RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Open letter to Bush from an Arab girl (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=232822)

N.Tavarez 08-03-06 10:34 AM

Open letter to Bush from an Arab girl

President Bush,

It has become extremely difficult to give you the benefit of the doubt on Lebanon, for you have left no doubt in our minds. We are now certain — like many of us have always been — that your foreign policy is completely biased towards Israel, and you have made no effort to hide this fact. Just out of curiosity: are they also drafted in Tel Aviv?

It is your choice, Mr Bush, to support Israel, just like it is our — the entire Arab and Muslim world’s — choice to support Lebanon. You insist that Israel has the right to defend itself. Defending oneself, I believe, is a universal right, not exclusive to Israel.

"The first Qana massacre did not quench the Israeli thirst for blood," it is said, graphically describing yet another Israeli crime against the innocents of Lebanon. In Qana, 57 armless, defenseless civilians died in an Israeli air strike, 37 of them were children. Maybe these numbers don’t matter to you, Mr Bush; they are mere numbers of the nameless Lebanese dead. But they matter to more than 200 million Arabs in the Middle East.

I quote our late president, Shaikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, who in 1973 had said, "Arab oil is not dearer than Arab blood." But it seems that Iraqi oil is dearer than American blood. I am somewhat relieved to arrive at this conclusion. At least there’s no racism against a certain group of people. Everybody is a potential sacrifice to secure US interests, even if it means sacrificing a whole nation.

No, Mr Bush, we will not accept, nor will we allow the sacrifice of more Lebanese civilians. A ceasefire should have been enforced two weeks ago. Was there a need for 37 children to die before you decided it was time for a ceasefire? How many more, Mr Bush, should die before you decide to stop sending those bloody weapons to Israel? Perhaps we can afford a sacrifice that will rein in your generosity towards Israel permanently.

We have a dream for a new Middle East. Not the "New Middle East" that you’ve been brainstorming in your Oval Office. It is the new Middle East that Middle Easterners have been dreaming of; a Middle East with no violence, and no US-made weapons to fuel that violence. It is a dream only we, Middle Easterners, are allowed to dream and realise it.

In Arabic we have a saying that goes, "They murder the murdered and walk in his funeral." Allow me to interpret this for you, Mr Bush: Your precision-guided missiles shipment has arrived in Tel Aviv. These missiles will "precisely" fall onto Lebanese villages; kill hundreds; and displace thousands more. (Evidently, we’ve just witnessed the first "precise" target in Qana.)

Yet you have "compassionately" been able to send aid to Beirut, at the same time, with supplies for the thousands of people directly and fatally affected by your vocal, (im)moral and military support for Israel. Please include US flags in your aid shipment to Beirut; they must have burned all the US flags in stock.

Mr Bush, Lebanon can and will be rebuilt, but lost lives cannot be restored. Your credibility and your government’s credibility have long been lost — irretrievably lost like those lost innocent lives. People will not forget this though. They will not turn the other cheek; they will retaliate — just like you had chosen to retaliate after 9/11. Retaliation is a value you have successfully promoted by putting it into practice, always.

I was born too late to see how the British Empire had collapsed, but right on time to see how the American Empire is falling apart. Mr Bush, You will surely be remembered in history for hastening that process.

With no more respect to offer,

Mira Al Hussein

Mira Al Hussein is a UAE national writer based in Dubai who has had a brief stint with the KT. She can be reached at Mira.AlHussein@zu.ac.ae

Terumoto 08-03-06 10:46 AM

...............owned.

Indeph 08-03-06 10:56 AM

I think I'm in love with her for some reason.

N.Tavarez 08-03-06 11:31 AM

it gets me upset that stupid LL threads
get more responses than real serious threads like this
if we dont spread awareness to whats going on in our world
how can we get upset when we lose our rights of free speech?
people are more concerned with useless shit
we should be concerned at the lack of concern
if that makes sense to you^

Indeph 08-03-06 11:34 AM

I DEFINETLY feel you. People don't really care on this site.

J Summers 08-03-06 11:38 AM

i could really give a fuck less if bush is shootin up a buncha muslims

Indeph 08-03-06 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Summers

N.Tavarez 08-03-06 11:41 AM

Quote:

case in point
but there will be a time you care
trust me
everything thats happening now is or will be relevant to you eventually
and it'll be too late to stop it

High-Dro 08-03-06 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
I think I'm in love with her for some reason.

hit that

Konvict_NYC 08-03-06 11:49 AM

Quote:

Nigga that's a bitch thing to say, Im muslim and that isss offensive even if it was on a stupid ass site..man i had respect fo yo music but as a person u can suck my black dick coward

Shear Kaughn 08-03-06 11:50 AM

so what exactly is this girl suggesting President Bush do?

i might of missed that?

J Summers 08-03-06 11:51 AM

there aint nothin i can do to stop bush from bieng an asshole for a president... not a damn thing... i can act like i give a shit and feel a little bit better...but there is no point in worrying myself over some stupid arabs shootin eachother when there are so many more important things to worry bout here on the homefront

Shear Kaughn 08-03-06 11:53 AM

J. Summers does have a good point there.....

J Summers 08-03-06 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konvict_NYC
Nigga that's a bitch thing to say, Im muslim and that isss offensive even if it was on a stupid ass site..man i had respect fo yo music but as a person u can suck my black dick coward

easy patna i wasnt trying to be offensive to muslims.... i could give a fuck less if bush was shootin up white people, austrailians, christians, cathlics, jews, whatever...my point was that there is nothing that one person can do...so there is no point in caring

Shear Kaughn 08-03-06 11:57 AM

The King of the North for President!!!

J Summers 08-03-06 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shear Kaughn
The King of the North for President!!!

oh snap kaughnyaman... that could be siggable...

Shear Kaughn 08-03-06 12:01 PM

sig it up.............!!!!!!!

N.Tavarez 08-03-06 12:04 PM

theres nothing ONE person can do
there is something WE ALL can do
theres power in numbers
but in order to gain power we need to raise awareness
the more people aware and upset at not just this but EVERYTHING
our leaders are doing or not doing
the more we can make a stand
tell a friend to tell a friend
http://www.scrippsnews.com/911poll
33% of americans distrust this gov't and the numbers are growing

GangsStarShit 08-03-06 12:08 PM

i got a story to tell this arab girl wrote to me
but
nobody believed that the arab girl wrote to me

J Summers 08-03-06 12:15 PM

I don't trust our government... but we live in a FREE country ... so think about that

Konvict_NYC 08-03-06 12:30 PM

Quote:
easy patna i wasnt trying to be offensive to muslims.... i could give a fuck less if bush was shootin up white people, austrailians, christians, cathlics, jews, whatever...my point was that there is nothing that one person can do...so there is no point in caring

Aight yo I got tha wrong impression j, i thought u was like i cudnt careless for muslims because all i think of them is terrorists..i thought that was yo shit..but u dnt give a fuck about any1 cos no1 can do shit, I agree wit that i jus got tha wrong impression..we good

$wollzilla™ 08-03-06 12:42 PM

ay that girl is on some real shit
and that whole point about promoting retaliation is so true
shits gonna start gettin outta control

Shear Kaughn 08-03-06 01:03 PM

can't we all just get along

Kriptic 08-03-06 01:09 PM

that last part of the letter..where she says ,she wasent aroudn to see the british empire fall,but she'll be here to see the fall of the american___... idk soemthing like that... that part was good. haha not sayin i want it..im just sayin it was the best part of the letter, tooshay

Shear Kaughn 08-03-06 01:15 PM

i don't think the american government will fall anytime soon

Kriptic 08-03-06 01:26 PM

nah..not anytime soon..im just sayin

Indeph 08-03-06 01:41 PM

PEople are so fuckin heartless. THere's a whole lot ONE person can do. Just because you see yourselves as that weak and insignificant doesnt mean its impossible. I'm gonna try do what i can to stop this shit, if you people don't want to thats fine, but these arent "stupid arabs killing eachother". These are real people and if you don't care about their lives I hope they get their revenge on this country, cause im sure they wouldnt care either. So many fuckin people are dying, everyday, men women children everything. Their lives are in the middle of a battlefield and they cant have any peace, while we sit here talking on a computer about how much we dont give a fuck about them. Jesus christ who in the world made you people like this? It's just so, Fuck it why am I even wasting my time.

N.Tavarez 08-03-06 01:52 PM

Quote:
PEople are so fuckin heartless. THere's a whole lot ONE person can do. Just because you see yourselves as that weak and insignificant doesnt mean its impossible. I'm gonna try do what i can to stop this shit, if you people don't want to thats fine, but these arent "stupid arabs killing eachother". These are real people and if you don't care about their lives I hope they get their revenge on this country, cause im sure they wouldnt care either. So many fuckin people are dying, everyday, men women children everything. Their lives are in the middle of a battlefield and they cant have any peace, while we sit here talking on a computer about how much we dont give a fuck about them. Jesus christ who in the world made you people like this? It's just so, Fuck it why am I even wasting my time.

your not wasting your time
i feel you
thats why i post shit like this
theres people who care out there...............sadly not enough

Kriptic 08-03-06 01:59 PM

^^ im a perfect example of one of those people who dont care..sounds bad...but im speakin for most people on this site..im just being honest. sucks for them..it really does..but hey... im not in that position....and i gaurentee..andything you do Indeph..is gunna effect antyhing.. not een in ur town/state..let alone the world... buyt you can try..i respect that..

N.Tavarez 08-03-06 02:02 PM

but judging by your new sig
you agree with us
and you care

J Summers 08-03-06 02:05 PM

Quote:

no fuck that shit... why you concerned bout some people on the other side of the world... when you got americans dying everyday on our own fucking soil....and what you doing to prevent that.? not shit

Kriptic 08-03-06 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Tavarez
but judging by your new sig
you agree with us
and you care

nah... i just agree that our american goverment will fall. not soon but it will eventually..i just think shes right....idc about her people being bombed..if i did..i woulda put a nother part of her letter in there...

..its not even that i dont like busha nd thinking hes doing a bad job....hes a bit of a moron...but hey..thats an american president for ya...he's the average american. lol i love it..the way hes..so dumb most of the time...specailly...in KONVICTS..'cold war' music video he put together....the begginging..it funny..watch it if u havent..i got that video in my myspace shit..i love that video

Kriptic 08-03-06 02:10 PM

and i agree with jsummers. lol thought id add that

Indeph 08-03-06 03:27 PM

Quote:
no fuck that shit... why you concerned bout some people on the other side of the world... when you got americans dying everyday on our own fucking soil....and what you doing to prevent that.? not shit

Wtf I AM doing a shitload for that. Americans dying on their own soil require indivisual mental changes. EVerything in this country's violent aspect requires drugs gangs or race. Over there its a fuckin country thing with US attacking THEM for reasons that have nothing to do with what you're told. But you wont care anyways so forget it.

Indeph 08-03-06 03:28 PM

And wtf who the fuck are you to assume what I'm doing for my own country? You don't know shit about my life get the fuck out of here with that.

Kriptic 08-03-06 03:32 PM

stop getting so personal with it man...your not doing nething thats gunna eeffect shit is what..idk abotu jsummers..but im saying....i mean...that awasome that u wanna..and ur trying..but realistically..your not gunan change nothing.... i would tell you to help out here in the us..by supporting some cancer fund or soemthing..but that money isnt being used for shit. so dont waste ur money...

Indeph 08-03-06 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptic
stop getting so personal with it man...your not doing nething thats gunna eeffect shit is what..idk abotu jsummers..but im saying....i mean...that awasome that u wanna..and ur trying..but realistically..your not gunan change nothing.... i would tell you to help out here in the us..by supporting some cancer fund or soemthing..but that money isnt being used for shit. so dont waste ur money...

Rofl wtf are you kidding me? Who are you to say its impossible to do anything? They said that about the jewish and black slavery, they said that rappers gettin a grammy, they said that about walking the moon, and they said that about polio if u wanna talk about desease. Face it, it's not reality that keeps you or anyone else from doing anything, it's YOU. Your ability to tell yourself something can't be done so you feel better about sitting here as the world falls apart for your children and their children to pay for because you all were too lazy to do shit. :) yay

Kriptic 08-03-06 03:40 PM

Quote:
Rofl wtf are you kidding me? Who are you to say its impossible to do anything? They said that about the jewish and black slavery, they said that rappers gettin a grammy, they said that about walking the moon, and they said that about polio if u wanna talk about desease. Face it, it's not reality that keeps you or anyone else from doing anything, it's YOU. Your ability to tell yourself something can't be done so you feel better about sitting here as the world falls apart for your children and their children to pay for because you all were too lazy to do shit. :) yay

ok kid, once you stop all this bullshit in the middle east..let me know..so i can say my bad and take what i said back..but untill that happens... your not gunna effect shit.

please give me some examples of all the helpign and changes your done so far??
and ur plans for the futrue saving of this shitty situation....

because i can make a safe bet..not even the princible of an grade school would listen to you.

its nice you carew and wanna help..but its a dog eat dog world man.

J Summers 08-03-06 04:02 PM

kid.... if you got a problem with what america is doing... GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY COUNTRY...

Kriptic 08-03-06 04:10 PM

^ hahaha. yup... go over to ickblahville and help out if ya want..other words...keep sitting at your nice compter..in ur nice house...eating nice food..watching ur cable tv..hipocrit. lol