RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Audio Battles (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   LAWD HAVE MERCY vs 20 GRAND (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=195325)

LAWD HAVE MERCY 06-15-05 04:26 PM

LAWD HAVE MERCY vs 20 GRAND

Battle Rules:

6 - UNLIMITED Lines
No Crew Votes
No Recycling
No Biting

Minimum posts to vote: 20

Check in by: 06-18-05 at 04:26 PM

Must drop verse in 4320 minutes after check in.

System 06-15-05 05:49 PM

20 GraND has ACCEPTED this battle on 06-15-05 05:49 PM.

20 GraND 06-15-05 05:49 PM

http://www.soundclick.com/20grand\

k there it is

System 06-15-05 06:32 PM

LAWD HAVE MERCY has ACCEPTED this battle on 06-15-05 06:32 PM.

LAWD HAVE MERCY 06-15-05 06:35 PM

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/lawd2004_music.htm

Mikez 06-15-05 06:56 PM

Voted For: LAWD HAVE MERCY

lawd str8 owned this battle....flow....delivery...energy......and wordplay.....the beat was sickening.....i was feelin the punches that came from lik every angle.....20 on the other hand.....u didn't rerally have many punches......u ddi have one...or 2 but a lot was jus some ok lines.....ll cool j line was gay...didn't like that one bit....ok battle....but yea.....

vote=lawd have mercy

Vote disqualified for inadequate feedback. Please see this thread if you need help on what qualifies as an acceptable explanation.

Dervla 06-15-05 07:00 PM

This was feedback posted for 20 GraND

Alright nice track here but i gots to point out that LL cool J did not beat canibus......get your facts str8..........

Peace.........

Castro... 06-15-05 08:27 PM

This was feedback posted for LAWD HAVE MERCY

checkin poll/.............................................

WICKEDCLOVVN 06-15-05 11:02 PM

Voted For: 20 GraND

this was an ok battle.... breakdown:

20 Gs- Good beat.... im feelin that... flow was on as usual and didnt fall once.. your voice fits the beat perfect. lyrics were good but ive heard better from you... you used ok vocab and had some good metaz in there to... overall you had a fairly good verse... wish this would have gone down in the tourney..... 7/10

Lawd- intro is TO LONG... beat is good... you had some ok punches and personals but overall lyrics could have been better... you change ya voice when you start to spit... you go from smooth to raspy and raw and it dosent fit at all... its like your trying to sound like DMX or some shit... you yelled to much... metaz were ok and vocab was pretty good... all in all was ok but could have been better.... 5/10

overall this was an ok battle... 20 came harder and had an overall better verse... no hate on this shit but thats just how i see shit......

VOTE- 20 grand

...Voke... 06-15-05 11:08 PM

chizeching polls.............................................

{Propain} 06-16-05 01:54 AM

Lawd took this battle wihtout a doubt. He had the better flow and I was just feeling his shit alot better. He also had better mic presence. 20 Grand, you came alright but your flow was off at sometimes and you didnt come as hard.

So basically, Lawd takes this because he had better flow and better mic presence on there. Good shit guys and stay up.

Vote- Lawd Have Mercy

Vote disqualified for inadequate feedback. Please see this thread if you need help on what qualifies as an acceptable explanation.

New Meth0d 06-16-05 09:00 AM

checkin polls and whatnot.....cause i dont vote because im too cool to vote

Key... 06-16-05 12:26 PM

intro- was nice..lol
Flow was nice, "rippin yo heart"..."am beyond text"..lol man....this was well done, personals was there but punches stood out made me laugh..lol

20- "LL cool j" was nice, flow was aite, could done lil betta u kno me i judge hard fam, personals was there, "u be in the game so long" was cool etc......i think it was shorter but its wuteva..." i think to be honest 20 u came short on this one cuz u could come harder fam i know u.

Lawd u came aite aswell on otha boards u came harder but ama go wit lawd fo the followin reason "punches" yes that is what wins an audio battle.

V/lawd

[.:D:.] 06-16-05 01:28 PM

man 20 betta not be winnin..but im not gonna vote...ckuz it might actually be a hate vote..lol..

Debit 06-17-05 10:32 PM

i'ma have to give this to 20 grand...his punches seemed harder...his delivery is flawless and his flow is hella good...he had some nice punches...i'ma savage while u ain't even half of a sandwhich...any album's u got are like bleach stains they ain't coming out...i expected alot harder from lawd have mercy the way everyone was hyping u up...punches could have been better...that's what lost it for u was lack of good attacking punches...no hate...real talk

20 gets this in my opinion

Ca'lam 06-18-05 01:02 AM

ayo... i lsitened to both..

Lawd HAVE MERCY - i was actually feeling you.. ya delivery was hot.. Rhyme scheme was pretty dope.. for real.. im tired of being able to guess what people say next, and i didnt do that as often with your verse.. so thats a big plus.. most niggas are to common.. lyrics were nice.. some nice punches.. the opening couple of bars were tight.. this middle was eh. was aight.. the end was nice tho.. overall Decent Battle verse.. 7 or so out of ten..

20 Grand - aight.. beat was nice.. quality gettin better.. openin bars i wasent feelin for real.. so far im really not hearin any connecting punches.. at 50 seconds i got mroe into it.. the newport line was aight.. sandwhich line aight.. man im really not a fan of thug theme in songs.. lol specially when you the nigga aint a thug and dont shoot shit.. its ok to hard, but claiming hood and shit is annoying as fuck.. for real... and i heard some played ass punches in there.. actually,. i know wehere i heard like your last few barss lol... smack DVD murda mook used the bleach or beach stained or w/e he said line.. w/e tho.. overall i thought this was just makin decent as a verse..

over all - i thought originality went to lawd by far.. i just feel he overall had more of a battle verse.. 20 had alot of noticable filler.. over i just feel that LAWD had better rhyme schemes and enjoyability as well as lyrics..

Gotta give it to better verse - Lawd

20 GraND 06-18-05 02:18 PM

^ u thought dat was hood? LOL ....sad....
gsus not 1 thing mentioned even close to dat
gg

LAWD HAVE MERCY 06-18-05 09:42 PM

if propains vote was not allowed debits should'nt...
if propains Vote was disqualified for inadequate feedback.
debits was no better..

WICKEDCLOVVN 06-18-05 10:35 PM

debits was longer and had more detail than propains vote... hence why it was removed and debits wasnt

Mikez 06-21-05 11:45 PM

i gotta muthaphucin question

Quote:

i'ma have to give this to 20 grand...his punches seemed harder...his delivery is flawless and his flow is hella good...he had some nice punches...i'ma savage while u ain't even half of a sandwhich...any album's u got are like bleach stains they ain't coming out...i expected alot harder from lawd have mercy the way everyone was hyping u up...punches could have been better...that's what lost it for u was lack of good attacking punches...no hate...real talk

20 gets this in my opinion

Quote:

lawd str8 owned this battle....flow....delivery...energy......and wordplay.....the beat was sickening.....i was feelin the punches that came from lik every angle.....20 on the other hand.....u didn't rerally have many punches......u ddi have one...or 2 but a lot was jus some ok lines.....ll cool j line was gay...didn't like that one bit....ok battle....but yea.....

vote=lawd have mercy

other than the vote....i don't see how these are different......and that link in the dq thing aint workin....so im lost explain this 2 me`

LAWD HAVE MERCY 06-22-05 04:09 PM

EXACTLY!!......glad i'am not the only one to see that

20 GraND 06-22-05 04:11 PM

idk i never pmed strobe about it either... ask him i guess..
but we need to keep upping this lawd
JEA

Ill-Grammatix 07-01-05 02:51 PM

lmao... yo, that shyt was hot son...

yo 20, i think ya underestimated this dude... he straight killed everything you dropped in ya verse...

"walking out ya life like ya pops did"....ouch... he had some other killer lines in there.... flow was better than yours... his punches hit a lot harder... i mean, overall, his attack was just more effective and more consistent...bar after bar... no comparison....LHM got this hands down

Reach. 07-01-05 05:16 PM

Alright... Lawd the talkin in the beggining gotta stop, thats kinda silly made me laugh more than think..."o he's hard". After that, well your punches and metiphores were pretty good. Sound like canibus actually. Pretty nice, Flow perfect. Nuttin to knock except the Intro.

20. ok flow, lil lower than Lawd's. Gets a little bit old. Again not bad, jus the repetativeness of the flow gets a lil annoying. Words come out ur mouth a lil slow as well.

Ima have to go with Lawd here. Even with the corny Intro. Lol.

Drop sum Honest votes on my Battle with ^^..^^ when he drops. Thanks. -1

DaBomb-/a/ 07-01-05 08:48 PM

Vocab: grand
Complexity: grand
multis: Lawd
Wordplay: Lawd
personal: grand

Grand got this one.. nice battle tho..

Sixth Sense 07-06-05 09:57 AM

an aigh battle but really it was weak didnt feel it that much but tha person who i think got this cuz he just had a betta flow betta words though it was weak its 20 grand but still both of yall keep practicin aight but my v/ goes to 20

bdotones 07-06-05 01:14 PM

20 Grands flow is serious, clearly crushed this cat, but I can't here lord have mercy so i can't vote...put ya battle as an mp3 man

LAWD HAVE MERCY 07-06-05 07:03 PM

This Battle Should Be Closed...

The Vote Counter Is Wrong..it's Already 5-3...that Vote Just Made It 5-4.. 5 Votes Win..it's A Wrap.. A Mod Needs To Close This..

Mad Dog 07-07-05 06:49 PM

Lawd Have Mercy: Listening...beat...Immortal Tech beat aight...emotion is aight lil forced but it's aight...punches are aight groundhog day bar was aight...personals are few coulda had more...delivery is coo a lil gangstafied lol...d/r in a suitcase was aight lol overall aight verse you better than i was expecting...P.S if this is the wrong track then my bad jus the soundclick you posted up this was the only one i could see...if this is the wrong one...then best show me the other one (if it's there) so i can edit accordingly...quality = dope and i played on lo fi

20 Grand...lol your vote knocked me out of Got Skillz...:-D...Listening...oh i know this ain't the wrong verse as both look like tourney verses...but anyway...beat crunk...a lil better as a diss beat...sound a lil clearer...quality ain't as good but clear nuff...dark cloud bar aight...lol @ run down barber shop lol...that was dope...lol @ 1/2 a sandwich...you came differently this time more comical i like that decent closer...i can see why this went to the wire...close one but IMO...

V/20 Grand both were good drops and it sucks being the DECIDER but 20 had a lil more comical side to his verse...and to be honest i like that in battles than your regular ima shoot ya shit.

RTF vs E.C in my sig within 3 days or vote removed :thumbup: