RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   You Got Served (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=111041)

Dekhan Frost 01-30-04 10:42 PM

You Got Served

IF your a hiphop head. You Have to see this movie. Except for the gay ass shot of OMarian and Marcus houston dancing in the rain ( that was for the teen girls because they were yelling there ass off in the movies). But, The dance step in this movie were off the wall. When it came to the competitions. You wouldn't believe your eyes. Over all I loved the movie. But, When it come's to the story line and the other aspects of the movie i wasn't really interested.

I know there are going to be a lot of people. Who are going to hate on this post because B2K are in this movie. But, Dancing is every bit of hip-hop as rapping and beat making and so on. This is going to start something I have been waiting for in NY for a long time. I dance, Rap, sing, Produce and Engineer. I am in school for post productions right now.

If you have an open mind for hiphop check the bboying in this movie.

Tell me what you think.

The Jett 01-30-04 10:43 PM

whats wit the white porkipine sayin u got served all ghetto...

Dekhan Frost 01-30-04 10:57 PM

he's a good ass dancer. But his crews stole another crews dance step and used it against them on some stoping a them from the start. and thats how that came about they won.

MuhThugga 01-30-04 11:09 PM

Breakdancing is a part of Hip-Hop.....

I see no trace of that in this movie.

Dekhan Frost 01-30-04 11:11 PM

We now have Hate!!!^

It 01-30-04 11:13 PM

didnt really like the movie but im not gona hate and say it was gay
i'll just say it was ok to watch but i wouldent watch that movie again

The Jett 01-30-04 11:13 PM

Its another retarded movie tryna portray hip-hop....
8 mile with dancing, and there's always 1 white guy

Word Definate 01-30-04 11:14 PM

was supposed to see it tonight...but it sold out....previews are dope tho n looks like somethin to check out

Dekhan Frost 01-30-04 11:14 PM

This is coming from a dancer! Did you even see the movie? Your probly one of those guys who sit on the wall and say dancing is gay. Huh? There is alot of bboy'n in this movie.

See the movie first. Then say something Sir/Madam.

Dekhan Frost 01-30-04 11:15 PM

some of the best dancers are white ass
I'm black and know that.
Next hater!

It 01-30-04 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Word Definate
was supposed to see it tonight...but it sold out....previews are dope tho n looks like somethin to check out

ehh like i said its ok but i wouldent watch it twice

The Jett 01-30-04 11:17 PM

Im white stupid....
I hate white people who try an act black....
Its retarded....
Thats why this movie is dumb...
it's like "Bring it on" for boys

Dekhan Frost 01-30-04 11:19 PM

Middle wieght" Much respect dun! I like when people have respect. And share there opinion without downing other. I would for the dance steps. But, if i weren't a dancer. I wouldn't watch it twice either.

It 01-30-04 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsonJetX2
Im white stupid....
I hate white people who try an act black....
Its retarded....
Thats why this movie is dumb...
it's like "Bring it on" for boys

yeah the movie didnt really have a good plot
they had a sense of adventure for teenagers and shit but
all teenagers wanna do now a days is smoke weed and have sex

Thrust 01-30-04 11:25 PM

^damn right

Dekhan Frost 01-30-04 11:26 PM

You are where the racism start's. I knew you where white from your comment. Just as you could guess i am black by the way i comment on this thread. They aren't trying to act BLACK. Dick Wodd. LOL. they are simply Dancing hip-hop. If thats the case. Why are you on this site. Don't you think only Black Guys should be on this site. No! I didn't think so. Open your mind. There are actors. For instance. When i am in the hood I have to be tough. But, when i am on the dance floor. I am harder. But, dancing isn't thug. Yet, again when i am at work I act as if i were raised by white parents. So, does that make me an actor. No that's just the environment i was raised in. Never mind. When stupid racist people like you die. the world will be a better place.

Dekhan Frost 01-30-04 11:30 PM

You are where the racism start's. I knew you where white from your comment. Just as you could guess i am black by the way i comment on this thread. They aren't trying to act BLACK. Dick Wodd. LOL. they are simply Dancing hip-hop. If thats the case. Why are you on this site. Don't you think only Black Guys should be on this site. No! I didn't think so. Open your mind. There are actors. For instance. When i am in the hood I have to be tough. But, when i am on the dance floor. I am harder. But, dancing isn't thug. Yet, again when i am at work I act as if i were raised by white parents. So, does that make me an actor. No that's just the environment i was raised in. Never mind. When stupid racist people like you die. the world will be a better place

It 01-30-04 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekhan Frost
You are where the racism start's. I knew you where white from your comment. Just as you could guess i am black by the way i comment on this thread. They aren't trying to act BLACK. Dick Wodd. LOL. they are simply Dancing hip-hop. If thats the case. Why are you on this site. Don't you think only Black Guys should be on this site. No! I didn't think so. Open your mind. There are actors. For instance. When i am in the hood I have to be tough. But, when i am on the dance floor. I am harder. But, dancing isn't thug. Yet, again when i am at work I act as if i were raised by white parents. So, does that make me an actor. No that's just the environment i was raised in. Never mind. When stupid racist people like you die. the world will be a better place.

yea thats pretty much true but there is flaws in what you just said so .....

Dekhan Frost 01-30-04 11:33 PM

you're right, I did it quick

The Jett 01-30-04 11:33 PM

he called me a dik wodd...omg....
and a racist....
what did u expect from sucha stupid thread, seriously
talk some logic insteada gettin angry at some one on the internet bashing ur favorite new pg-13 flick....

Dekhan Frost 01-30-04 11:37 PM

lol. Come on man.

I am debating with you. And, that makes me look more of a fool than it does you. So, point to you. But, I put this out for people who love the art of dance. Not for an argument. So i am sorry for the rude comment.

The Jett 01-30-04 11:38 PM

ok no prob

MuhThugga 01-30-04 11:39 PM

Quote:

That is one of the most retarded statements I have ever heard in my life.

It 01-30-04 11:39 PM

Lmmfao^

T West 01-30-04 11:42 PM

truthfully, i didn't like the movie. There were some tight breakdancing moves...but a lot of it was stupid. And the plot...pointless. And don't say I know shit, because I used to be a b-boy myself, and I know what break dancing is all about. Sadly, I think they didn't capture the hip hop culture at all...it's like a watered-down version so the teens of today who noe nothing about hip hop at all...can relate to it.

The movie was ok...Except der was a lot of sexy g's der tho.

Dekhan Frost 01-30-04 11:48 PM

I did i quick. I didnt fully think it thru. But, there is truth in every sentence. I am an aggresive dancer. In the streets i am from. The family members i have are in a lifestyle that i try to stay away from. But, when there i have to hold my own. In the work place. Older white and Black males are afraid of when a young black male is to aggresive in the job i work. Because, I am a threat. Not only by societies label. But, also because i am a hard worker, smart, and more qualified than they are. I just got out of the army and that just adds more to what my resume says about me.

Dekhan Frost 01-30-04 11:55 PM

It's a start. You hit the youth. Like with the other guy I am not here to argue. I love to dance. And I wanted to see if there were anyother bboys in the place that may have saw this.

I know that not everybody may have had the chance to get out of the country. Has anybody heard of the world hip hop competition. If you ever get a chance to see this event. You would see what hip hop sould be in america. Besides that It is a great event. Look it up.

Sir Q. Layshun 01-31-04 12:19 AM

This Movie Looks GAY

EyI-SyTeZ 01-31-04 12:58 AM

I'm goin to see it tomorrow night

Hope I aint disappointed

wogzta 01-31-04 05:13 AM

Generally I dont like movies about dance... but if it has breakdancing, i might check it out...

And on another note, I'm sick and tired of hearing "hes trying to be black". get a fucking life already... just because a white guy is part of hip-hop culture doesnt mean he is trying to be black.

Transmogrify 01-31-04 09:05 AM

I made a thread about this last week and this movie has nothing to do with b-boying

MuhThugga 01-31-04 10:41 AM

Quote:
I did i quick. I didnt fully think it thru. But, there is truth in every sentence.

And the thing is that I tried to pull out sentences of your previous statement that accentuated my response to calling the most retarded statment I have ever heard....

And I failed......

I'll give you a point for being able to flow the retardation thru out the entire statement.

C-Section 01-31-04 12:53 PM

i wont watch it. it probabley doesnt even represent breakdancing the way it is. just like the MTV battles, its something they give the pop fans and make them think thats what its about when its really there shitty false version that they are tring to jam down peoples throat and make them think its how it is cause they dont know any better

self 01-31-04 12:56 PM

I'll watch Dirty Dancing instead. :rolleyes:

.:FiorZ:. 01-31-04 01:45 PM

breakdancing is hip hop.............
dancin' battles are gd 2 watch

Mental God 01-31-04 01:51 PM

to me, this sounds like that cherrleading movie "Bring It On"

they just change the white girls to black males

and cheerleading to hip hop

voulla we have another multimillion dollar movie

Feeble Minded 01-31-04 01:55 PM

haha... im not watching the shit... i dont really care if its good or not...

.:FiorZ:. 01-31-04 02:01 PM

^^werd

it prolly' aint out in uk anyway....lol

lame ass cinemas

Holmes Jr. 01-31-04 02:13 PM

Ima watch it just to see how wack it truly is

90Milez 01-31-04 02:21 PM

Yes b2k is gay...
but they can dance, and da movie is strait fire wit the moves. N-e one who says this movie is gay, is cuz either u tryina be da man and say "Ohh b2k is gay" or u dont like dancin... dem niggaz pull off sum dope shit, hands down. Fuck it this wuz better den 8 mile.