RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   hiphopbattling.com (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=250577)

La Cosa Nostra 05-17-09 12:21 AM

hiphopbattling.com

rapverse's main new domain name suggestion...

RV is set to become HHB....

the hiphopbattling.com name has been purchased by strobe.. i think this is probably the best idea for a name change that were gonna get...

show some support and i dare say well see this happen real soon...

NoCkTerNuL 05-17-09 01:00 AM

eehhh... It's aight, I think i'm just loyal to the name rapverse. I will say it's much better than rapbattlers though.

J.Roy 05-17-09 01:09 AM

rapverse 4 lyfe

LaTiNKiTTeN 05-17-09 02:24 AM

hiphopbattling is so...generic...rapverse wa kinda corny but original n catchy

Adam 05-17-09 02:28 AM

Should make it beefthreads.com

J.Roy 05-17-09 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
Should make it beerthreads.com

fixed.........................

.Eternal. 05-17-09 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Roy

fail .

J.Roy 05-17-09 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Eternal.
greatest post ever .

fixt..........................

Ysdat 05-17-09 06:16 AM

Good move. Has my full support.

05-17-09 07:01 AM

word

now just to find out what the fuck a hip hop battle is..

is that like a battle over who can make smoother noise............

_Talksic_ 05-17-09 07:36 AM

sounds good to me

Speats 05-17-09 09:20 AM

sounds pretty good to me too

La Cosa Nostra 05-17-09 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
word

now just to find out what the fuck a hip hop battle is..

is that like a battle over who can make smoother noise............

i wanna add more of a graffiti element to the site aswell man...

im prolly gonna switch up the 'graphics battles and make them 'graffiti battles'..

could POSSIBLY have beatboxing records set up so people can do those sort of battles aswell if they want.. trynna broaden the perspective of this website from chatting to a full blown hip hop resource or whatever..

i might move hip hop talk back into the main section aswell.. i think it deserves to be more of a focal point than a subsection.

well most likly be getting a new skin for the website or atleast some new graphics...

and yo, fuck the haters of this name... degenerate progression haters...

J. Luth 05-17-09 12:21 PM

word, i mean it's cool. Do it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Roy

fail x2

kill yourself already

MurDaH187 05-17-09 01:50 PM

Rap verse. = better then hiphopbattler

But if you trying to regroup more heads and all I guess its a good start

Phenom-in-all 05-17-09 06:12 PM

lots of good posts bout this. I agree I'm kinda partial to rapverse, but if it gets more activity, go haaaaaard.

TeamOne 05-17-09 06:19 PM

i see my advice was taken....

King Solo 05-17-09 09:38 PM

This site has been in need of a massive overhaul for a while, nobody bothered to take up the reigns though. I got major props to Nos for taking a hold of this shit and injecting some new life. Re-organising the forums was the start. The name change is good.. lets face it, across the net rapverse is synonymous with what outsiders consider to be a bunch of average dudes who chat way too much. It was a corny ass name. Changing it shows that the site is at least going in a new and forward direction and it should spark outside interest and get this site active again.

Of course, there needs to be a big help from members. Especially audio heads because in all fairness, text is practically dead across the net with only a few hopefuls trying to keep it alive. The only inspiration for text battling now is in the shape of cash prizes offered in leagues/tournaments.

The graffit shit, if it can get active with a nice round number of people participating it could bring activity because its different. Same with the beatboxing shit. If the effort is put in to change and members help by generating a buzz by making some shit other than random chats happen.. this site could get live again.

Cola 05-17-09 09:44 PM

damn

and i just got Rapverse tatt'd across my chest

King Solo 05-17-09 10:53 PM

oh shit

that's gonna cost you a bit to get it removed and have hip hop battling instead

lucky for me, I waited.

The Jett 05-17-09 11:52 PM

is it going to be the same ghetto vbulletin format?

La Cosa Nostra 05-18-09 12:10 AM

well were going to need to figure out what exactly should be on the front page in terms of content... thats all gonna come man, aswell as new graphics and skins and whatever we need.. and other decisions that well have to make...

im trynna do all this shit as transparently as possible to try and persuade people who post regularily at this site to get involved in its transformation..

at the moment the issue at hand is the name, after which we can proceed to mess around with a lot of other things...

ARE YOU FUCKING OK WITH THAT THE JETT?

Implicit 05-18-09 12:14 AM

Hahaha. Personally I think the name is WACK. It's basically rapbattles.com with a twist. Can it sound any more gay than that? Probably not.

BUT I do want to say that the effort in reviving this site is cool and I applaud you for doing all of this. I'm down to help however I can. If you want or need any mods or anything, let me know. Or anything for that matter. Hit me up.

La Cosa Nostra 05-18-09 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Implicit
Hahaha. Personally I think the name is WACK. It's basically rapbattles.com with a twist. Can it sound any more gay than that? Probably not.

BUT I do want to say that the effort in reviving this site is cool and I applaud you for doing all of this. I'm down to help however I can. If you want or need any mods or anything, let me know. Or anything for that matter. Hit me up.

hiphopbattling.com is a way better domain name than rapbattles.com

Implicit 05-18-09 02:10 AM

haha i just noticed you have like 2 kabillion posts...and i just made that number up

but hit me up if you need help with anything.

King Solo 05-18-09 08:59 AM

rapbattles.com is gay... hiphopbattling.com is better.

The Jett 05-18-09 02:06 PM

yes. that is ok.

The Jett 05-18-09 05:57 PM

You ever sit back an think that your askin for advice on a new site from the people who ruined the first site to begin with? you shouldnt even tell ne one here its changing, jus let em wake up and see no rapverse. what would coke dealer, steve swagger, or poetic do?

Cola 05-18-09 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jett
You ever sit back an think that your askin for advice on a new site from the people who ruined the first site to begin with? you shouldnt even tell ne one here its changing, jus let em wake up and see no rapverse. what would coke dealer, steve swagger, or poetic do?

or the guy who left becuase everyone made fun of him, so he acted like he was better than the site...than came back like nothing happened

we didnt' forget lil bitch

'you guys are so immatue, i can't handle this! Im gone!'

rofl, BIIITTCCHH

King Solo 05-18-09 09:02 PM

lmao @ jett unknowingly talking about himself

steve_swagger 05-18-09 10:27 PM

lol @ my name being mentioned when im rarly on here compared to Posts: 4,676 lol try shutting the fuck up and googling me hoecake

steve_swagger 05-18-09 10:28 PM

an dont be mad you ride horse for a living cuz your parents gave birth to a troll :huh:

La Cosa Nostra 05-18-09 10:29 PM

man he put you on the same level as poetic...

are you gonna sit there and take that?

The Jett 05-18-09 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Fletcher.
lmao @ jett unknowingly talking about himself

no i know. but to be honest... i'd probly go lookin for a battle site and find the new one. I'd just hope it attracted more battlers not shit talkers

The Jett 05-18-09 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_swagger
lol @ my name being mentioned when im rarly on here compared to Posts: 4,676 lol try shutting the fuck up and googling me hoecake

4000 posts in 6 years.......400 posts in 5 months

Cola 05-19-09 12:11 AM

400 posts in 5 months. Gay

4000 posts in 6 years. Gayer

Leaving a website becuase he got made fun of so much than having no outside life and coming back. Pricless

The Jett 05-19-09 12:15 AM

callin the kettle black eh? mr 7000? 3 yrs? yikes 7 battles? thats it?

steve_swagger 05-19-09 10:56 AM

ill battle jet if its pinkslip or for cash other than that itsa waste

La Cosa Nostra 05-19-09 11:04 AM

yeah jet ill battle you with a beat if we put $500 on the table..

Jay Rose 05-19-09 11:52 AM

yo i dunno if anyone mentioned this yet...but with the domain change it would be smart to also buy out the rapverse domain and have it forwarded to the new website...so all the old heads and people who know of rapverse will just be redirected to the new site.....instead of hitting a dead link.....

was too lazy to read all the posts so if someone already said this cool, if not, word its what you should do