RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   5 Percenters (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=110602)

wogzta 01-29-04 01:11 AM

5 Percenters

I know this might sound stupid, but I was wondering about a few things concering the 5 Percenters. As far as I know, they are a religion/sect from the USA, but I'd like to know a few things about them...

1. What are their beliefs etc.?
2. Where are the majority of them located?
3. Could you please name a few rappers who are 5 Percenters?

Thanks

inspire 01-29-04 01:16 AM

5%erZ?

Isn't that a old RB crew? =/

wogzta 01-29-04 01:21 AM

^ that, and a religious group in the USA :D

puroresu boy 01-29-04 04:12 AM

Rakim, Wu-Tang, Nas.

As far as I know they study Islam however they aint Muslim. They still drink alcohol, fornicate, and their beliefs are nationalistic.

These things contradict Islam and as a Muslim do not see the 5% as muslims.

wogzta 01-29-04 06:07 AM

^ ahhh thank you... i heard some where on this board that 5% are also racists.... but i cant picture rakim or nas being racist...

and what does fornicate mean exactly?

inspire 01-29-04 06:37 AM

^Eatin' the pussy.

puroresu boy 01-29-04 10:35 AM

Fornicate is having sex outside marriage. Islam forbids then and nowhere in the Quran does it say this is allowed. Not sure if they are racist but are nationalistic. Like the Nation of Islam they see God being Black and Black people being the chosen people.

Once again Islam does not condone this view and race plays no part in Islam!!!

Word Bond 01-30-04 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspire
5%erZ?

Isn't that a old RB crew? =/

yeah and they still push that on other boards too. they bit the name talkin bout 5% of emcee is dope or some shit

anyways

the real 5%ers
A group which started as an offshoot of the NoI. They teach that any large group of people, and more specifically, the African American nation, can be divided into three groups, the 85% = basically the ignorant masses which need to be led, the 5% = the people with true knowledge of self whose job it is to lead the masses and fight against the 10%, the 10% = people who have partial knowledge of self and use it to gain power and wealth by exploiting the 85, also referred to as "bloodsuckers of the poor". The chosen percentages are what they feel that the percentages are within the black community. These numbers are neither universal (all though these groups do exist within any large group) nor unchangeable. "That'll be the day the five percent eat swine" -- Dred Scott (Breakin' combs [1994]).

edit: my 100th post and to think only reason i came back to this cause my other site was down

Simile 01-30-04 12:24 AM

wow this is summin new ima learn

:)

Diabolical 01-30-04 12:28 AM

how an i become one?

Word Bond 01-30-04 12:56 AM

i guess you go find a chapter or whatever in your city

note:i'm not in the 5%ers, but i am 5%:D

wogzta 01-30-04 02:20 AM

Nationalistic huh... cant say im a big fan of that

But i dont think they are racist... Nas has allowed Eminem to produce for him, and Ra and Em have been on a label together... also i think eminem produced for method man or something...

fornicate... lol u couldve said premature sex

Gunna XL 01-30-04 02:21 PM

5 Percenters are wanna be muslims who don't want to commit to the religion..................ALLAH, Arm Leg Leg Arm Head

Busta rhymes is a 5 percenter too.,.........the prob wit da quran is that arabs claim unless you read it in arabic u not a muslim when it was originally written in syrian and half of the dam thing was translated wrong.

D-Dizzle 01-30-04 02:31 PM

Word Bond pretty much broke it down.....

You know when emcee say, "Whuttup, God" like kind of a slang type of way.... that springs from the 5% percent nation too...because one of the theroies on the religeon is that the Black Man is God and the White Man is the Devil....

So thats why alot of cats who follow the religon call themself or another black man "God" becasue of the 5% nation....even though now it's more of a slang word than anything .......

like stated earlier....Nas, Busta, the Wu, State Property, The Lox and alot of other cats sprinkle they rhymes with 5% teachings.....Rakim and Kane was like one of the first ones to do it.......so goes back a ways

MR. LEGEND 01-30-04 04:14 PM

Other goups who are 5%'ers, brand nubians, gangstarr, digable planets, pete rock & CL smooth, black moon. Of course because the Wu was hot(mid to late 90's) their 5% lingo was made into slang.
dude broke it down pretty good up there, a couple of more things though:
Son, which is derived from 5% lingo, means God (black man), earth meaning black woman, who revolves around the sun.
G is the 7th letter in the alphabet

They are based on islam, but they concider muslims as part of the 10% (those who have knowledge and use it to take advantage of the 85%(the dumb deaf & blind).

Almost every rapper was 5% or Muslim back in the late 80's early 90's, when rap was mostly about empowerment & upliftment of the black race.
their..uh logo is a giant 7 (# of perfection) & crescent(woman) with a 8 point star (child) behind it.

Other slang that was originated by 5%'ers:

G-stood for God, before it stood for gangster

Word-Kind of like a amen when someone was droppong knowledge

Peace-which was used to greet people entering into a Moorish Temple
break it down/drop science-When someone was teaching "supreme mathmatics" or "Supreme Alphabet"
EX. Supreme mathmatics-G is the 7th letter, the black man has 7.5 ounces of brain matter, whites have 6.
EX. "Supreme Alphabet"
ALLAH=Arm, leg, leg, arm, head
Library-lies buried
Television-tell lies vision
Knowledge-Know the ledge
Universe-U-N-I Verse All

All the prophets have tried to reform white man, but he cannot be reformed. White man continued to do devilishment", and "the potency of melanin in the black man makes him naturally rhythmic" are quote from their teachings.

The 10% include the "grafted" white devil (created, according to Farad's teaching, by the evil scientist Yacub approximately 6000 years ago12) as well as the orthodox Muslims and Christian preachers who preach that god is a "spook" or a "mystery god."

The 5% are the poor righteous teachers who preach the divinity of (black) man, the god who is "manifest" (not a spook, not a mystery god) and who will save the 85% from destruction.

interesting belief...
Have a nice day

wogzta 01-30-04 08:30 PM

^ interesting... i guess im one of those 10% who takes advantage of the dumb :D

But how can they claim that we (meaning muslims, not white people) are evil and take advantage, when we are the ones preaching respect and equality to all people, while they are claiming that their race is surperior above all? They can believe what they want, and i respect their choices, but i find them slightly dodgy...

Gunna XL... the Quran was written in Arabic originally. In Saudi Arabia - not Syria. And even if it had been, thered be no difference. Unless you've been living in a cave for the last millenium, you'd have realized that Syrians speak ARABIC.

And arabs do not state that you MUST read it in Arabic. It's better if you do; and if you can read arabic you should; but if you cant (like myself), a translation is a perfectly viable option.

~LyRiCaL-JeZuS~ 01-31-04 12:50 AM

A light skinned middle eastern/african man named Elijah Mohammed started the nation of Islam and the reason some of the somtimes refer to them selves as 5 percenters is becuz they belive that 85 % of the wolrd is blind and have nothing, 10 percent has everything but is blind and will not help the 85% and the 5 % left is them, they are not blind they have knowledge and they make the world a better place etc...
Nation of Islam is a muslim sect and they are a sect cuz they changed some of the muslim belifes like that they are superior over whites and so on, thats why when Malcom X went to Mecca in the middle east he saw muslims of all races together and discoved tru islam and left the nation of islam when he saw their belifes were against basic islam and were in his eyes wrong. Thats why the betrayed him later and he was assasinated(if u ever saw the movie).

~LyRiCaL-JeZuS~ 01-31-04 12:52 AM

In True Islam everyone is equal no matter what colour or race so obviosly the Nation is wrong since they goin against the Quran, I should know my family is muslim.

FormulaMC 01-31-04 01:49 AM

Well damn. . I just learned something. . I honestly had no idea of this 5 Percenter thing. . and surprised at who's a part of it.

wogzta 01-31-04 05:22 AM

hey lyrical jezus.... are you also muslim since your family is? PM me sometime i havent met many muslims on this site

The 5 Percenters sound ok... but their "we are the greatest race" type thing does come off as slightly dodgy... i mean... how can they act like victims of racism and yet discriminate against other races? And as far as I know, most African Americans have white blood within them, if you ever saw an African next to a African American there is a big difference... hair, skin colour, body frame... so how can they claim that whites are inferior if alot of them have actually had white blood in them?

Word Bond 01-31-04 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogzta
The 5 Percenters sound ok... but their "we are the greatest race" type thing does come off as slightly dodgy... i mean... how can they act like victims of racism and yet discriminate against other races? And as far as I know, most African Americans have white blood within them, if you ever saw an African next to a African American there is a big difference... hair, skin colour, body frame... so how can they claim that whites are inferior if alot of them have actually had white blood in them?

don't fall into that and don't just listen to what we said cause someone could be wrong(not sayin anyone is) you should find out for yourself

D-Dizzle 01-31-04 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogzta
hey lyrical jezus.... are you also muslim since your family is? PM me sometime i havent met many muslims on this site

Becasue the Africans didn't CHOSE to have white blood in them...we were raped when we come over here....thats one of the reasons for the religeon calling whites Devils and the clensing of beign accociated with whites by changing their "given slave name".....

You should look more into it by reading and looking stuff up....

wogzta 01-31-04 08:16 PM

^ thanks for the info, I will.... but arent there also some African Americans who choose to have white wives/white husbands?

I still dont think its correct to call every white person a devil though... just because some genocidal maniacs from a few select countries took over the world and began using Africans as slaves doesnt mean every white person is a racist... I'm white and one of my best friends is black...

FairInHeight 01-31-04 08:52 PM

i'm white, my brothers half black. in my philosophy there's no difference between any races or skin colours, we all started out the same in the very beggining, think about it.

Diabolical 01-31-04 09:17 PM

mane im commited to the 5% nation now i picked up some books and shit at barnes and nobles im gone join them

puroresu boy 02-02-04 07:11 AM

The thing I odnt understand about the Nation is the theory of Elijah Muhammad being a prophet.

The Quran tells us that Muhammed is the last messenger and their will be none after him. Why then do the Nation who use the Quran as their holy book proclaim to have anothe prophet?

Emotion 02-02-04 07:15 AM

MMMMMMMMMMMM k i am fully sick of this shit....

So what arre we supposed to do??

I mean right now i am sitting in a 15 year old white suit made out of skin, but do i have the urge to slaugter pillage and eradicate the african american race? NO! i mean not every white person is bad or a redneck,-and not every black person comes from "da hood".

We should only have hate for the people that are rascist not whole races,

Holmes Jr. 02-02-04 08:41 AM

Yeah no matter how much you hate theres always gonna be stuck up racists out there so all you can do is just keep hatin...which if you think about it kinda makes us prejudice too, but I dont care fuck racists

~LyRiCaL-JeZuS~ 02-02-04 05:08 PM

Elijah Mohhamed is not a prophet, there is tons of historical figures who created religions or sects of allready existing religions but tthat dont mean they are prophets the only prophets who can be considerd real is Moses, Jesus and Mohammed, and then of course thers Buddha butt hats a diffrent type of thing. SO no hes not a god sent prophet but he was a smart and special guy but not divine.

wogzta 02-03-04 12:12 AM

Isnt the nation of islam in america also not considered true islam by most other muslims... since i think they also believe in the black surperiority.... but traditional islam teaches everyone is equal...

puroresu boy 02-03-04 05:59 AM

Put it this way in an Islamic State the Nation or 5% would not be allowed to exist as their ideas and vales contradict Al-Islam

Highlight 02-03-04 06:02 AM

^^^ exactly

SWINGAWAY 02-03-04 12:37 PM

50 percenters it should beeeeeee