RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE religious rapper? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=205213)

the omen 08-20-05 07:55 PM

WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE religious rapper?

i dunno alot of them, and most of them that i hear are corny as hell, but people who sound cool reppin sumn like that, instead of rappin about drugs n guns, who would u say is ill?

myself, i like praverb tha wise, dunno if y'all have heard of him, he's an internet head but he's sickness... all tha sickest rappers are from va... he he he

know any more?

noname 08-20-05 07:56 PM

NoNe...they all suck.If I wanted to hear some religous shit I'd buy a gospel CD.

the omen 08-20-05 08:00 PM

^nigga... how many people are gonna hate u before you leave this board?

Logic The Goonie 08-20-05 08:00 PM

I only know of one and that's because I met him at church. T-Bone was him name I think. Anyone heard of him?

noname 08-20-05 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the omen
^nigga... how many people are gonna hate u before you leave this board?

I ain't hating on nobody on the board.

I'm hatin on the religous rappers..n I made a joke both Canada not bein in any wars..but you assholes took it serious.

so,..just hush up.

the omen 08-20-05 08:03 PM

^no, never heard of t bone, cept for at my fav steakhouse... but im glad ur recently played tracks have a dope song for #3.... j zone is sickness w/ tha beats... n copy is illy w/ tha flow he uses on that... "cops beware if u see me cuz arms i got to bear it, i shot tha sherrif, next time his vest he got to wear it! cocky arrogant hocky mask i be wearin it, check his head, whoever said copys gas prolly air in it..." aight im done now...lol

Mix & Match 08-20-05 08:12 PM

I like religous rap, can't find to many artists, but I like it.

...Voke... 08-20-05 08:26 PM

^^boooooo

t-bone, i heard of him he's alright, I like Sharlok Poems hes dope
also Cross Movement, their dope too

Reflekt 08-20-05 08:59 PM

Ason is tight..ya'll gotta go check him out..and Gritz is alright..some of their songs are cool..and Gospel Gangstas..my cousin told me to check them out but I aint got around to it yet.

Sean Gunner 08-20-05 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural killa
NoNe...they all suck.If I wanted to hear some religous shit I'd buy a gospel CD.

Then maybe you could elevate. A lot of Religious rappers are good lyricists. Beats and image don't rule that industry.

I like T Bone, Grits are ok, Toby Mac, KJ-52, Karusso, just a few I like.

KOOL COL-B 08-20-05 09:18 PM

MC Jesus :thumbup: werd

Blay'all 08-20-05 09:21 PM

Lil I-Rocc :cool:

look him up :shoot::shoot:

Triple_N 08-20-05 11:17 PM

I would prolly have to say Ahkbar......son...the way he wraps my roast beef hero sandwich at the hindu store is fuckin serious.....he put tape on it an everything....word :thumbup:

PrahJect 08-20-05 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates
I only know of one and that's because I met him at church. T-Bone was him name I think. Anyone heard of him?

It reminds me kinda did he make a song called

"Take it to da river"

If so I knw him

PrahJect 08-20-05 11:21 PM

For me the best religous rapper is my cousin he cant rap propperly for shit but his rhymes..are menacing...i have many religous peaces too...mainly because...im a black muslim and that brings alot of contrversy

Tha Q. 08-20-05 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural killa

they don't all suck...there are some amazing "religious" rappers...esp. locals ones on the DC area...I don't know they're names...cuz I don't keep up with them...they only play them on AM radio

the omen 08-20-05 11:29 PM

Quote:
I would prolly have to say Ahkbar......son...the way he wraps my roast beef hero sandwich at the hindu store is fuckin serious.....he put tape on it an everything....word

LMFAOOOOOOO!!! i didnt get it at first, so i re read it... o man trip, u killin me w/ tha jokes tonite....lol

Ranks™ 08-21-05 12:10 AM

Kirk Franklin bitchass niggas.

La Cosa Nostra 08-21-05 12:28 AM

I seriously dont get why someone would want to tarnish their image by comming up in rap and branding themselves as a religious rapper. I rap about religious shit every now and then because I got strong views, but to make it your entire image is media suicide..

Hope they enjoy only getting church gigs.. But I more or less dont listen to religious rappers because I think a lot of their messages are too simple. Their not trying to push the boundry by teaching people anything more than what your average church pastor would do at a sermon.. I dont blame them though, if their stupid enough to be a full religious rapper and prevent themselves ever being anything more than a small time church type get up, then ofcourse their not going to bring anything amazingly new to the plate.

Prove me wrong..

Phenom-in-all 08-21-05 04:17 AM

^^^ I disagree. My bro is signed to a Christian label, and he's a hella amazing kid for standing up in a media LIKE rap, AS a christian artist. I agree with Omens first post about how cats should stand up for something in their messages, and religion has got to be the strongest reason to speak about anything. Anyways - here is my list of top Religious rappers (Trust - I get all the inside shiznit)

-Mase (I used to love him, now he's religious - im still feelin him regardless)
-Braille (From Lightheaded - which my boy did the entire production for their album - straight sickness)
-Lightheaded (the crew)
-Rob Hodge (Has heatmakers style producin and reminds me of a mix between Rell and Juelz Santana)
-Mars ILL (Underground like WHOA. Hella amazing lyrics on their albums, and beats better than atmosphere stuff. word)
-Ambassador (His new single "feels good" is straight radio... I been bumpin it for a month)
-Tunnel Rats (Some of the dopest battle cats out of L.A. - huge crew and they all dope)
-Sharlock Poems (Someone mentioned him already, but whoa he nice)
-G.R.I.T.S. (same thing - they older, but got some of the sickest beats and feel good stuff)
-Ohmega Watts (part II of Lightheaded)
-NIFTY (CANADA WHAT! - This kid is straight sick, and he a mad nice guy too peep www.n-i-f-t-y.com fa real. Produces his own stuff. Peep "Thats me" off his site - the beat could be one of my fav of all times...)
-Russ-ill (My lil bro. Straight sick off the top. Been a dope battle head, and he's going for that longest freestyle record in guiness book of world records soon. Watch for his album from Life. Inc.)
-RationaL (Ill cat from near where I'm from. One of my fav songs of alltime is by him. word)

If ya'll want any MP3's of any of these cats holla at me. These cats are sick, and all bring ridiculously amazing messages. Stay up. word.

JRoy 08-21-05 04:30 AM

Kj-52,Gospel Gangstaz,Grits,and phenom showed me one before i forgot his name

La Cosa Nostra 08-21-05 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom-in-all
^^^ I disagree. My bro is signed to a Christian label, and he's a hella amazing kid for standing up in a media LIKE rap, AS a christian artist. I agree with Omens first post about how cats should stand up for something in their messages, and religion has got to be the strongest reason to speak about anything.

I spose I shouldnt generalise, some prolly got skill.. But being a Christian artist, cats will put lables on you and expect certain things of you. And in rap especially there is nothing worse than having pre-concieved opinions of your music that usually arnt true. By all means be a christian and try to display christian values if thats what your about, but being labled into a group like that is a bad move for anyones career.

Dirty Nigga 08-21-05 07:52 AM

lol @ rappin about god.......that shit cracks me up.