RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Kick back with a free ipod fams (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=178621)

Kal El 02-23-05 07:34 PM

Kick back with a free ipod fams

Aiyoooooo I know all ya'll wanna get one of these ipods. You just gotta click on this link and sign up for Blockbuster fuckin Video for a month. You get dvds and games in the mail and shit, it costs 15 bucks. Cancel it, get 5 people to do the same and you get a 20GB IPOD to fill with 5,000 hot beats.

http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=13509464

Shit seems too good to be true but its legit, for real.

Class.Sic 02-23-05 07:35 PM

have you got one....from them...

Kal El 02-23-05 07:39 PM

nah im tryin to get mine... a few of my boys did it but now I got no one to get to sign up... figured here would be a good place to try

Kal El 02-23-05 07:40 PM

I'm not tryin to pay 450 bucks for that shit when i can get it for free with a little hustle.

Magic5 02-23-05 07:40 PM

I think what hes really trying to say is this is an undercover scam.

Class.Sic 02-23-05 07:41 PM

haha^^^werd...,

Linguistics 02-23-05 07:41 PM

very much so.........................

Kal El 02-23-05 07:44 PM

Nah dude... why would i be wastin my time tryin to get iyou to sign up I wasnt gonna get one? Guess it does seem kinda sketchy but my roomate and a few other boys got theirs for free so why not right? Peep the site, its legit and legal and shit. The reason they give em away for free is cause Blockbuster and the other sponsers pay them figuring that not everyone will cancel their membership. It's all about advertising a new service, and they're willing to give away free Ipods to make sure that new service doesn't sink. Think about it... Blockbuster is going downhill so now they're tryin to compete with the no-late-fee movie deliverys, and theyre willing to give away a few ipods to get the name out.

Kronos 02-23-05 08:14 PM

I would, but by the time I could convince 5 people to do it, I would have paid for it.

Know-Gimix 02-23-05 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal El
Nah dude... why would i be wastin my time tryin to get iyou to sign up I wasnt gonna get one? Guess it does seem kinda sketchy but my roomate and a few other boys got theirs for free so why not right? Peep the site, its legit and legal and shit. The reason they give em away for free is cause Blockbuster and the other sponsers pay them figuring that not everyone will cancel their membership. It's all about advertising a new service, and they're willing to give away free Ipods to make sure that new service doesn't sink. Think about it... Blockbuster is going downhill so now they're tryin to compete with the no-late-fee movie deliverys, and theyre willing to give away a few ipods to get the name out.

This is a big scam- u got humped by a mean man, why?

Mathmatically, These things dont work what so ever... by the time the 100th person has signed up it would take the worldspopulation 4 times over to get the 101st person an I-Pod... u got duped.

Know-Gimix 02-23-05 08:49 PM

5 * 5 = 25 *5 = 125 * 5 = 625 * 5 = over 3000....... that's only 5 people into the scam... imagine if you were say... 20 on the list... ALL of new york state would have to sign up for you to get a damn thing.

EDIT - It's called a pyramid scam... lookit up on google.

Blay'all 02-23-05 08:56 PM

But it would still work for u tho right?

Van Ished 02-23-05 09:08 PM

The link in the bottom of my sig is better

Blay'all 02-23-05 09:15 PM

This link is better than all of them

http://www.threatalertjesus.com/

Magic5 02-23-05 11:28 PM

Yeah..

Seven pretty much owned this thread up..

schema 02-23-05 11:32 PM

its not a scam...they just bank on you not being able to get 5 people to sign up...

its a non-scam that works by people thinking its a scam and not wanting to sign up for it...but if you do what they ask you get your ipod so its not a scam...

Magic5 02-23-05 11:36 PM

Sure it is..

Dont argue, just accept.

schema 02-23-05 11:43 PM

http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,64614,00.html

nah...it isnt...

Magic5 02-23-05 11:45 PM

I think you just secretly uploaded that site and typed up all that dump.

schema 02-23-05 11:54 PM

:( busted.......

Kal El 02-24-05 01:54 AM

You fools its not a pyrimad scam... you have to get 5 people to sign up, not that 5x5x5 bullshit.... the article says it all

http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,64614,00.html

Lose the skepticism and click this link... we'll all be gettin free ipods

http://www.freeipods.com/?r=13509464

Know-Gimix 02-24-05 02:22 AM

Here, again, I know some of you are just plain brain dead...

Quoted From ... The Terms and Conditions...

4. Eligibility for Receiving a Free Item for Referral-based websites
(a) For this particular website, freeiPods.com, users must do the following to be eligible to get approval to receive their free product:

i. Complete and get credit for at least one offer themselves.
ii. Refer at least 5 unique people who join and also correctly complete an offer under the terms listed in this document.
(b) After a user signs up with our website and successfully completes an offer, they must get 5 people to also sign up with our website and successfully complete an offer to get their free item. In order to connect these referrals to the original user, we issue this user a unique link to our offer site, which they must then distribute to the intended parties. Thus, the user is entirely responsible for all communications regarding our offer sites. At no point during the offer process does Gratis Internet send out any communications on the user's behalf to encourage such signups to occur.

In Plain English... That means you FIRST... Have to get 5 People to Sign Up... and they must complete "an offer" also. This is the same as signing up 5 members who also have to sign up 5 members, for Numero uno to get shit... 5 x 5 - so after 25 people sign the second group gets something... but for the second group, its 5 x 25 because you can't sign up the same person twice...thats when it adds up.

here look at it like this...

First Guy - Named John, Recruits Larry, Tom, Kanye, Dipshit, and Me. For the First guy to get his "Gift"- All 5 of us have to recruit 5 people, who in turn must recruit 5 people for us to get our gifts... its 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 in terms of taking 5 people out of the "Internet Population"-- Perhaps your friends who were recruited early got something, but 99% of you will get jack shit... because you live in a limited population, where 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 adds up quickly. Lets say there are 1,000,000,000 people on the internet (1 billion) .... For the first 20 people who sign up to all get their "Gift" a total of 476,837,158,203,125 (Faaar more than 1 billion) people have to have completed their "assignment". You might not get it cuz all you see is 5 x 5, and your stupid, but trust me I'm right on this one. :thumbup:

Germ 02-24-05 02:25 AM

who cares...dont be poor (no offense indicated), just buy one, or steal one..whatever works for you..........haha jk

strobe 02-24-05 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenThird
First Guy - Named John, Recruits Larry, Tom, Kanye, Dipshit, and Me. For the First guy to get his "Gift"- All 5 of us have to recruit 5 people, who in turn must recruit 5 people for us to get our gifts... its 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 in terms of taking 5 people out of the "Internet Population"-- Perhaps your friends who were recruited early got something, but 99% of you will get jack shit... because you live in a limited population, where 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 adds up quickly. Lets say there are 1,000,000,000 people on the internet (1 billion) .... For the first 20 people who sign up to all get their "Gift" a total of 476,837,158,203,125 (Faaar more than 1 billion) people have to have completed their "assignment". You might not get it cuz all you see is 5 x 5, and your stupid, but trust me I'm right on this one. :thumbup:

Actually, from the way that I read it, you need to signup and complete an offer. Then you need to refer 5 people under you who also completes an offer. After those 5 people complete the offer, you get your ipod. The people under you don't need to refer anybody else into the chain unless they want an ipod too. To make money, they are hoping that most people completes an offer but doesn't get enough referrals to get an ipod. The idea itself is pretty good.. wish I had came up with it.

As for whether they are legit or not, I'll let you know one of these days. I signed up back in Aug or so and I still need 2 more people to complete the damn offer... what sucks is that I've referred literally a couple hundred people who signed up but didn't do the offer. Yeah, I could just go out and buy an ipod, but it's not something that I want bad enough to spend the money on.

Status 02-24-05 04:37 AM

word
im on a email site where you read emials and get money
the catch is to get ehlla people to read emials
ive been doing it for about 1 month and have only earned about
32 cents
lol

Kal El 02-24-05 03:06 PM

http://www.freeipods.com/?r=13509464

3. Refer people who also create an account, and complete an offer.
You will need to refer new people to sign up with our website by having them click on your referral link. They must click that exact link in order for you to get credit. Once they have joined, they must also complete one online offer from their account. Once you have the appropriate number of referrals who completed an offer, and once you yourself have completed an offer, you will then be eligible to receive your free product.

SevenThird, don't pretend to know what you're talkin about... lemme quote what you said....

ii. Refer at least 5 unique people who join and also correctly complete an offer under the terms listed in this document.
(b) After a user signs up with our website and successfully completes an offer, they must get 5 people to also sign up with our website and successfully complete an offer to get THEIR free item.

SO if they want an ipod, they gotta sign up 5... you, however, who referred them, should have an ipod in the mail. Who's braindead now?

Kal El 02-24-05 03:08 PM

Completing an offer has nothing to do with refferring people... just signing up for blockbuster, or whatever trials they got for you. So its not a pyrimad, it stops with getting 5 people to join... it only goes further if they who joined want a free ipod too. THats got nothin to do with me though

distilled 02-24-05 03:15 PM

I have an Ipod.

Now Worship me.

I want a new one though, cos I busted it :(

[Jimmy Pocketz] 02-25-05 06:18 AM

*Nuff Sed*..................

Linguistics 02-25-05 09:08 AM

your probably gonna git banned^^^