RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Where is Hip Hop going? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=113143)

Mystery~murdera 02-09-04 11:20 AM

Where is Hip Hop going?

I hear alot about the declination of hip-hop lately but where do YOU think it's going. I think even though we do have alot of greats retiring there is some promise in the future. When jordan retired did he dissed Kobe n Tracy? No, he tried to reach out n teach the new rookies what he experienced.

I think we have
Kanye (the future)
Joe Budden (the unknown factor)
Fab
Jae Mills
Cassidy (maybe)
Lloyd Banks

but who do you really think is goin to be next generations Jay-Zs, Nas's, Biggies Pacs? Who's really gonna put hip hop on their shoulders... besides
Kanye???? Who's got the creativity, originality, and skill to do it all?

Syntax Mastery 02-09-04 11:28 AM

ahaha@besides kayne....only answer i can think of is kayne...(and outkast...) he's (k.west) doin ill shit right now... everyone whos mainstream maintains what they've been doing, some of em are screaming "wake up"...but it seems like they're yelling at themselves...

i think hip hop is gonna be ok though... there are too many emcees to allow it to go to shit....

alot of people always ask this question, but only look at the mainstream hip hop... hip hop is more than the radio and tv.

B.I.Detained 02-09-04 11:32 AM

shahim the rugged child....

shud've been take care of, nurtured and all..
but nope..he wasleft to go into assylum
damn rap/hip hop..can kill a kid

self 02-09-04 12:02 PM

I could really careless what happens for these cases. Nothing I listen to.

Mr W.Rite 02-09-04 12:30 PM

most will disagree but i dont care
a lot of people dont respect southern rapper
other than outkast..most dont take southern rap seriously
i honestly think TI. is going to make some noise in the rap world
he is featured on albums with memphis bleek and twista
his latest video features..p diddy (to me it says a lot when diddy makes an
appearance,because of his popularity...on that note diddy wanted to sign TI
but TI wanted to stay with the label he is currently with for various reasons)

i think TI along with kanye and maybe cassidy,depends.
will be the future of hip hop

Mystery~murdera 02-09-04 12:41 PM

I think Ludas good even though I think he's gettin more mainstream. I miss the old Luda.

self 02-09-04 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery~murdera
I think Ludas good even though I think he's gettin more mainstream. I miss the old Luda.

"gettin"? I think he "got" a while ago.

Lokinator 02-09-04 01:31 PM

Luda is a dope underground head

RythmicTendicies 02-09-04 02:41 PM

South is taken over...I hate to admit it, but it is....Peeps like Young Buck, Luda & Stat Quo are are gonna blow up....(luda is already big)....

As for everyone else..there are countless numbers of Mc's who will keep rap alive, and with the worldwide attention that Hip-Hop has and the Milions of $ it is generating, it's gonna be around for a long while....

Sleepwalker 02-09-04 02:44 PM

i believe there will a person much more powerfull in hip hop than biggie and tupac combined..we just dont know who this person is yet..

pZ..

C-Section 02-09-04 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr W.Rite
most will disagree but i dont care
a lot of people dont respect southern rapper
other than outkast..most dont take southern rap seriously
i honestly think TI. is going to make some noise in the rap world
he is featured on albums with memphis bleek and twista
his latest video features..p diddy (to me it says a lot when diddy makes an
appearance,because of his popularity...on that note diddy wanted to sign TI
but TI wanted to stay with the label he is currently with for various reasons)

i think TI along with kanye and maybe cassidy,depends.
will be the future of hip hop

yea p.diddy, signed da band! we all know how dope they are!

anyway the only one you named that i like is kanye west. the rest are wack and i hope that isnt the futre of hip hop, but if the future of mainstream is kanye west then i will be happy cause he is extreamly dope compaired ot the rest of mainstream.

Holmes Jr. 02-09-04 07:08 PM

hip hop aint dyin, its the mainstream hip hop scene thats dyin, its all club thumpers and shit..but if you look into underground stuff youll find theres still alot of hot mc's out there

Split. 02-09-04 07:27 PM

yep, south taking over, it went, west coast, east coast, that midwest (philly and shit) and now its south. Soon it will be the mountain regions turn, and we will rap about snowboarding, and walking around in sweater vests, and the bumbing jeep cherokee's our parents bought for us. And all will bow before us.

MC_Merc 02-09-04 08:07 PM

northern rap,

Split. 02-09-04 11:34 PM

^^stfu hoe. its gonna be mountain rap.

Holmes Jr. 02-10-04 12:30 AM

Then afta that theres gonna be a big uprisin of Irish rap or somethin hahaha...

wogzta 02-10-04 02:00 AM

There's plenty of shit to listen to if you think hip-hop is dying. In fact, there's more good than bad, just listen to something other than what MTV or video hits throws in your face.

Even in the mainstream, there are some good emcees (cough Jay-Z & Nas cough)

inspire 02-10-04 07:16 AM

Sorry fella.. Return of the Deejay.

G. Buttersworth 02-10-04 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmes Jr.
Then afta that theres gonna be a big uprisin of Irish rap or somethin hahaha...

wasn't that house of pain?

Mystery~murdera 02-10-04 08:45 AM

Oh yeah... we forgot Jadakiss

Rags 02-10-04 09:09 AM

nobody knows...ppl was saying that before the whole southern rap style became a fad...now everyone rhymin to a south beat look at nas and bravehearts...sumthin new will pop up and itll get played out like every other shit...

Weapon MC 02-10-04 01:18 PM

I think that there's still a chance for it even though a lot of the vets are droppin'. I think that also the style's gonna change more also. It ain't gonna be the same in a couple of years.

RythmicTendicies 02-11-04 07:33 AM

Look at how much Hip-Hop is dominated award shows now...Its really only a matter of time before it goes into decline.

Timeless 02-11-04 07:38 AM

Yea I Agre Its Gonna Flatline, Bigtime. But There Are A Few Good Rappers Cumin Thu To Look Forward To. I Think Pop/hiphop Collabos Have Changed Hiphop For The Worst, What Ya'll Think???

C-Section 02-11-04 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless
I Think Pop/hiphop Collabos Have Changed Hiphop For The Worst, What Ya'll Think???

good thing you dont have ja rule in your sig or you might look like a idiot

bloodymurder 02-11-04 09:57 PM

hiphop is in trouble. that's all i can say

MuhThugga 02-11-04 10:07 PM

Wow, Hip-Hop isn't dying with the likes of Young Buck, P. Diddy, Lloyd Banks, TI, and Jadakiss.

I feel so much better knowing that bit of information. For a minute there I thought Hip-Hop was going to be saturated with wack emcees who talk about guns and money all of the time.

Good thing we have these modern-day saviors.

Kastaway 02-12-04 12:26 AM

From what Ive seen in the past few years hip hop is in a real state of decline. There needs to be more grimmy underground heads out there trying to move thier shit through love of the music, not cought up by contracts and bullshit for the money. You stay loyal to the roots and music then eventually it'll pay for itself anyway...

Bloomquist 02-12-04 12:41 AM

but who do you really think is goin to be next generations Jay-Zs, Nas's, Biggies Pacs?

There will never be another jay nas biggie and pac, but i get waht ya saying.

Iono i listen to stuff underground not much mainstream. Mostly like tech n9ne and like yukmouth and stuff like that.

Kwizikz 02-12-04 05:23 AM

agree wit B.I....Shyheim the Rugged Child wudda been ILL
But...thats life......

Kastaway 02-12-04 05:36 AM

Id have to say people like Kanye will be the next "big thing", Theres really alot of underground potential but people keep buying into people like Diddy and other bullshit. I think there is much more of a broad area of hip hop than there was in Big and Pac's era though, so there is more potential for cats to be heard. Different style and sounds are coming from the woodwork every day.

Concise 02-12-04 09:29 AM

over the next 10 years all of these big artists now will be gone and have fallen off... and the new mainstream rappers will stop appearing as the "new generation" and then... rap will fall off.. along with mainstream sports (football, baseball, basketball.. poker is already taking that shit over) ... rap will fall off..

leaving space for emcees and hiphop..

wtf? im high

Cise

KaLiBuR 02-12-04 09:57 AM

i wish canibus was in da mainstreme, he owns

Bigg E Z 02-12-04 01:52 PM

Quote:
Wow, Hip-Hop isn't dying with the likes of Young Buck, P. Diddy, Lloyd Banks, TI, and Jadakiss.

I feel so much better knowing that bit of information. For a minute there I thought Hip-Hop was going to be saturated with wack emcees who talk about guns and money all of the time.

Good thing we have these modern-day saviors.

How can i say what Muhthuga said again without soundin like an idiot...!!

I hope Hip Hop is dying, because then, the peeps who you all call Non-Hip Hop might be heard....

Scratch that, I wouldent want our Non-Hip Hop to be heard by mindless clones...!!

Hitta 02-12-04 03:16 PM

i see Lloyd banks blowing up he is deff gunna be one of the dopeest rapper of all..............*1*

Concise 02-12-04 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhitter
i see Lloyd banks blowing up he is deff gunna be one of the dopeest rapper of all..............*1*

lol you act like your predicting the future.. its obvious hes gonna blow, its been talked about for months now.. hes alread the 3rd most anticipated album ofr 04'..

MuhThugga 02-12-04 04:17 PM

^Not on my list.

I don't anticipate his album at all.

Concise 02-13-04 11:49 AM

lol

me either dawg.. but its listed as #3 on the bilboard (shit maybe mtv) top 25 anticipated albums for 04'.

Timeless 02-13-04 11:52 AM

we need some good future acts, but i cant really think of any at the mo!!

~RaPiDfIrE~ 02-13-04 02:45 PM

Twista is gonna be big ya'll....I know he been around for a minute but when his new shit dropped EVERYONE in my school started bumpin the shit..granted, it might have all been burned copies, they're listening....

Kanye is comin up fast...

I believe 50 cent is gonna stay big (as much as I hate it)...

Ludacris will probably stay up there for a few more years atleast...

Joe Buddens seemed to be gettin big but I haven't heard much out of him lately....

If a good label would invest more into Tech N9ne I could easily see him bein big in mainstreme, he's takin over a lot of underground fans in the last year, and now he's havin videos on BET from time to time...

Fabolous won't be around much longer, he's not exciting enough...

Ja Rule is slowly fading away I think, but then again if they keep the stupid 50 cent vs. Ja rule thing goin we might never see the end of him...

who knows where the industries gonna be in 10 years...it's lookin good but shit happens....

peace