RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   wat happen to hip-hop (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=132433)

Judge. 06-29-04 06:06 PM

wat happen to hip-hop

hip hop use to be mad good to listen to but now they only talk about the high lie and shit

For$akeN 06-29-04 06:10 PM

pac got constipated with it when he died.....

well people abused hip-hop and let the money get to them so
they started rapping about getting expensive cars, fuckin' dirty
ass hoes........pimpin' on em.......and of cuz sayin' they thugs
and gangsters and shit but they of course playing themselves
I call it hip-pop.........................................times changed

~I.S.~

verbal violence 06-29-04 06:14 PM

yo dawg this is prolly the best thread ever hip hop has lost its ways and everything else it dont have a flow to it no more no beats no good lyrics on whats happening
hip hop use to be about the struggle but now its all changed from losses to hoes
from rappin its about the money sometimes i think most these cats dont even diserve to be hip hop artists.. like emeinem lil jon all da other peeps who i think shouldnt be out there shouldnt... but still what did happin to hip hop most cats dont know cuz they to bust listening to this so called rap hip hop it aint nuttin like it use to be...

Judge. 06-29-04 06:18 PM

for exaple
cassidy
lil jon
jae-kwon
almost everyone is talkin about lets get drunk I wanna fuk a hoe etc

verbal violence 06-29-04 06:23 PM

huh for realz im wit ya on dat... but its good to know someone knows hip hop losts its ways

For$akeN 06-29-04 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge.
for exaple
cassidy
lil jon
jae-kwon
almost everyone is talkin about lets get drunk I wanna fuk a hoe etc

well Cass just need money but hes ill.....

Judge. 06-29-04 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbal violence
huh for realz im wit ya on dat... but its good to know someone knows hip hop losts its ways

hahah Hip hop has been goin on even b4 i was born Im only 12 but wen i was little I use to only listen to old skool

TAKENOTICE 06-29-04 07:01 PM

Hip Hop has definately evolved mostly because of Money and Politics i'd say. Talib has always been real though.

Judge. 06-29-04 07:02 PM

^yea thats true

For$akeN 06-29-04 07:14 PM

yea theres still a good amount of emcees in the game....

Immortal Technique
Talib Kweli
Nas
Mos Def
Kanye West

etc....many more....

they are the best catz of our time

telekast. 06-29-04 07:42 PM

Hip hop, in a way, has gotten better. You don't hear boring punchlines nearly as much. There are people who spit complex ones that aren't like "im the barker like bob" type shit, except the South, because lyricalwise they're 25 years behind. Some rappers make you think, instead of just telling a story any dumbass could follow. Overall mainstream wise, it's bad as it's ever been. Dudes like Petey Pablo and Bonecrusher control the charts ahhaha.

fluidmoon 06-29-04 08:09 PM

yo, there still are some amazing hip hop artists out there that still care about rhymin on whats real and the important things that are going on in the world,like nas, common, mos def, talib kweli, kanye, so there is some hot shit still on the charts, but i agree with you telekast too, southern rap and hip hop is just garbage, catchy hooks but garbage none-the-less.....

Straight Ace 06-29-04 08:10 PM

Underground owns.

Fuck the mainstream trash.

Stuff'd Aminol 06-29-04 10:29 PM

violence in hip hop is also quite a horrible thing and i think it contributed to the downfall of hip hop, and even though they were somewhat great rappers, pac and brought it to the point that it was cool to have a gun and kill people, when at the same time they were talking about respiration in black communities and how the young black youth needed more of a positive upbringing, i mean it's fine to talk about the shit you experience every day and the bad stuff you went through, but once you take it to the point in which you are rich and famous and are talking about murder and promoting it something is really wrong

For$akeN 06-29-04 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Ace
Underground owns.

Fuck the mainstream trash.

you one smart cat! :thumbup:

God 06-29-04 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal_Souljah04
yea theres still a good amount of emcees in the game....

Immortal Technique
Talib Kweli
Nas
Mos Def
Kanye West

etc....many more....

they are the best catz of our time

yea thats tru....
but it has changed but still somepeople still dont follow other's like mase ...

and the people the immortal stated that some might follow but other's follow there own path

J. Luth 06-29-04 10:41 PM

i think hip hop is gonna be bigger than ever and tha violence u aint gonna change so dont even try but lyrcist wise we runnin out fast we got a few good ones left witch would be NAS but he's growin old EM but he's goin to gangsta for me the only real 2 we got anymore is jadakiss and dmx o yea and tha best lyrcist ever talib kweli pc

Stuff'd Aminol 06-29-04 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH-TECH
i think hip hop is gonna be bigger than ever and tha violence u aint gonna change so dont even try
what, do you want hip hop to stay violent? if so youre just an idiot trying to be true to the street by supporting the very thing that instigates the fuse to gunfire and helps to digest the hip hop we know and love into shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH-TECH
the only real 2 we got anymore is jadakiss and dmx
dmx?? dmx??? DMX???? what the fuck is that, how is he real, he's just a little bitch who barks in order to seem rough and hard and cusses out commercial hip hop as he shoots his video for get it on the flo' in the club partying as he still attempts to maintain his thug image, the bitch is worth millions, but in order to make an even bigger "gangsta" appeal to fans hi jacks a car that he could by hundreds of after he's been in hollywood for almost 10 years, dmx is a bitch and should have never been released into hip hop

PoLiFicK 06-30-04 12:00 AM

50cent talkin bout killin ppl if u watched da bet awards u see doug-e fresh and slick rich and all them rip the stage now thats music...Not that yayea okkk shit..or buck got that kokane and i got a glock 9....u kno that real shit....NWa Started It But its Gangster hiphop u got 2 be a gangster 2 rap...But That Shit On Tha Bet Awards Had it right..

TAKENOTICE 06-30-04 12:05 AM

Never expected MC lite to show face

Judge. 06-30-04 12:20 AM

50 is wack ppl who are nice is kanye, jadakiss, mob deep etc
lol this thread is gettin mad replies

Stuff'd Aminol 06-30-04 12:34 AM

mobb deep suck now, havoc doesn't even make the beats but rhymes mediocre, and prodigy doesn't even rhyme now and mumbles his shitty flowing verse, disagree?

Yo, party over here aint shit over there
The Mobb Deep boys got it locked right here
Wherever we at we keep the cliqs right there
So where ever there's beef is gettin fixed right there
And they can't stop us, they too scared
They know a caliber thug shoot at heads nigga
Q.B. drop you off at that bridge (bye bye)
Show you how we do it in Queens
Murder aint shit nigga
This is P talking show you where I live
You come right through my crib (cmon) and get a few seers
There'll be manslaughter right in front of my kids
A little blood get on my daughter, that's nothing she'll live (just whipe that off)
Got cops shoot to death of us
We don't like D's
You never catch us runnin with the police (nope)
Ya'll niggas get ya'll vests up
And ya'll better invest in some real heavy bulletproof paneling

Envee 06-30-04 02:32 AM

Mobb deep was sick and 2Pac is still sick and always will b

RhyMe*DisCipLe 06-30-04 02:40 AM

i understand, i haven't been feelin' rap fa long time cauze i'm cool with metphorz and just rappin' but not clubz carz and shit, rapperz now ain't cretive

atti? 06-30-04 09:43 AM

If Your Looking For Realness Then Very Rarely Will You Find It Within Mainstream Flow...
Go To The Underground, They Spit How They Want And Withough Lable Input...
Itsawl About Creative Freedom...