RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Who's picture is this? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=224367)

∆ P E X X 03-13-06 11:32 PM

Who's picture is this?

^^Who is this?

Logic The Goonie 03-13-06 11:35 PM

Joshua Ben Joseph

Ranks™ 03-13-06 11:40 PM

fabio, b.

La Cosa Nostra 03-13-06 11:41 PM

Looks like some kind of western religion's attempt at a portrayal of jesus......

Nynth Degree 03-13-06 11:43 PM

Nostradamus when his hair is out.

Blay'all 03-13-06 11:44 PM

me. damn...

Terumoto 03-13-06 11:46 PM

oh thats my son... He's always getting into all kinds of trouble.

∆ P E X X 03-13-06 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates
Joshua Ben Joseph

Do you mean Yashua Bin Yosef? Nope.

Quote:
Looks like some kind of western religion's attempt at a portrayal of jesus......

Sounds about right.

The portrayals of "Jesus" plastered all over and inside of churches all stem from this complete crock of shit. Jesus looked nothing like this. so where did this image come from?

Logic The Goonie 03-13-06 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx

Sounds about right.

The portrayals of "Jesus" plastered all over and inside of churches all stem from this complete crock of shit. Jesus looked nothing like this. so where did this image come from?

No, I meant Joshua Ben Joseph because thats what the system taught me. They said "Fuck all that traditional name shit, this is AMERICA, we speak AMERICAN and refer to people in AMERICAN names."

I called them stew pit.

And, it came from Michaelangelo.

I spelled it wrong, again.

KOOL COL-B 03-14-06 12:02 AM

looks kinda like this 1 squeegee kid in Halifax, werd

La Cosa Nostra 03-14-06 12:06 AM

Quote:

Sounds about right.

There have been articles found that were written back when jesus was alive that described him as a short man with a bit of a hunch back..

The church (in all its wisdom) changed all descriptions of jesus they could get their hands on to describe him as a 6 foot tall handsome blue eyed white man with great posture.. Somewhat of a movie star of their day.

They also changed all texts that refered to jesus in such a way that made him sound like a mortal prophet.. Because they wanted people to think of him as a deity.

This is just another reason why I hate most wide spread structured religions..

They are for the most part, a pack of liars and fools...

Ms. Get Gully 03-14-06 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
There have been articles found that were written back when jesus was alive that described him as a short man with a bit of a hunch back..

The church (in all its wisdom) changed all descriptions of jesus they could get their hands on to describe him as a 6 foot tall handsome blue eyed white man with great posture.. Somewhat of a movie star of their day.

They also changed all texts that refered to jesus in such a way that made him sound like a mortal prophet.. Because they wanted people to think of him as a deity.

hmmm interesting.
and people wonder why i question the bible.

∆ P E X X 03-14-06 12:28 AM

Quote:

Yup. Well said.

Oh, did you know that in black comunities, Jesus is described in the bible as "copper skin with woollen hair" where as in white communities it states in the identical chapter and verse describing him as white? Interesting thing for there to be a dispute on - the appearance of THE key figure in the book you're supposed to live by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDaM Merk
hmmm interesting.

Also well said.

Jesus couldn't look anything like this, particularly since god states that long hair is dishonorable on men. Now why woudl Jesus go do something dishonorable to his father? God. Not to mention the region he was born in where NOBODY looked like this.

La Cosa Nostra 03-14-06 12:32 AM

Quote:
Yup. Well said.

Oh, did you know that in black comunities, Jesus is described in the bible as "copper skin with woollen hair" where as in white communities it states in the identical chapter and verse describing him as white? Interesting thing for there to be a dispute on - the appearance of THE key figure in the book you're supposed to live by.

Its not really white communitys though...

Its european religious councils that dictate what the rest of the sheep that follow them believe...

.Judicial. 03-14-06 12:35 AM

i agree with you on this...i have never nor will i ever believe jesus looks like that unless he appears infront of me and i see for myself...just that description in the bible the copper skin tells you he is not white...i really don't think you HAVE to have a religion to have a relationship with GOD.....

∆ P E X X 03-14-06 01:09 AM

Quote:
Its not really white communitys though...

Its european religious councils that dictate what the rest of the sheep that follow them believe...

Yeah, but this description isn't global. It's regional. And even smaller than that. But the IMAGE of a white jesus is definitely global.

L. Veracity 03-14-06 01:24 AM

Jesus can look like whatever people "think" he looked like, you'll never know 'til you see him..and why's it matter what he looks like anyway?

he still did what he did, no matter how he looked...blue eyed and blonde or nappy headed with olive skin lol

La Cosa Nostra 03-14-06 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Veracity
Jesus can look like whatever people "think" he looked like, you'll never know 'til you see him..and why's it matter what he looks like anyway?...he still did what he did, no matter how he looked...blue eyed and blonde or nappy headed with olive skin lol

Tell that to the church...

L. Veracity 03-14-06 01:38 AM

blah, I have no respect for the Catholic church, lots of things people that claim to be Christian and Catholic believe are because the Catholic church changed things around to fit their purposes...a lot of the "religious" holidays we observe are based on pagan rituals...in fact, the time we celebrate Christmas is based on a pagan God ritual...even the days of the week were named after pagan Gods ROFLMAO...therefore, screw the Catholic church and their "we don't know but we do it anyway" sheep

∆ P E X X 03-14-06 02:40 AM

Quote:
Jesus can look like whatever people "think" he looked like, you'll never know 'til you see him..and why's it matter what he looks like anyway?

he still did what he did, no matter how he looked...blue eyed and blonde or nappy headed with olive skin lol

If they lied about what he looked like, what makes you tihnk they're being 100% truthful about Jesus as a whole. They don't even have you using his real name.

As a matter of fact, there's more than one "Jesus" in the bible. This is a man that people felt would save the world, he had COUNTLESS followers, not to mention decievers (like Paul) who emulated him in every possibly way. The only problem with this is that, the Bible carrys out the acts of these people as if they were the original yashua when they are not.

The bible rocks!

Lay-z 03-14-06 02:42 AM

thats not jesus.

jesus has a afro.

La Cosa Nostra 03-14-06 03:05 AM

Back when Jesus was around, he also thought that the world was going to end within his lifetime... But the church doesent teach those kind of things, because they want him to come off as being perfect and flawless......

∆ P E X X 03-14-06 03:13 AM

Quote:
Back when Jesus was around, he also thought that the world was going to end within his lifetime... But the church doesent teach those kind of things, because they want him to come off as being perfect and flawless......

Just like God. So they don't highlight the fact that this perfect and eternal entity needed rest.

Just like they don't (directly) tell you the formative years of Jesus life. Only after he came back into scociety with these abilities. Did you know Jesus was taught these skills, you know, walking on water, water to wine, reviving the dead etc all from one person whom he trained with for years?

Did you know he wasn't the only one?

La Cosa Nostra 03-14-06 03:17 AM

Not to mention Jesus wasnt a mesiah...

The term mesiah refers to a holy military leader... Jesus was a wandering prophet......

∆ P E X X 03-14-06 03:26 AM

"Christ" is also a title, meaning "savior", not a last name. "Jesus" is a word that comes from Ja, the god of rastafarianism and other religions, and Zeus, the god of greek MYTHology. "Jazeus" became "Jesus" and to this day people think his nme is "Jesus" "Christ". Two names and a title. Neither if which his own name or title.

BTW, by definition Yashua denounced anything to do with christianity. He instructed others not to follow him and that he follows god as they should. "Christianity" and "Christmas" as concepts would be highly disrespectful. To name a religion after him and celebrate his day of birth on a day, month, or even season that he wasn't born on or in is disgraceful in his eyes and puts others (if even himself) in the light of his father "God".

La Cosa Nostra 03-14-06 08:12 AM

Heh.. I didnt know that..

You know there are theorys floating round these days that Mohammed, the prophet of the Islamic religion was actually Jesus Christ.

Makes you wonder.....

locknes 03-14-06 08:28 AM

Quote:

You know there are theorys floating round these days that Mohammed, the prophet of the Islamic religion was actually Jesus Christ.

Makes you wonder.....

I am starting to believe that

Tha Q. 03-14-06 08:35 AM

Charles Manson

But, I know what you're getting at. Imma find the picture "POPULAR SCIENCE" magazine generated to depict what Jesus would have looked like.

Based on the time and region in which he lived, Jesus would have:

#1...been Short...probably under 5'9"...So, he would have been unassuming at best.

#2...Medium to brown skin...He was arab...And, that region was in the middle of the desert. So, even if Jesus was initially fair skinned, he wouldn't have been by the time of his death. In other words, Jesus was not lilly white because he wasn't European.

#3...Had a beard...it was customary for Hebrew men to have beards...He would have had a beard

#4...a short hair cut...It was NOT JEWISH custom for men to have long flowing hair. So, this European depiction of Jesus is bogus.

#5...been Built...Jesus would not have been a skinny guy. He was a carpenter and would have had muscles. So, this frail thin depiction of Jesus is bogus.

#6...been relatively unattractive...He was a common man, living a commoners life...His face would have been weathered from being out in the elements so much. He would also have brown eyes and brown hair.

IN other words, you would not be able to tell that Jesus was "JESUS" by looking at him. That's the reason Judas had to point him out when the Roman Centurions came to arrest him. He didn't stand out from the crowd at all, exactly the way he wanted it.

Tha Q. 03-14-06 08:39 AM

Quote:
Not to mention Jesus wasnt a mesiah...

The term mesiah refers to a holy military leader... Jesus was a wandering prophet......

That's not scriptural. If you choose to not believe what's written in the bible, fine. But, don't throw out bogus statements like it's written in the text of the accounts of Jesus' life and ministry. Jesus was not just a prophet. THe whole point of the Christian faith is that Jesus is the son of the living God, our savior. If you don't believe that, you don't believe it. But, don't attempt to cross wires here. What you're saying is in a spirit of error. It isn't Christianity and should not be confused with it. Start your own religion and leave Christianity alone if you choose.

leady 03-14-06 08:48 AM

Quote:

Makes you wonder.....

yeah i have heard about that aswell, i honestly dont follow religion, its impossible to tell whats true, when you compare the old testiment to the new, so much stuff gets re-worded and changed around its un-real, but apparently there is a place you can go and see the very original bible(the first one ever written), i cant remember where, and how true that is i honestly cant say.

but id be willing to bet money that if thats true, you could compare that to the more recent testiments of the bible that most of the stuff would be completely different.

but also whats really annoying, is the fact that they say god beleives in freedome of choice, and all that stuff, and then around the city you will get people standing there screaming and shouting sections of the bible and then telling you why you SHOULD turn to god, as if its something you have got to do to get into heaven. that in my eyes is trying to force us into religion, and religion has allways been put forth as a choice.

i contemplated a few times about choosing the path of religion, but with so many things not making sense, and looking a pack of lie's, it makes it hard to beleive ANYTHING that is said through religion.

Tha Q. 03-14-06 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDaM Merk
hmmm interesting.

Actually...Hol up..back up

What Nos is saying isn't scriptural. There are books that were not included in the bible called non-canonical books. The Canon, as the current bible came to be known as, was agreed upon by scholars to be the most authentic account of the life and times of Jesus, the Christ. I've actually read some of the other books and found them interesting. There's one that talks about Jesus' childhood more than the other ones. You can see how that wasn't included because Jesus hadn't become "Jesus" yet. So, how in the world would ANYONE know what Jesus was doing on the playground? Feel me? Things like that were omitted. No one has ever questioned Christ's Deity. The whole point of the Christian Faith is the acknowledgment that Jesus is Lord and Savior. If you don't believe that, then you don't believe in Jesus at all. Muslims believe Jesus was a "nice guy" who was a prophet. We as Christians know otherwise. Jesus was prophesied thousands of years before he came. When he did, he came to save souls. The bible says in John chapter 1:

"In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word WAS GOD."

Jesus = the word

Jesus is God.

∆ P E X X 03-14-06 12:05 PM

Quote:

Makes you wonder.....

Yeah, that's actually old news lol. But it isn't true. Islaam was created and funded entirely by St. Augustine after the time that Christianity had already started, at around 70 A.D. The conept of "The Prophet Muhammed" only had legs because Yashua was a well known prophet who had brought success to "Christianity" a religion that did not exist till "Christ" came about. The Pope did not like that Christianity (and there for "Christ") had such a heavy religious influence over catholics who originally answered to and seeked word from the Pope and the Vatican. To regain power, he found someone who would lead what would end up becoming the Muslim religion and excorsized his control to make sure that Muhammed was guided in the direction that the Pope wanted him to. So much so that Muhammed's adviser who "helped" interpret muhammed's prophecies was catholic and influenced Muhammed to believe that anyone not adhering to the divine words of the human pope was an infidel who seeked to decieve the people, which included Jews and Christians. Muhammed even studied the life of St. Augustine in preparation for what he was about to do. As the word of islaam spread to the arabs who were told that they were the chosen ones, the forces for the wars against those religions grew massively powerful.

The Pope OK'd the approvals needed for islaams generals to attack north africa where christianity and judaism had spread, the same place "Jesus" was born and lived. The muslim army in respect to the pope for empowering them also heeded orders to rename the greek statue of Venus to "The Virgin Mary" and the statue of the god Jupiter to "St. Peter" which is where our images of these people come from.

The Pope didn't expect that this religion that he created and influenced to destroy his enemies would eventually grow so wildly out of his control and eventually seek to even overthrow HIM as an "infidel", so peace talks started after the muslim armies invaded turkey, lebanon and were poised to begin on Italy and other land masses, which caused a loose peace between catholics and muslims while the Pope was changing aim to one of the biggest Jewish landmasses on the globe, Russia and areas north, such as poland germany etc. The empowering vision to all Muslims was the (intended) appearance of The virgin mary (the false idols mentioned in the bible) in the muslim city of Fatima which was named after Muhammeds daughter. This was considered the virgin mary's seal of approval to the muslims and elevated Muhammeds daughter to the status of "The most divine female in heaven second only to the virgin mary" at around 1910.

The Pope (This time Pope Pius the XII) and Christianity tried to overthrow the Jewish people of Russia, Poland, and Germany again during the second World War with their Nazi army which everyone knows is staunchly Catholic and seeked to kill all Jews after Hitler was convinced that Jews are responsible for killing the christian Messiah. Once again...They created a monster and it backfired, since Hitler began to seek total world domination with his version of Christianity that was fueled by a maddening passion for genetic science, a hunt (and find) for alien life, and paegan practices and symbols such as the swaztika which originally is a symbol for one-ness with nature, the 4 cardinal directions, 4 elements, etc and pointed clockwise, not counterclockwise which denoted a reversal and undoing of these forces. The Swaztika it self is centered around a cross.

What's ironic is that thousands of years later, this is the EXACT same thing the catholic United States did with the Muslim Taliban. They created them by training Osama to train foot soldiers to combat the U.S.'s (religious) enemy at the time which was Russia post-cold-war, funded him by giving him munitions from their weapons cache and billions of dollars, filling him to the brim with "you-are-the one-ness" and religious zeal, and cut him loose. Then....it backfired.

yay.

L. Veracity 03-14-06 12:14 PM

why are ya'll trying to argue religion based on facts?...

religion isn't based on facts, it's based on faith...if you don't have that, you're not going to believe, so why try so hard to discredit another person's beliefs?...religion and GOD are not one in the same...Nos, you argue a lot about religion but say that you only "hate organiZed religion"...what do you believe then if you only disagree with people that share the same beliefs gathering?...Apexx, you might find it hard to believe, but you have to have a certain amount of "faith" to believe in anything, so you DO have faith...just faith in man, as opposed to being faith in GOD

∆ P E X X 03-14-06 12:22 PM

Quote:

religion isn't based on facts, it's based on faith...if you don't have that, you're not going to believe, so why try so hard to discredit another person's beliefs?...religion and GOD are not one in the same...Nos, you argue a lot about religion but say that you only "hate organiZed religion"...what do you believe then if you only disagree with people that share the same beliefs gathering?...Apexx, you might find it hard to believe, but you have to have a certain amount of "faith" to believe in anything, so you DO have faith...just faith in man, as opposed to being faith in GOD

I have no "faith" or "beliefs". You find it hard to be-LIE-ve anything when you look at the facts and they conflict to those beliefs. If it really happened, there would be distinct and traceable evidence, not speculation, misinterpretation, and contradiction. Everything means nothing until it's proven. Belief is ignorance. Ask questions. You might learn something.

L. Veracity 03-14-06 12:26 PM

eghh, I don't argue with religion, especially with people like you lol

don't take that as an insult, you're one of the most intelligent people I know
but religion is one thing I would never discuss with you
because our views are in such a great opposition

P.S. what's your AIM negro?...(or other IM name)

∆ P E X X 03-14-06 12:41 PM

Quote:
eghh, I don't argue with religion, especially with people like you lol

don't take that as an insult, you're one of the most intelligent people I know
but religion is one thing I would never discuss with you
because our views are in such a great opposition

P.S. what's your AIM negro?...(or other IM name)

Opposing views on religion? I don't "believe" everything I read. You believe everything you read? Is that the opposition?

P.S. same AIM name now that I always had, deepblue963

La Cosa Nostra 03-14-06 01:52 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that's actually old news lol. But it isn't true. Islaam was created and funded entirely by St. Augustine after the time that Christianity had already started, at around 70 A.D. The conept of "The Prophet Muhammed" only had legs because Yashua was a well known prophet who had brought success to "Christianity" a religion that did not exist till "Christ" came about. The Pope did not like that Christianity (and there for "Christ") had such a heavy religious influence over catholics who originally answered to and seeked word from the Pope and the Vatican. To regain power, he found someone who would lead what would end up becoming the Muslim religion and excorsized his control to make sure that Muhammed was guided in the direction that the Pope wanted him to. So much so that Muhammed's adviser who "helped" interpret muhammed's prophecies was catholic and influenced Muhammed to believe that anyone not adhering to the divine words of the human pope was an infidel who seeked to decieve the people, which included Jews and Christians. Muhammed even studied the life of St. Augustine in preparation for what he was about to do. As the word of islaam spread to the arabs who were told that they were the chosen ones, the forces for the wars against those religions grew massively powerful.

The Pope OK'd the approvals needed for islaams generals to attack north africa where christianity and judaism had spread, the same place "Jesus" was born and lived. The muslim army in respect to the pope for empowering them also heeded orders to rename the greek statue of Venus to "The Virgin Mary" and the statue of the god Jupiter to "St. Peter" which is where our images of these people come from.

The Pope didn't expect that this religion that he created and influenced to destroy his enemies would eventually grow so wildly out of his control and eventually seek to even overthrow HIM as an "infidel", so peace talks started after the muslim armies invaded turkey, lebanon and were poised to begin on Italy and other land masses, which caused a loose peace between catholics and muslims while the Pope was changing aim to one of the biggest Jewish landmasses on the globe, Russia and areas north, such as poland germany etc. The empowering vision to all Muslims was the (intended) appearance of The virgin mary (the false idols mentioned in the bible) in the muslim city of Fatima which was named after Muhammeds daughter. This was considered the virgin mary's seal of approval to the muslims and elevated Muhammeds daughter to the status of "The most divine female in heaven second only to the virgin mary" at around 1910.

The Pope (This time Pope Pius the XII) and Christianity tried to overthrow the Jewish people of Russia, Poland, and Germany again during the second World War with their Nazi army which everyone knows is staunchly Catholic and seeked to kill all Jews after Hitler was convinced that Jews are responsible for killing the christian Messiah. Once again...They created a monster and it backfired, since Hitler began to seek total world domination with his version of Christianity that was fueled by a maddening passion for genetic science, a hunt (and find) for alien life, and paegan practices and symbols such as the swaztika which originally is a symbol for one-ness with nature, the 4 cardinal directions, 4 elements, etc and pointed clockwise, not counterclockwise which denoted a reversal and undoing of these forces. The Swaztika it self is centered around a cross.

What's ironic is that thousands of years later, this is the EXACT same thing the catholic United States did with the Muslim Taliban. They created them by training Osama to train foot soldiers to combat the U.S.'s (religious) enemy at the time which was Russia post-cold-war, funded him by giving him munitions from their weapons cache and billions of dollars, filling him to the brim with "you-are-the one-ness" and religious zeal, and cut him loose. Then....it backfired.

yay.

That really does a lot of the clout of a religion to know it was founded on a human agenda. This is just another reason why I dont like wide spread organised religions. They are nothing more than a method of control. Priding themselves on petty traditions and belief's that are set up to give the average person the impression that he/she cannot have a relationship with god without doing exactly as the church tells them to do.. Which brings me to....

Quote:

religion isn't based on facts, it's based on faith...if you don't have that, you're not going to believe, so why try so hard to discredit another person's beliefs?...religion and GOD are not one in the same...Nos, you argue a lot about religion but say that you only "hate organiZed religion"...what do you believe then if you only disagree with people that share the same beliefs gathering?

I believe god is the universe we exist in. That is, a universe that runs as a precise result of strict cause and effect governing everything. I believe in science over faith due to the fact that science is real and abides by actual logic... Faith is a concoction of ones mind in an attempt to explain the un-explainable.

Organised religions are about making claims that they are the chosen ones and the only true way to salvation. They are nothing more than wide spread cults pretending to be the real deal.

Anybody can have a relationship with god... You dont need to go to church, you dont need to read the bible.. These things are interesting, and knowedge wise can even be beneficial, but also extremily trivial when concearned with the bigger picture.... Just know that everybody has a destiny or path that is set before them with their own individual lessons and experiences that are designed to teach you along the way exactly what you need to know to progress and inevidibly end up where you need to be in life. The harder you try and learn your lessons and the more you give to the world as a person determines how much you will recieve in this life and beyond.

Faith isnt even required.

L. Veracity 03-14-06 01:57 PM

the universe is the universe, God is God...they're not one in the same = |

life experiences teach everyone things, you have freedome of choice to make your life turn out however it will, that's what "fate" and "destiny" are...there's a pre-determined end that depends on choices you make, we agree on that...

but I have a question, how do you determine what's right and what's wrong?...if you've never experienced a situation, what governs your thoughts on right and wrong?...most people I know base their moral standards on religion, which is what most LAW is based on...does this mean that laws are not to be followed because they are based on the moral standings or religions?...

DQ 03-14-06 02:08 PM

Quote:

Makes you wonder.....

The Koran states that Jesus was a prophet just like Mohammed. Jesus was like second best because the only true prophet is Mohammed. The two names are stated seperately but where do those theories come from? Just curious...prolly not from Islamic side.

La Cosa Nostra 03-14-06 02:17 PM

Quote:
the universe is the universe, God is God...they're not one in the same = |

life experiences teach everyone things, you have freedome of choice to make your life turn out however it will, that's what "fate" and "destiny" are...there's a pre-determined end that depends on choices you make, we agree on that...

but I have a question, how do you determine what's right and what's wrong?...if you've never experienced a situation, what governs your thoughts on right and wrong?...most people I know base their moral standards on religion, which is what most LAW is based on...does this mean that laws are not to be followed because they are based on the moral standings or religions?...

Oh but they are one in the same..
God is formless and exists everywhere at the same time. If he was a seperate entity then then that would make him a kind of being. And if you believe what your own religion tells you about god.. Then this cannot be.

As for your question about what is right and wrong.. Right and wrong is dictated by what we know to be right and wrong. There have been numorous 'free-thinker' cults throughout history that have preached that if they dont think something is wrong, then its not a sin...

However these people have usually used this method of thinking as a justification mainly for fullfilling sexual fantasys.

We are intelligent organisms with the ability to decipher whether something is beneficial or ultimatly wrong. Sure we make mistakes from time to time, but we usually learn as a result.

Be real.. You dont need anyone to tell you whats right and whats wrong.. You just know...