RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dang Do You All Believe This About Jay-z (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=238278)

tornado220 12-10-06 11:58 AM

Dang Do You All Believe This About Jay-z

DANG DO YOU ALL BELIEVE THIS ABOUT JAY-Z

December 8. In its first week on the market, Jay Z latest album Kingdom Come sold an impressive 680,000 copies. But the numbers may not be what they seem. MediaTakeOut.com received an anonymous email from a person claiming that in an effort to inflate sales figures, Jay Z may have purchased his own albums.

The full text of the email is printed below:

Just wanted to let you know that the "numbers" that Jay put up are probably fake. I work at Def Jam and everyone here knows that [Jay Z] bought more than 200,000 copies of the album himself. Ain't that some [EXPLETIVE]. I guess money really ain't a thing for [Jay Z].

He was all up on the BET Awards saying "Numbers don't lie." Fake [EXPLETIVE] [EXPLETIVE].

And there seems to be evidence to support the tipster's claim. MediaTakeOut.com has learned that in its second week on the market, sales of Kingdom Come declined by 81% - a drop off that's almost unheard of in the record business.

Developing...

Nynth Degree 12-10-06 12:02 PM

Same thing came up when The Dynasty dropped, people saying he bought his own shit to beat OutKast's Stankonia on the charts.

Maleficent 12-10-06 01:09 PM

I thought those numbers were peculiar. Because I don't believe that everybody likes Jay-Z that much. =P

Compose 12-10-06 02:14 PM

the only reason i see the numbers being real is cuz its like his comeback and all that, but jay is a rich ass moyfucka so its plausible that he bought some

Dabatos 12-10-06 02:24 PM

its sad though to hear people waste that much money to be on top of the market.. when he coulda used it on helpin people that need the money in his city.. :(.. ahh w/e its his money lol

M Eazy 12-10-06 10:10 PM

Dude gave Africa clean water.

"...just sent a million dollars to a hands free/thats big money talk can you answer me!!"

dude is helping other countries not only his city!!

ahaha... i dont kno about tha album sales jig tho...dont care, its a good album, i bought 2 myself!

Cola 12-11-06 12:54 AM

you bought 2?? wtf ya gonna do with 2 albums??

La Cosa Nostra 12-11-06 02:04 AM

Yeah I wouldnt doubt that at all...

SUPERVILLAIN 04-15-07 05:57 AM

wowzer.
damn jay, say it aint so...

esvee

Clokworx 04-16-07 01:08 PM

jayz is garbage anyways.

swagger jacker.

nfamus18bars 04-16-07 01:43 PM

u know what i believe it cuz after dip set released that im not a bitta imma writa
alot of pepole loss some respect for him i know i did

Clokworx 04-16-07 08:28 PM

i say a big verse to only biggin up my brother

fuck that, your stealin his shit. not even just biggie

Young Sin 04-17-07 10:42 AM

I lost respect for him to off that track

So.Rell 04-17-07 02:21 PM

Its w/e Jay gettin money and laughin with a fine bitch...he really don't care what anybody thinks...and that purchasing 200,000 copies thats leaves 480,000 come on now and thats not good? Its whatever Jigga Man still has the rap game on lock he's a business man...

Young Sin 04-23-07 11:34 AM

Jay has rap on lock... but damn buying 200,000 copies of ya own album...... that actually says he dont have shit on lock really

Journal!st 04-23-07 11:56 AM

jay is jay

low chart shit or sales or drop sdont matter he still makes money left to right ya know

Ebircs 04-23-07 11:56 AM

doubt it...................................

Past Tense 04-23-07 06:08 PM

I doubt it.........i think those were the only people that wanted to buy it.........hence everyone wants there Rich Boys and Mike Jones these days

So.Rell 04-24-07 11:17 AM

Lol he actually does have it on Lock...President of Def Jam...Def Jam can take out ANY Record Label...its a power house

top C krit. 04-27-07 12:50 AM

Ah..I don't see why he ouwld do this, he has already got so much respect in the rap game..some haters but overall pretty good rep.. idk why he would fuckin waste money to put his numbers up..thats pretty lo

Young Sin 04-27-07 03:25 PM

Def Jam is fallin off... unless def jam just doesnt like New York based rappers... Fab MEthod Man Red Man.... tha list goes on.... all of them have a or possed to have had a album in tha past 06 or 07 year.... have you heard anything

Ebircs 04-27-07 05:26 PM

why r all ya'll talking like this shits fact????

lol...its a letter from "some dude" from "somewhere"

some stupid mah fuckers

Cola 04-27-07 05:33 PM

hahahahha ....^^^ owned so many people

Dufflebag Boy 04-27-07 08:56 PM

i defintly dont doubt that he did. jay-z never was in it for the money, not even for the art. he was in it for the fame. he couldnt do anything else and cant rap. all he can do is recite anonymous lines from raps legends and put it to a diffrent beat. so its no surprise he'd try to despretaly stay on top by cheating once again. this time he's buying his own albums to outsell others. the only thing he can do by himself is to buy himself. lol thats messed up

chip 04-29-07 08:10 AM

^messed up, but u might be right... Jay was never my favorite, but i always respected his flow... then Cam came out with that shit showing Jay's lines and where he stole them from... man, shit was sad...

Lungz 04-30-07 06:37 PM

He's a biter, and just like in the net, I don't respect no fucking biter {Fuck you Carlos Mencia}. But on the real, whether he has skill or not, or buys his own albums to make himself look good, he is still making the dough, and in the end thats fucking enough....lol

So.Rell 05-04-07 07:31 PM

Lol why does everybody think Cam'Ron came out with the Biter not a Writer...that's been out way before Cam even met Jay

xCadaverx 05-05-07 05:01 PM

It's possible, but I doubt it.

Jay has a large fan-base..
even bigger than that.

Ransum 05-05-07 06:27 PM

jay z is a bitch if he did that and lost all my respect....

chip 05-06-07 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCadaverx
It's possible, but I doubt it.

Jay has a large fan-base..
even bigger than that.

true, he does have a large fan base... and a large portion of that fan base has limewire...

xCadaverx 05-07-07 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip
true, he does have a large fan base... and a large portion of that fan base has limewire...

hah. shit. then im starting to believe this.

im starting to feel sorry for him.. :/

ILL GEE 05-25-07 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Sin
Def Jam is fallin off... unless def jam just doesnt like New York based rappers... Fab MEthod Man Red Man.... tha list goes on.... all of them have a or possed to have had a album in tha past 06 or 07 year.... have you heard anything

RedMAn's album dropped... not any real good promotion but i heard that the album was slept on pretty good... same with meth's ... weak promotion... heard his joint was decent too... Fab? haven't really heard shyt from him since Breathe dropped... plus he thinks he's a gangsta now that he's beenshot and taken to jail for it..lol... kids these days.

ILL GEE 05-25-07 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Sin

also... I have an inside connect in the NY music scene... They (record execs) straight up told my boy that they will not sign any NY artist that sound like they come from NY... But they will go to the Southern states and find kats that with that NY style of flow... what kinda shyt is that?... signing dudes off they accents?!!! but a NY can go to any of the southern states... get picked up by a small lable down there and then all of a sudden NY wants them... the game is really fugged up right now... for realz!

Abraxas 06-21-07 01:16 PM

Yea who the fuck buys CD nowadays.

LaTiNKiTTeN 07-05-07 07:32 PM

...everything he's made since he came back blows...so i cant see too many ppl rushin to cop that album...thats def something i see him doin just for appearances

big daddy 07-23-07 11:33 PM

if he did. maybe he had a reason for it. maybe he sent them to dipset to give them some inspiration

Grimmy 07-24-07 03:37 PM

His old stuff was cool but hes wack now!

B.M. 07-24-07 05:48 PM

Damn shockin! I dont no if i believe it though tuff call!

xCadaverx 07-25-07 02:45 PM

To be quite honest, and I'm not trying to start shit with Jay dickriders, but the kid isn't even that nice anymore.

Since Change Clothes I don't even know. :/

big daddy 07-29-07 03:20 AM

jay z gets perty boring but at least he puts out decent music with decent lyrics. so its better than most southern rap music