RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   RV Mixtape Vol. 2 (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=343)
-   -   RV Mixtape Vol 2 Chat (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=193695)

Phenom-in-all 06-03-05 05:30 AM

RV Mixtape Vol 2 Chat

Aiiiight. Stuff is up and running. Once the voting council has all checked in, you can start droppin tracks to be submitted. This is where you can throw in your random commentary and all that. Should be hot this summer.

Terumoto 06-03-05 07:14 AM

Word... Is that big cypher collab a lot of peeps are doing gonna go on it?

..Decree.. 06-03-05 07:47 AM

word...........

Acuity 06-03-05 08:04 AM

Is strobe in on this or r y'all doin da sclick thing?

Phenom-in-all 06-03-05 10:38 AM

SC thing. I might fund it... we'll see how it goes.

the omen 06-03-05 12:23 PM

checkin... so how are the other cats gonna drop in their tracks to get reveiwed?

Restricted 06-03-05 12:29 PM

Will The People In The Voting Council Still Have To Drop Tracks In The Track Thread To Be Voted On or Do They Automaticly Get In?

~R~

Enygma 06-03-05 12:34 PM

I think the voting council should go through the same stages as everyone else :thumbup:™

Restricted 06-03-05 12:46 PM

^Thats What I'm Saying, but I'm Wondering If Anyone On The Voting Council Will Honestly Say "No" If One of Vendettas Tracks Are Bad...and Shit Like That Nah I'm Saying?

~R~

the omen 06-03-05 12:54 PM

wait hold up, is this forum veiwable to all of the members or just the council?

Phenom-in-all 06-03-05 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay-Text
Will The People In The Voting Council Still Have To Drop Tracks In The Track Thread To Be Voted On or Do They Automaticly Get In?

~R~

Everyones track will go through the voting process.

Enygma 06-03-05 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the omen
wait hold up, is this forum veiwable to all of the members or just the council?

The forum is open to everyone, but the voting council is password protected :thumbup:™

Key... 06-03-05 01:30 PM

^^My ass cant get in there..lol

the omen 06-03-05 01:33 PM

^^ yea me either, the password i got isnt workin

Enygma 06-03-05 01:42 PM

Maybe it's because you guys aren't on the council.

And if you are, you might not want to let everyone know because they'll be bugging you to put their songs on the CD and shit :thumbup:™

Key... 06-03-05 01:48 PM

LOL *hint Hint*

We are not but we will like to be...*ahum*

...Voke... 06-03-05 01:59 PM

can i drop a christian rap track? huh huh

the omen 06-03-05 02:58 PM

nah, phenom sent me a pm saying i was on, i saw dv's name in their too.. but if n e one tries to bug me about it then fuck em thats an automatic no so i say, dont test the council! lol that real mixtape shyt

Acuity 06-03-05 03:02 PM

lol @ omen.....im predictin dis bre goin on a power trip in a couple of days...LIKE FUCK RV DIS DA OMENS MIXTAPE FOOOS lol

Phenom-in-all 06-03-05 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Voke...
can i drop a christian rap track? huh huh

I might drop one. Long as it's dope - I don't see no reason why not. But I'm only 1 guy on the council, ya feel? Everyone else might hate it.

[.:D:.] 06-03-05 03:27 PM

maaaaan...if u dont mind..id prefer more uptempo tracks..more banger tracks...the last mixtape was to mellow i didnt even listen to that shit..

Restricted 06-03-05 03:32 PM

^Well A Lot of People On This Site Have Diffrent Styles...

I Mean Common Ain't Busting Club Bangers.....Nas Tried but His Shit Was Wack...

There Are Just So Many Styles and To Keep It All One Style Would Take Away From The Variety of Listeners.

IT Would Be Cool Though To Have Maybe A Double Disc Mixtape, One For Bangers and The Other For Emotional/Meaningful Songs.

~R~

Key... 06-03-05 04:12 PM

We need variation.

Thats all.

the omen 06-03-05 04:19 PM

lol @ omen.....im predictin dis bre goin on a power trip in a couple of days...LIKE FUCK RV DIS DA OMENS MIXTAPE FOOOS lol

^nah man, i respect every1 on the council, i would never try n take over 1. cuz i would get overthrown lol and 2. we are all in this together as a mutual thing feel me? we are all just tryin to do the same thing, make a dope mixtape, and im not power hungry at all, so i dunno where u would get that from.. lol but da omens mixtape fooos lol vol1 will be coming out shortly dont u worry lol

Phenom-in-all 06-03-05 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff
maaaaan...if u dont mind..id prefer more uptempo tracks..more banger tracks...the last mixtape was to mellow i didnt even listen to that shit..

TRUST ME. This cd is gon bang. But like R and DV said - its a mixtape, and RV has alot of variety to choose from for style. Hopefully this mixtape shows all side of it, crazy bangers, anthems, emotional joints, I want a spoken word on there or two, and come summer jams. Lil bit of everything.

Enygma 06-03-05 05:13 PM

Word.......How are we gonna seperate people's tracks? By that I mean, how many tracks will we accept from one person and shit like that. How many songs on the Mixtape.......shit like that.

Any Ideas?

iamthatdude87 06-03-05 05:17 PM

yea that password dont work.....

the omen 06-03-05 05:31 PM

Word.......How are we gonna seperate people's tracks? By that I mean, how many tracks will we accept from one person and shit like that. How many songs on the Mixtape.......shit like that.

Any Ideas?
^^i think that theyre shouldnt be more than 3 appearances from a single person, even on collabo's cuz were trying to showcase RAPVERSE.COM, not ourself... i think their should b 15-20 tracks on the mixtape, thats a good number for any cd, a good listening time, probaly max out at close to an hour...

...Voke... 06-03-05 08:49 PM

word, then i'll drop an uptempo christian rap track ight D, lol

but on a serious note i'll drop a CR track......

Logic The Goonie 06-03-05 09:20 PM

So, this isn't going to be burned and sent out?

the omen 06-03-05 09:51 PM

yo, phenom, i would post this in the council discussion forum but the password aint workin for n e of the council.... but i know a guy who has a press set who will do cd prints and copies, booklets, and case for cheap.... otherwise the rates start at around 100 cd's for 300$... if anybody would like to make a donation for this cause... pleez send all money to my account...lol nah just playin but if u wanna donate let us know...

Restricted 06-03-05 10:43 PM

Haha I Think You Should Do This..

Every Person Whos Track Is Choosen To Be On It Should Have To Donate A Piece of The Pie.

Say We Have 20 Tracks.....300/20 = 15 Dollars Each.

~R~

the omen 06-03-05 10:48 PM

ummm^ no, unless these artists are goin to b reembersed for paying thats a wack idea, cuz the ones who r on it are gona b tha illest picks so y should they pay? theyre blessin tha mixtape, members who just want to pop in a good cd should feel free to donate, but not forced, only people who respect the project for what it is...

the omen 06-03-05 10:52 PM

but if the artists do get a cut out of the mixtape sales that would b word... cuz i would throw in on that, cuz u know we'll only be makin money... and that's if mixtapes sell good.. which i have a good feeling they will... and i'f the artists r gonna chip in, they should all get a set number of mixtapes and then they just sell them by themselves... and keep the profit, we cant name it rapverse mixtape that way tho, cuz that is copywrited...but that would b ill cuz then if evey1 saves up or we could do preorders where ppl get them in advance on reserve say the people who do that get a free shirt or sumn, then we could use that money to fund it... feel me? then just keep building off that cuz once u get alot of money cd's become like 1$ to make...

Phenom-in-all 06-04-05 01:50 AM

people gettin cuts is homo... .who wants a $0.15 royalty cheque. If we decide to collect cash, NO ONE will donate - lets be real. So soundclick is the route we go unless someone wants to front the pressing fee. I might, we'll see. But most likely it'll be a burn ya own cd at soundclick. 1

Key... 06-04-05 03:27 AM

Kids talkin about money. We arent even on that level. A Mixtape is for to get the names known. C'mon lets take this serious and have fun doing it.

Acuity 06-04-05 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyVision
Kids talkin about money. We arent even on that level. A Mixtape is for to get the names known. C'mon lets take this serious and have fun doing it.

exactly....ppl b over-complicating shit and gettin carried away...lets just get on with it yo n enjoy it :thumbup:

Know-Gimix 06-04-05 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the omen
but if the artists do get a cut out of the mixtape sales that would b word... cuz i would throw in on that, cuz u know we'll only be makin money... and that's if mixtapes sell good.. which i have a good feeling they will... and i'f the artists r gonna chip in, they should all get a set number of mixtapes and then they just sell them by themselves... and keep the profit, we cant name it rapverse mixtape that way tho, cuz that is copywrited...but that would b ill cuz then if evey1 saves up or we could do preorders where ppl get them in advance on reserve say the people who do that get a free shirt or sumn, then we could use that money to fund it... feel me? then just keep building off that cuz once u get alot of money cd's become like 1$ to make...

or you could just burn cd's off soundclick and hustle themshits yourself. :)

Dabatos 06-04-05 11:59 AM

u think i'll still have time to record 2 songs n drop em in here?

Know-Gimix 06-04-05 12:03 PM

ima get nc-17 with your eye socket and an icepick if kids don't start nominating featured audio tracks... :evilgrin: