RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Konquest Lyricist League (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=242)
-   -   You Need To Read This. (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=204535)

Magic5 08-15-05 08:18 PM

You Need To Read This.

This shit is pissing me off.

Here is my proposal; Right now this league resets records. No playoffs. Nothing further. But, before you post up all this bullshit about "no man, its been 13 weeks already!!" think about what this "season" has meant to you. Let me explain not only what I meant in that last sentence, but why I think this idea should take place;

First, to explain what I meant when I said "think about what this season has meant to you." This league is planning to head to playoffs in two weeks, but, if you're the person who wins, is it really that big of an accomplishment? Look at the history of this league. The first 4 weeks or so were awesome.. then KORV 2 hit, and this league died. I did my best to bring it back, but it has not worked. This league is now plagued with no shows, people not giving a fuck anymore, and the league seems to be getting smaller every week.

I don't see the point in taking a league to a "playoff" or single elimination tournament when this league is inactive as fuck, and nobody really gives a damn about it. Take last week for example, the HW battle got 1 vote. I saw at least 3 other battles where there was 2 votes or less. On top of that there were about 5 no shows. And I am saying that nobody really gives a shit because either you state it before you post your verse, or I can look at the statistics and see that the people in the top 6 of the rankings have stayed there since this league was brought back. Nothing ever fucking changes. FuxJustAWord and Hotshh! have battled 6 times in 13 weeks.. and they would be battling this week again. I'd like to think that 6 people give a shit about this league, but maybe its whoever gives less of a shit loses these battles. I know some of you have posted every which.. maybe 2-5 of you have, and that is why I was contemplating on whether or not to make this thread. But then I realized 2-5 people trying, doesn't make a league.

So, my proposition to solve this problem; reset records right now. Erase everybody signed in, signed out, and banned (except for the people who bit or cheat), and just start over. And, I know what most of you are thinking is your main reason for not wanting to do it. "Oh, but Mimesis, that means I just wasted all those lines!!" One, there is no such thing as "wasting" lines. Text is all about experience, so nothing is really a waste. Two, I doubt most of you have used gigantic amouts of lines you really tried on anyway. Some of you have, but most of you have either gotten into quite a few no show battles, no show yourself, or just dont give a shit.

I think re-setting everything would be the best thing. I think records should have been reset right after KORV, but I wouldn't to see if this league could get back on its feet. It's turned out, that it hasn't.Now, I am expecting people to disagree with me, and please do it, but state why and I will do my best to counter it.

But, one of two things is going to happen now. One, people agree with me, in which case I can make a sign up thread on Wednesday or Thursday. I would also make a few polls to see about editing a few of the rules. Or two, everybody disagrees with me and Soul Rebel can move this into Closed Battles and set this week's battles up tomorrow night. It doesn't really matter to me, but this league is looking terrible and as a mod and one of the people who runs it, I needed to address the problems.

So, just speek freely, whether you agree or disagree. I'll be back throughout tonight, and back on tomorrow night to address any concerns you may have.

Thanks for your time.
-Mimesis

~Luciano~ 08-15-05 08:38 PM

I really dont think that u should reset the recs

some peeps tried hard 2 make it 2 the playoffs

i kno i aint drop as hard as i could in some battles

but im still gone make the playoffs....and thats
unfair 2 the kids that will make the playoffs..

if u No show...u get kicked Out.....that should
of been the rule from Jump Street...if they dont care
we dont need them here....

TeamOne 08-15-05 08:41 PM

YES, PLEASE DO THIS.......... and u can do random matches, but i swear to god that if me and Hotshh are "randomly" in a battle next week, i will sign out....... its gettin ridiculous especially wen we arent gettin any votes on the battles either

TeamOne 08-15-05 08:45 PM

keep in mind that i have been on the top of the league in points since i got here......... im not sure about this upcomin week, since hot mightve finally taken me over (unless more people came in after, yet another, one vote HW title) but i was number 1 in points every week.....granted a few people matched me in gettin KOs in the first two weeks, but after week 3 i was never again even tied with someone in points, but leader on my own.......... AND I SAY WE START THIS SHIT OVER........ wen ive prolly worked the hardest outa everyone in this league

L.I. 08-15-05 09:02 PM

just let me run the league ;) id whoop that ass

MiSk 08-15-05 09:08 PM

i got no say man....... yur the top man in charge.... if you dont feel like doing it, dont do it....
i hear ya on the no-shows.... i joined this league late but my first, and only, 2 battles i won due to no show........ that aint fun.......

so......... do what ya like

Magic5 08-15-05 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuxJustAWord
YES, PLEASE DO THIS.......... and u can do random matches, but i swear to god that if me and Hotshh are "randomly" in a battle next week, i will sign out....... its gettin ridiculous especially wen we arent gettin any votes on the battles either

HW battles are not random.

Hotshh! is ahead of you by one point right now.. which pretty much means this week you two would be battling for the 7th time.

I made this thread because I don't like it either, but if a shit load of people disagree with me, then I can't really do anything about it. The majority will win yo.

TeamOne 08-15-05 09:15 PM

^^^^^^^ no no no....... i meant if u RESTART the league im just askin u to not randomely have me and Hotshh battlin.... like if it happens that were matched together, just put our names back in the hat and draw again ;) ... untill it gets into title fights again and we may have to battle mathematically

DoContinue 08-15-05 09:43 PM

i really think you should reset this league... bc all these fuckin no shows and shit are irritating. NOBODY votes... you should really enforce the voting a lil better the next time around. i like the point system but to discourage no shows, u should be put on probation for the next week. about ppl that are already banned, i think they should stay banned if it was for noshowing or cheating... i guess freeposting isnt that big of a problem tho. i think my opinion should be taken into good consideration seeing that its coming from someone who started about 8 or 9 weeks back and never no-showed. im one of the ppl you were talking about who actually care. i take this league seriously but i see that others dont. maybe to be sure that we will have active members, you could have some special sign up requirements ( i dont know what they would be) that would help us determine who is serious about the league.
i dont really care about the recs bc if ur really good, then you should be able to get a good rec again...
V/ Reset the league...
p.s.
V/ no more Hot & Fux battles... did u read that shit from last week? definately not either's best...

NaRc-UzI 08-15-05 09:54 PM

i know ya prolly dont give a fuck what i think but i think this is a good idea so the new cats in the RV would have a chance to be at #1

Magic5 08-15-05 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuxJustAWord
^^^^^^^ no no no....... i meant if u RESTART the league im just askin u to not randomely have me and Hotshh battlin.... like if it happens that were matched together, just put our names back in the hat and draw again ;) ... untill it gets into title fights again and we may have to battle mathematically

Lol. I gotcha. I wouldn't match you two up if we reset the records. :wtf: You guys were my example of how nobody above really the top 6 cares.. lmao. I wouldnt match you guys up.

Magic5 08-15-05 10:04 PM

Alright, and so;

3 want to restart the league
1 does not

MiSk, you should have a say.. Im not participating in the league, but I do want it to actually work without all these gay problems.

Upping for more people to drop in their 2 cents.

Magic5 08-15-05 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoContinue
i really think you should reset this league... bc all these fuckin no shows and shit are irritating. NOBODY votes... you should really enforce the voting a lil better the next time around. i like the point system but to discourage no shows, u should be put on probation for the next week. about ppl that are already banned, i think they should stay banned if it was for noshowing or cheating... i guess freeposting isnt that big of a problem tho. i think my opinion should be taken into good consideration seeing that its coming from someone who started about 8 or 9 weeks back and never no-showed. im one of the ppl you were talking about who actually care. i take this league seriously but i see that others dont. maybe to be sure that we will have active members, you could have some special sign up requirements ( i dont know what they would be) that would help us determine who is serious about the league.
i dont really care about the recs bc if ur really good, then you should be able to get a good rec again...
V/ Reset the league...
p.s.
V/ no more Hot & Fux battles... did u read that shit from last week? definately not either's best...

Yeah, if records are reset I'm going to be enforcing a 4 link vote rule. Well, even if records aren't reset I'll be enforcing that. Shit is ridiculous.

But nah, I'd clear the people from the banned list who no showed. There can be many factors to why people couldn't show, and when the league was brought back a lot of people had forgotten about this league.

So, it's whatever. Thanks for your input.

Nynth Degree 08-15-05 11:41 PM

Well when I was the only mod, I had a rule that if you no-showed 3 weeks in a row you'd be banned.

TeamOne 08-15-05 11:46 PM

ohhhhhhhhh and if u start the league as it is........ fuckin sign me out for this one..... and maybe the next week too

Nynth Degree 08-15-05 11:52 PM

I think we should've actually done playoffs a while ago, so me Fux and hot wouldn't have wasted so much creativity battling each other 100's of times.

Magic5 08-16-05 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Degree
Well when I was the only mod, I had a rule that if you no-showed 3 weeks in a row you'd be banned.

Yeah, and that is what we've been doing.. and we've been having 2-3 no shows in a row from the same people.

Plus, when you were the only mod this league was actually active. KORV 2 owned the shit out of the progress of this league.

Cocaine 08-16-05 01:57 AM

i agree completely with this.. cause im actually in this shit full hearted.. and i joined late.. with no hopes of playoffs.. so its something for me to work towards..

E.C 08-16-05 02:59 AM

ye man ill idea. reset the league. alot of people will start trying then becuz alot of peeps joined too late to make the playoffs so they didnt bother trying. so ye please to reset the recs

N.Tavarez 08-16-05 08:49 AM

so no more battles?

damn all that for nothing

so would i be accurate to say Im the last champ of this KLL?

really was lookin forward to the p offs

E.C 08-16-05 09:20 AM

lol... i was never gonna make trhe playoffs anywayz. good job ya startin it agen.. when the battles getting set up?

Plushface 08-16-05 09:51 AM

i agree with restarting the league. i joined too late to try and compete in the play-offs. so itll be something to work hard for.

N.Tavarez 08-16-05 09:56 AM

well mimesis at least give some type of KLL closer, like a mag or something...........dont just shut it....

cuz i aint re signing up for the new KLL.....hmm well maybe i will...havent decided if i want to start ALL OVER...to battle the same people on the way up

Dirty Nigga 08-16-05 11:01 AM

Besides you Mim, who out of the mods for this league actually helps out with it?

Sean Gunner 08-16-05 11:34 AM

I just joined, so I don't care. It might help, but with Coast Wars it might not. All depends. I say yes.

Magic5 08-16-05 02:46 PM

Coast Wars are gay.

If you are joining Coast Wars over this you should shoot yourself in the face.

Magic5 08-16-05 02:47 PM

Hotshh!, I can make a mag to highlight the 13 weeks.. I'll start working on that later tonight, and have it up by around Friday or Saturday.

Magic5 08-16-05 02:48 PM

Considering right now favors are highly swayed into just resetting records, that's what I'll do. I'm making a sign up thread and reseting the records.

Everybody who wants to participate needs to sign up again.

Battles will go up on Sunday night if enough people signed up.

Typical 08-16-05 03:05 PM

i know that i've no showed but it was never on some fuck it shit...there was always a reason...i dont have constant access and like writing my shit at the pc...i havent prewrite on this site in a looooong time, so its not like i dont care...if u start the league over i'll have a chance to be on top without having to play catchup, however, i fcould see why somepoeple wont want it... either way coo wit me

Nynth Degree 08-16-05 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal Shoota
Besides you Mim, who out of the mods for this league actually helps out with it?

Soul Rebel and myself.

Word @ KORV2, 'cuz I was focusing on my battles each week instead of setting up KLL. Sorry guys. :(

N.Tavarez 08-16-05 05:41 PM

*says goodbye to the belt that took him all season to earn and keep*

dear KLL i know you gonna miss me
cuz we go together like Nike airs and crisp tees......

please show the same love to my friends
lol im just playing ...i'll be back

Magic5 08-16-05 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal Shoota

Soul Rebel and 9th Degree and shit.

I guess Socrates got too cool for this or something..

MC Firetruck 08-16-05 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshh!
*says goodbye to the belt that took him all season to earn and keep*

dear KLL i know you gonna miss me
cuz we go together like Nike airs and crisp tees......

please show the same love to my friends
lol im just playing ...i'll be back

Yo what up ho, I mean hot.

N.Tavarez 08-16-05 06:06 PM

Whats a MC Firetruck?

Magic5 08-16-05 06:55 PM

It's a firetruck that puts out the hottest MC's.

King Solo 08-16-05 11:12 PM

and to throw in my 2 cents.......

i agree fully with the resetting of the league, no-shows got gay and i tried to help y'all out by PM'ing people reminding them but that didn't seem to work, maybe some people are just ignorant fuckas. shame about the playoffs because i was looking forward to them, but oh well its no biggie. Starting it all over will be cool because as people have stated, the people who recently signed in will be up for it because they will have a chance of making playoffs.

moving on, for those people who got banned for cheating or biting should not be allowed back in cuz we don't want that kind of shit in here. as for the no-shows, people should be banned for lie 2-3 weeks if they no-show say 3 times in the league, not in a row, but 3 times at any point and then they're fuckin outta here.
also, when title matches come around it should be like if a person loses a title match then the following week they should not qualify for any kind of title at all so they would just get a standard battle, then the week after they would once again be eligible for a title shot. Or you could have some shit like if they lose a LW or MW title match they are ineligible for one week, and if they lose a HW title match they are ineligible for two weeks, something like that.

next up, i think that when you restart the league you should reintroduce the specialty matches that used to happen in the old, old league.......ie - the forced word battles, you could also have themed battles (ie - dissing your opponent using a certain type of theme for those who dont know)

Points wise, you should have something like this.....
Win by KO = 3pts
Win = 2pts
Draw = 1pt
Loss = -1pt
No-Showing = -2pts

i think i covered everything, oh actually, seeing as though socrates doesn't do shit in here anymore you cud think of appointing a new mod, one who is active......like me :D or whoeva you feel is qualified. :thumbup:

Magic5 08-16-05 11:53 PM

Alright, in response..

Every no show people will be suspended for 2 weeks, and then after those 2 weeks, moved into the signed out list. Most people figure out you should be signing if they no show, lose 2 weeks, and drop 5-10 spots in the rankings.

I checked before I deleted the rankings thread.. everybody who was banned was either banned for freeposting or triple no showing.. so I just cleared it. I'll give those people another chance. Nobody there was banned for cheating or biting.

I think I'm gonna straight up jack that losing a title idea, though. This KLL season and the next season in PLL I'll probably use that. That's a good idea.

I get the Forced Word Matches, but explain further about Theme matches. What the shit constitutes a good theme for a battle? If I start getting ideas and shit if you explain to me what a good theme is, then I'll probably do some of those every once in a while.

And as far as the point system goes, that's probably what is going to happen.. except 0 points for a draw. If you can't earn the win you shouldn't earn points.

Thanks for your feedback though.

King Solo 08-17-05 12:05 AM

Themed Battles

....simple really.......sort of like a topical, only dissing your opponent instead of doing some deep, emotional piece.

EXAMPLE.

Theme: Weapons

each bar would have to incorporate some kind of shit to do with weapons whether you are using a weapon as a metaphor or just doing straight up shit talking like "Yeah, I'm a blast ya with gats n shit like that" <--MARV STYLE!!

and if the theme was weapons it can be anything, like a baseball bat, gun, sword, billy club, hammer or whatever.......if it was to be just on guns then the theme would be Guns.
also, if you can incorporate it into a personal then its even better.

quick bar as an example.......so pardon the wackness cuz its only an example...

"bitch i cut deep with my switchblade, watch me spill out ya guts"
"and fuck a wrench to the head, I'll come and screw up ya nuts"

.....or is it a spanner that screws nuts and bolts....i can't remember but you get the idea...LoL!!

King Solo 08-17-05 12:11 AM

Possible Themes Would Be Like........

- Weapons (or a particular type of weapon, IE - blades, guns....etc)
- Warzone (basically dropping bars based around a warzone type of situation)
- Boxing (dropping bars relating to a boxing match or anything that relates to boxing)
- Murder (drop bars based around murdering your opponent)

....Then you've got other themes you could use, more comical ones like,

- Diss Yourself (you should get that)
- Self-Glorification (obvious, and just for laughs, see who does it better)
- Glorify Your Opponent (self-explanatory)

....Then you've got your more basic simple themes.....

- Wordplay Battle
- Personals Battle

...and so on....

Magic5 08-17-05 12:20 AM

Yeah, I got you.. I'll probably get a few of those going and shit.