09-10-06 05:03 AM

And you wanna come at me and tell me I don't understand cuz i'm white. Nah, I don't understand cuz it DOSN'T MAKE ANY SENSE.

So please, if you understand, explain how. You can't hope to tell me how it makes sense without sounding like a complete fuck nut.

Terumoto 09-10-06 05:08 AM

Its because it USED to be a derogatory word used by people who werent black, and somehoe evolved into slang used by black people themselves. It hasnt been long enough for the old meaning to dissipate fully.

JTR 09-10-06 05:12 AM

Oh, and it just gets better and better. Cuz Puerto Ricans can say "nigga" cuz they aren't white and they didn't have anything to do with enslaving black people. Wich is hilarious cuz I though "nigga" has nothing to do with any of that right? "IT'S A DIFFERANT WORD JACK!"

Ok, so tell me why I can't say it as a Canadian Jew, you know, that other culture that was dicriminated against. And you guys think you had it bad, we were being prosecuted by Nazi's, sent to concentration camps and being killed off.

And Jews had nothing to do with slavery, it was the gentiles (non jews) who weren't so gentile with you (no pun intended). Matter of fact, it was the Jews who used to leave the light on, on their front porch so when black slaves would escape from their master they could have a place of refuge to rest/hide for a while, while their masters were out with a pack of dogs trying to pick up sent. AND Canadian jews were responsible for going over to the south in the states and actually rescuing some thousands of blacks from a life of slavery and bringing them over the boarder where racism wasn't as known.

Read up on your history muh fuckas!

You saying I don't understand, no. YOU don't understand.

Tell me, please, that your logic isn't disgusting.

JTR 09-10-06 05:12 AM

Quote:
Its because it USED to be a derogatory word used by people who werent black, and somehoe evolved into slang used by black people themselves. It hasnt been long enough for the old meaning to dissipate fully.

"It's NOT the same word yo!"

Terumoto 09-10-06 05:16 AM

nigga is nigger written phonetically according to the "black" accent.

Terumoto 09-10-06 05:17 AM

But man, in reality theres nothing stopping you from using and saying the word if you really want to use it... Maybe people will look at you wierd, judge you, beat on you... But you could still say it if its that important to you.

-TeamOne- 09-10-06 05:38 AM

dude, your not the first person in the world to bring up this argument, but dude, your never gonna get it because you have no fucking idea what its like to be black, so just drop it

JTR 09-10-06 05:43 AM

Quote:
But man, in reality theres nothing stopping you from using and saying the word if you really want to use it... Maybe people will look at you wierd, judge you, beat on you... But you could still say it if its that important to you.

I DON'T WANT TO ACTUALLY USE IT! LMFOAMFSIONGIO!!!!!

Fuck no.

Why would I want to use a word derived from retarded logic?

JTR 09-10-06 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TeamOne-
dude, your not the first person in the world to bring up this argument, but dude, your never gonna get it because you have no fucking idea what its like to be black, so just drop it

I'm a Jew, do you know how many people discriminate against us? Do you know how many people go "haha, pick up the penny on the floor Jew." Get the fuck outta here, you think people aren't prejudice? You think in certain places people won't look at you funny if you're Jewish?

Bitch, KKK dosn't like Jews.

Man, me and you, black and Jew, no one likes us. It's a bitch aint it? Rotf!

JTR 09-10-06 05:48 AM

Quote:

But you aren't even bringing up an arguemant, i'll you're saying is "you don't understand, you don't understand"

I SERIOUSLY don't think YOU understand, or even know what you're talking about, if you can't even formulate a decent point to structure your arguemant around. And I have like, 100 points. So, instead of telling me I don't know how it works because i'm not black, who don't you *GASP* tell me why i'm wrong, and explain what i'm not seeing, wich i've asked you to do already, 3 times.

JTR 09-10-06 05:50 AM

OH SHIT, NOW I GET IT!!!

You guys are stubborn, and can't stand being wrong, and will never admit to being wrong.

It all makes sense now, why didn't I think of that from the begining.

So that's why you just say pointless shit with no substansial value towards the topic and think you've proved something.

Way to look like an ass.

Terumoto 09-10-06 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
I DON'T WANT TO ACTUALLY USE IT! LMFOAMFSIONGIO!!!!!

Fuck no.

Why would I want to use a word derived from retarded logic?

Better question:

Why would you give two shits about a word derived from retarded logic?

Give not caring a go, live and let live. :thumbup:

JTR 09-10-06 05:54 AM

^^ I'm trying to enlighten my fellow man. I'm trying to do good, and bestow harmony. Nah Meanz!?

JTR 09-10-06 05:55 AM

So I gotta go to bed wich is awesome cuz I get to sleep on the thought that I totaly owned this thread and anyone who came in it trying to prove my logic of "your logic is retarded" wrong. Damn I need to get laid.

-TeamOne- 09-10-06 06:26 AM

what your not understanding is that nigger and nigga are two different words with two different meanings, why? and how? because we made it that way thats how nigga is a word used in our culture which is why certain people are allowed 2 use it i.e. eminem, im going to sleep also, goodnight

P To Tha R! 09-10-06 06:38 AM

Quote:

exactly..I can see what you saying JTR..but thats a typical white view...and I cant blame you cos as law said, you dnt know what it is to be black so you wont ever understand..

confusion 09-10-06 08:54 AM

relax jack

team1 when did eminem use that word apart from that tape he made against that girl? just wonderin

Enygma 09-10-06 09:00 AM

Wow.....I never thought I'd say this, butI think the white guy has a better perspective on this....lol. You all can say that he doesn't understand, but the truth is thta you don't understand if you say it's ok for a certain select few to say it. Why woul dit be OK for Eminem to say it? Have you heard him say it? Did you know he was on a white supremesist rap CD before he made it big talking down to the black race? Anyway, teh word is wrong to use by anyone, or OK to use by anyone....any other logic is just dumb because now you are being racist by saying I can't use a word just like the whites said you couldn't use their water fountain. I'm not trying to ask to use this word, I just wish you wouldn't worry so much about it :thumbup:

PS I Shit on Mics....

Terumoto 09-10-06 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygma
PS I Shit on Mics....

Yes, yes, we can all see your new signature. -_-

Kirk 09-10-06 09:54 AM

Edit: Before I go on about this, why do you find it all right, or why do you at all even call each other niggas?

Sean Gunner 09-10-06 10:03 AM

I have a ?

Has any black person who's responded in this thread, actually gone through what their ancestors have?

Considering most of you weren't alive, or even thought of then, I don't think you can say 'You don't know what it's like to be black'. Cuz you've lived the same life as us. You are trying to take credit for what a generation did which in fact YOU NEVER DID. If your ancestors did it, you can take pride in it, but don't try to look like a martyr when you haven't suffered like them, when your version of suffering is not getting some alcohol for a party. Your ancestors ate pig intestines to survive, you don't. Stop taking credit for what your ancestors did, you want us to respect you and your suffering? Then actually suffer.

Kirk 09-10-06 10:07 AM

^I never understood why Jewish people didn't come up with something to call each other, if that's why black people did it. Like Jigga or something. Both cultures had it bad but It seems like some people just draaaag it on. Whereas others just say "good game."

Dufflebag Boy 09-10-06 12:03 PM

ight ya'll let me put it this way (im white and i even understand it)

its turning a negative into a positive..its turning a word thats bad into a word thats good.....ight so black people are fed up wit us callin them the n word
so its like sayin k thats what we are so thats what we gon be so fuck ya'll
its like using a word meant for bad and using it in a good way

but even though its the same word it has a diffrent meeting like turumonto was talkin bout so no matter what its gonna sound bad comin out of a white persons mouth

why is that so hard ta figure out???