RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Eminem: Cage rip-off? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=113330)

Phoeniix 02-10-04 01:00 AM

Eminem: Cage rip-off?

well....did Eminem really jock Cage completely??

sounds that way to me...

Syntax Mastery 02-10-04 01:01 AM

wtf...he sounds nothing like cage....

Phoeniix 02-10-04 01:31 AM

are u kidding me? ^

Kry-O-Gene-X 02-10-04 01:44 AM

who the fuck is Cage?

Mr.Christensen 02-10-04 01:46 AM

"bought cages tape, opened it and dubbed over it"
Eminem

all i know about that

Phoeniix 02-10-04 01:49 AM

yeah i heard that too^^

sounds kinda scandalous to me......

C-Section 02-10-04 01:51 AM

i hate both of them, and they both sound diffrent to me.....hmmmmm

Phoeniix 02-10-04 01:52 AM

well of course they sound some what different.
but they share a lot of similarities in their style.

and some Cage songs are tight!

wogzta 02-10-04 01:55 AM

1. Eminem doesn't sound like Cage. Cage sounds like a depressed college nerd... Eminem sounds like one of those evil clowns (back in the day). Now he just sounds angry.

2. They have a completely different style. Cage is horrorcore, while Eminem was battle rap at first, and now is more serious. I must admit he did have some similar concepts as Cage did in violence during SSLP, but it wasn't similar enough to warrant "ripping off".

3. And anyway, I'm not sure, but I think Eminem's been around longer than Cage. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Btw.... I like Cage.

Phoeniix 02-10-04 02:08 AM

naw, i thought Cage was around longer???

and remember Em's quote.....
"Bought Cage's tape, opened it, and dubbed over it"

why are ppl saying they dont sound the same. of course in a lot songs and parts of songs they sound different. they are 2 different people. but in some songs....damn.....the manner of delivery of the words and the concepts are so similar.

ha. i post every other post. how bored i am.

Emotion 02-10-04 02:31 AM

ive never heard of cage...Is he any good?

wogzta 02-10-04 02:32 AM

Eminem said that cos he knew people would accuse him of doing just that... just like when they said he was homophobic, instead of apologizing, he made criminal which was about the most homophobic song I've ever heard (or one of them). He just does it to piss people off

And dunno about Cage, but Em's been here since 1996... not sure about Cage, but i think he's '98-99... or maybe im just lost

But yeah, they do sound the same at times...

matt_matt 02-10-04 02:58 AM

Cage is in my top 5.

OutCome 02-10-04 04:50 AM

Cage is dope, as for eminem sounding like him, from the songs iveheard i dont think so.

Also im pretty sure the "bought cages tape opened it and dubbedover it" was ment more as a diss than as a "hey look im jakin his style". calling him garbage. depends on how you low at it i suppose. BUt to the question no. I do not think so.

Syntax Mastery 02-10-04 06:07 AM

theres no fuckin way em sounds like cage...

thats too fuckin different....

Pheoniix = needs ya fuckin ears checked bruh

Pariah 02-10-04 06:33 AM

Cage rip-off?

Yeah...they sound similar... Im not sure who's been around longer..but
I don't think Em's a Cage rip-off... Im not really a big Eminem fan so I prefer
Cage...Movies for the Blind... some dope songs...

Timeless 02-10-04 06:34 AM

i dont like cage and he sounds nothin like em,

L4dyVixen 02-10-04 08:48 AM

:laugh: Cage and Eminem sound absolutely nothing alike. Their voices, their rhymes and their lyrics are very different.

Weapon MC 02-10-04 01:14 PM

Nah, they're both very different.

Weapon MC 02-10-04 01:14 PM

Eminem's much better. Cage is just aight. Eminem sounds much better when he raps.

Canuck 02-10-04 01:44 PM

Ever noticed it's the people who hate eminem that start the most threads about him?

Fuck'n Bizarre.

Kclipz 4 Murkin 02-10-04 02:21 PM

hmmm not sure but cage been around longer i thyought

Playjahrizer 02-10-04 04:18 PM

cage dropped his first single in 95 or 96 so eminem has def. not been around longer than him

Asphyxiation 02-10-04 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playjahrizer
cage dropped his first single in 95 or 96 so eminem has def. not been around longer than him

Eminem dropped Infinite in 96' or 95'. 'Twas full length as well.

Otherwordz 02-10-04 05:12 PM

Eminem and Cage started around the same time...they used to be cool...they were supposed to blow up together...and when Eminem dropped his demo to Dre and blew up...he didn't bring Cage up with him...therefore causing the beef that we see between them now...and they do sound similar at timez...but there is also a world of difference between them...Eminem raps faster 1st of all...and they have 2 completely different flowz...Eminem mostly has multie'z within' multiez when he rhymez...and Cage just usually rhymez the last coupla wordz...

Kost 02-10-04 06:54 PM

^^ yeh thats sums it up

cage and em have had beef for a long time

and dont even start with me how em's better ... have you herd cage's new shit?

unbefuckinlevable

Da_Killa_Kid 02-10-04 07:20 PM

KOT got it right they sound similar at tymes but they have different syles of flow and delivery. it aint a rip off if anything em expanded a style with his multi droppin and cage couldn't take it and made up some bullshit.

Archeologist 02-10-04 07:33 PM

There styles are similar but not much....
they bot have talent though.......

self 02-10-04 07:41 PM

What the fuck? The two are nothing alike. Fuck you for even doing that to CAgE. That's just plain out dissing the man. lol

And the line "bought your tape and dubbed over it" doesn't mean he copied what he said, but dubbed as in he rhymed over the whole tape. Used the tape like a blank tape would be used. Fucking Morons I tell you...

MuhThugga 02-10-04 07:49 PM

Hmmm....

Phoenix, did you eat your bowl of Stupid today by any chance?

...OpeY... 02-10-04 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by self
What the fuck? The two are nothing alike. Fuck you for even doing that to CAgE. That's just plain out dissing the man. lol

And the line "bought your tape and dubbed over it" doesn't mean he copied what he said, but dubbed as in he rhymed over the whole tape. Used the tape like a blank tape would be used. Fucking Morons I tell you...

yea actually bein ill would be an insult to cage

Phoeniix 02-10-04 09:05 PM

wow.

i never said they sounded exactly alike. i just said i have noticed similarities.

just wanted to see what others thought about it.

1. i dont hate eminem.
2. no i did not eat my bowl of stupid soup today, you fucking idiot...you arent clever.

Otherwordz 02-10-04 11:26 PM

I personally like Em'z flow and delivery better...but I like Cage'z beats better...and I like Cage'z flow too...I just think that the more multi'z the better...but I can understand why some would thik different...I try not to compare the 2 cause they have contrasting stylez...but I bet if the beef ended and they did some shit together over one of Cage, Necro, or Mighty Mi'z beats... that shit would be off the chain...

wogzta 02-11-04 06:55 AM

On the matter of Cage verses Eminem... I'd still go with Eminem being better overall, based on his entire career... but it's safe to say I'd much rather listen to Movies For The Blind than The Eminem Show... so it's a double edged sword...

it all depends on what your tastes are.

SaM sKILLeT 02-11-04 09:06 AM

Phoen, U said there are songs where they sound similar, what songs?

Sleepwalker 02-11-04 02:14 PM

this beef is mad old and realy doesnt hold any meaning anymore..

bloodymurder 02-11-04 09:49 PM

who's cage

Brethren 02-11-04 10:03 PM

Yea Cage and Eminem use(d) the same kind of concepts, but Eminem grew outta that shit now

Canaanite 03-16-04 08:39 PM

Cage is WAY more dope than eminem.... and the beef is old news but it started when eminem went u New York "lookin" for Cage...also cage heard a tape where Eminem bit his lyrics. anyhow they were supposed to meet and battle but Eminem bitched out when he got signed.

Canaanite 03-16-04 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogzta
On the matter of Cage verses Eminem... I'd still go with Eminem being better overall, based on his entire career... but it's safe to say I'd much rather listen to Movies For The Blind than The Eminem Show... so it's a double edged sword...

it all depends on what your tastes are.

yup...."Movies for the Blind" was dope and so was "weatherproof" and so will be "Hellz Winter"

and 'The Eminem Show' was BULLSHIT it sucked donkey dick