RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Hip Hop alternatives... (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=149211)

aberrant 09-12-04 06:23 PM

Hip Hop alternatives...

Imagine if Rap/Hip hop never got invented.........

What do u imagine yourself listenin 2?

I know for a fact i would be listenin 2 rock music. Maroon 5, union underground, blink 182, new found glory etc... i know it wud be that coz i listened to that kinda shit MADD up until about 14.

Anyways, this threads probably been done before but i dont know, wanna ssee peoples input n prefrences.....

Keith Moon 09-12-04 06:26 PM

I would probably be listening to rock and have not given up playin elec guitar.....

aberrant 09-12-04 06:28 PM

i used to want to play the drums so bad and i was close to joinin a band. that all fell apart but the guy who was puttin it 2geva lives 4 doors down from me and he is dope on the guitar and he writes songs n shit.
He got talent, sumtimes i wish id have stuck at it, neva know what cuda come from it....

Nynth Degree 09-12-04 06:30 PM

I'd listen to the same music I listen to now, besides hip hop...soul. I'd still be romancin' bithces with the Marvin Gaye and Teddy Pendergrass...

Sean.C 09-12-04 06:33 PM

country all the way boi

Keith Moon 09-12-04 06:34 PM

Country sucks...no offense

but yeah Im in a band where no one knows how to play instruments except me and im rusty :(

hey Rap Ethics thinks im wack Emcee....lol

they didnt see my dopeness though...lol

aberrant 09-12-04 06:37 PM

thats fuckin WEIRD! i just signed on to it NOW n neva knew it had changed n shit (i aint been on it for AGES) n then u speak bout it. talk bout coincidences!

Logic The Goonie 09-12-04 06:40 PM

soul is the shit! listen to some temptations and marvin gaye and anybody from motown and ull see what i mean. holla.

CataclyzM-i-C 09-12-04 06:43 PM

wow...all theez rock n roll heads...lmao

i wud b listenin to R&B nigga...n for da record, rap had to have been invented unless ur sayin poetry wasnt invented either...then u gon have to erase about 500 years ago !

fluidmoon 09-12-04 06:46 PM

soul^^hell yea, classic rock, jazz, blues, yo i still listen to that shit, no one told me i had to give it up..lol, but yea, if rap wasnt invented.....i'd be sad :shocked:

aberrant 09-12-04 06:46 PM

r u thick or wat? its a simple concept to understand and get along with. no need to question it is there?

Nynth Degree 09-12-04 06:47 PM

I think since we have a poetry forum on this site, we should have a whole forum for soul too lol...

aberrant 09-12-04 06:48 PM

lol now that wud be unique.......

fluidmoon 09-12-04 06:49 PM

who are you talkin to???? me? i'll snuff you

aberrant 09-12-04 06:50 PM

/\/\ no it wasntto u, it was to CataclyzM-i-C

distilled 09-12-04 06:51 PM

Backstreet Boys :thumbup:

The Jett 09-12-04 06:58 PM

I'm a huge fan of....
Metalica
Offspring
Nirvana
Linken Park(however u spell it)
Nine Inch Nails
Nickel Back....an so on.....
To me....Hip Hop is my alternative....
Hip Hop to me seems like....I hate you, you hate me. Lets rap about it.
Rock has more reason behind it.

(and yes, there are a few artists in hip hop that are the exeptions)
But it's mainly...
Bling Bling
Tity's Ass Pussy
Rollin on Dubs
Or pushin lead into another emcee...

Keith Moon 09-12-04 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
soul is the shit! listen to some temptations and marvin gaye and anybody from motown and ull see what i mean. holla.

word that stuff is sooooo dope

Too bad alot of em died :(

Logic The Goonie 09-12-04 07:02 PM

carson, that type of rap is the bad kinda rap, all i see in rock is screaming and slitting your wrists and how bad the world is.....what u gotta say?

aberrant 09-12-04 07:05 PM

that kind of rock is the "bad" kind of rock. its the same with hip hop, not all songs match up to the stereotype

Logic The Goonie 09-12-04 07:07 PM

i know, i was tryin to prove a point....rock is dope sometimes tho. linkin park is str8 korn that type of shit...:thumbup:

aberrant 09-12-04 07:08 PM

agreed

The Jett 09-12-04 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
carson, that type of rap is the bad kinda rap, all i see in rock is screaming and slitting your wrists and how bad the world is.....what u gotta say?

dunno....

Offspring has never rapped about slitting wrists...
and most rock doesnt talk about how bad the world is...just how dark it is...

I dunno...
I kinda like lookin at life in a dark intellectual tone.
I think its refreshing, makes you use ur mind.

Thats my opinion though.

..ADLIB.. 09-13-04 12:33 AM

i used to be into offsprings old skool shit (ignition, ixnay on the hombre, smash) then i like red hot chilli peppers....that shit and some rock, metal woteva is alright to me but i dont listen to that no more......u might say im strictly hip hop. see what im saying is........u know the rules, we dont fuck with fools man, how the fuck did we get soo cool man, never ever disrespect my crew man........from wu-tang speaking for hip hop directed at all other form of music.