RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Eastcoast Vs The South (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=118206)

GUNFAMGENERAL254 04-04-04 09:04 PM

Eastcoast Vs The South

Which Is Better

Ricochet1 04-04-04 09:42 PM

i aint feelin south.. id say east

GUNFAMGENERAL254 04-04-04 09:51 PM

Niggan But U Cant Rap So It Doesnt Matter Wut U Think

Crossword 04-04-04 09:57 PM

Hah, I'm reppin east. So i be stickin it there.

AuthenTiK 04-05-04 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNFAMGENERAL254
Niggan But U Cant Rap So It Doesnt Matter Wut U Think

If you can't take a difference in opinion then FUCK OFF

I'd say eastcoast but yet again the south is doin' well for themselves at the moment but still eastcoast is probably rulin' the rap game at this point in time with Nas 'n' Technique

Gambino 04-05-04 05:33 AM

east is the birth place dog........so there is no question that its the east.......

NorKoastal 04-05-04 12:27 PM

East....

>> The music is more involved.. Crunk is sick but The East is the birthplace of the culture...

Ricochet1 04-05-04 01:02 PM

lol.. just opinion right now.. and sum of yall dont eed to mention names.. get a lil upset.. hahaa

Moto 04-05-04 01:05 PM

East without doubt.

threatz 04-05-04 05:01 PM

tha south.. we kno how 2 keep it gangsta

threatz 04-05-04 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet1
lol.. just opinion right now.. and sum of yall dont eed to mention names.. get a lil upset.. hahaa

lol@dis guy.. soundz friendly den a muthafucka

Crossword 04-05-04 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threatz
tha south.. we kno how 2 keep it gangsta

yeah, which ripped apart the deep part of rapping. The south made it guns and hoes. East keeps it deep and intelligent.

anxiety 04-05-04 05:20 PM

dirrrty south rap pisses me off, east coast all the way

Crossword 04-05-04 05:31 PM

Thats what im talkin bout.

threatz 04-05-04 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquor of Tears
yeah, which ripped apart the deep part of rapping. The south made it guns and hoes. East keeps it deep and intelligent.

mayn wha tha fuck is you talkin bout, guns an hoes nigga WHO DOSENT rap about gunz an dem hoz.. I like rapperz lyke 3 6 Mafia.. whachu kno bout some UGK, bout some swisha house, bout some camillion an paul wall.. bout some DJ Screw, whachu kno bout how we do it in Texas.. keep tha music Screwed an Chopped

Moto 04-05-04 06:53 PM

East Coast is much better. Intelligent rapping. Im not saying that South aint intelligent, i just feel its more well Crunk.

flawda 04-05-04 07:03 PM

sOuth....keep it waaaaay mOre hype

S-killz 04-05-04 08:05 PM

the south gets you dancing

but east coast rap has one of the best lyrcists

so i go for eastcoast

L.I. 04-05-04 08:12 PM

east....where it all began

Crossword 04-05-04 08:13 PM

See intelligence over powers a tight beat. Unless of course your a MTV chronie, or glued to BET... Singing along to a Nelly song, Wearing Phat Farm and South Pole. Who doesn't rap about hoes and guns? East coast rappers. And if they do, then they are mainstream and do it for the money.

R-Sinic Jaws 04-05-04 09:30 PM

East is better to me man.

GUNFAMGENERAL254 04-06-04 02:25 PM

Fa Sho My Nigga

GUNFAMGENERAL254 04-06-04 02:29 PM

The South Is Not Just Crunk Music Hell Look At People Likeme Shit Look At My Battles I Am Killin Niggas Wit Tight Ass Lyrics Ti From The South Look At Him Shit Listen To His Cd He Got A Reality Flow The Same Wit Luda

Crossword 04-06-04 05:32 PM

Alright. Luda has some nice lyrics. But i am talking about shit that has a meaning of real life. Not a fictitious life that you can only have if you sold 5 million records and made a music video for TRL. I am talking anyone that raps real life, situations and thoughts. Not some blown up shit to have white kids and wannabes droolin.

Enygma 04-06-04 06:39 PM

The south fuckin sucks........I can't think of anything good that came from down there........Their nickname is the Dirty for christ sake..........

Crossword 04-06-04 07:19 PM

^ nah some good shit comes from there... Some good food. Oh wait, we're talking bout rappers... never mind.

MADD HAtter81 04-06-04 09:07 PM

lol to you man all ya'll down thurr ya'll okay but us up herre we keep it on lock wit the intalect and the rhym sceem now-a-day (no disrespect) but ya'll just say the same thing yeaaaaaaaaaa okayyyyyyyyyy whattttttt 1 herre comes the 2 to the 3 to the 4 rubberband man that aint rap those are nursey rhyms and ya'll messed up by lil jon what the fuck

Yung Duke 04-06-04 10:57 PM

I say its the south. Ya'll say the east runs deeper, but thats because the south didnt get respect when they had the classics. Like Kilo or UGK. 8 Ball and MJG. and now you niggaz think its all about guns and hoes, bt ya'll thinkin of ying yang and Lil John.T.I.P get jus as deep as any active rapper from the north. and no one thats active right now gets more real then Scarface. and all that shit they talkin bout drugs is just explainin where they come from. Example: "Grand Hustle man, more histle than hustle man/but why rubber bands, they representin the struggle man." All he sayin right there is he remember how hard he had to struggle in the Trap. you gotta dig deep into the lyrics

Yung Duke 04-06-04 11:03 PM

and this aint got nothin to do wit where i live case i was born and raised in Philly. I only been livin down here for 2 years.

Triple_N 04-06-04 11:39 PM

Yo on some real shit the south has 3 emcees that get respect an thats T.I., luda, an scarface. Thats it the greatest of today an alltime come from the east thats why the east will always have it, the east is hip hop.

Fahrenheit 04-09-04 02:13 AM

CHicago holds it down better than no other.

DeaDWronG 04-10-04 01:14 PM

^^this post aint bout chicago, i say the east (where hip hop started) is still the hot spot for rappers and the south is just annoying most of the time... plus the east holds it down fahrenheit (no offense chicago)

Killah Bwoy 04-11-04 10:56 AM

aiight check this out im feelin both but it depends wat ur lookin for...I CERTAINLY DO NOT WANT TO GO TO A CLUB AND HEAR TALIB KWELI's-JUST TO GET BY SONG..heyll naw i wuld wanna hear QUICK TO BACK DOWN..and bout wat that kat sed bout south changed it to guns and hoes..maybe thats all they lived who knows..maybe thats all they know how they were raised..they jus representin u know.........and if u pissed off go and oput on lil scrappy's -head bussa that will help u...

now east:
that shit is good if u want to get shit off ur chest and if ur lookin more into the lyrics east has wayyy better lyrics then south becuz all south artist like lil jon and lil scrappy do is scream and if u want sum real shit and maybe if u want to make a luv song to ur gurl..keep it east.....u feel me....

but my vote.............................................. ..........................i gotta say east barely..heres a lil match-ups

ghostface killah's -run ft jadakiss BEATS lil scrappy's head bussa
juelz santanas-santana's town BEATS david banners' ride on 24's
trillville-neva eva BEATS cam'ron's get em girls
Jay-z's dirt off your shoulders BEATS lloyd banks-smile

or yyou could mix the two onto oen track like NAS FT LIL JON QUICK TO BACK DOWN..did u see how hot that came out

oh and whos heard the song RUN by ghostface killah ft jadakiss and sum uda kat THAT SONG IS FUCKIN SICKKKKKKKKK

Daclassic 05-02-04 06:17 PM

okay..i will have to go with the east not because i'm from there but because lyrically they are better. And the only one from the south that i give much respect to is T.I.

BOMBSHELLkilla 05-02-04 06:25 PM

east all day everyday

no doubt the east rules but the south has krunker rappers its a tie :shoot:

tha ghost 05-02-04 07:05 PM

EAST!!! South rap is wack, all them sound the same, all beats r garbage(cant feel em), nobody likes that south shit. its mad boring and its all tha same

For$akeN 05-02-04 07:08 PM

yo man i would say East Coast fo sho ain't like South
that much only a couple rappers that I feel from there...

Billz 05-02-04 07:15 PM

SOUTH

ya'll talkin bout lyrics?

if u go outside the mainstream, the south isn't jus crunk, we have sick lyricists.

Z-Ro
Scarface
Chamillionaire
Lil Flip
Yung Ro
50/50 lil Twin
Ched'r
Paul Wall
David Banner
Big Moe
Slim Thug
Trick Daddy

tha ghost 05-02-04 07:18 PM

yo billz!^^south is puuuuusy!!!!! cant rap fo shit! alls ya rappas got is screamin n faggit ass beats that are always the same. BORIN ASS SHIT! listen to some J-Hood and D-Block. download they shit. youll change ya mind. south is garbage!!!

Vango 05-02-04 07:22 PM

hip hop came from the east nuff said, recognize the roots, but the south has definitely put down their thang, thank outkast for that.