RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   True Tragedy: Net-cee's thinking their MC's...which are you? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=205954)

∆ P E X X 08-24-05 10:26 PM

True Tragedy: Net-cee's thinking their MC's...which are you?

yeah man, a shitload of ylal are gonna get offended by this, but's it's true. I tell you because I'm doomsday..and you need help. Call this an intervetntion.

A Netcee puts out an album or a mixtape and AAAAAAALLLLLLLL their collabs are net heads. The quality on the verses be different as hell since them shits ain't recorded under the same roof and the quality control is who knows what.

An MC puts out a CD, mixape or album, and the collabs are all LIVE people that they know, meet, spit with, hang out with, etc. People they can do live shows with if needed. This all means they actaully rap in person and around other people who rap. Big difference right?

Sorry to break the news to you mang...Not a problem some substance abuse cna't fix.

Lay-z 08-24-05 10:28 PM

Well, Put..that is why i dont do Net Audio..:D

Ysdat 08-24-05 10:29 PM

*feels safe that his mixtape is all his locals and not one net head on it*

Im not even going to distibute my mixtape on the net,thats not my main focus.

leady 08-24-05 10:31 PM

every1 i spit wit is ppl i know and perform wit etc

Ktrini. 08-24-05 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday
yeah man, a shitload of ylal are gonna get offended by this, but's it's true. I tell you because I'm doomsday..and you need help. Call this an intervetntion.

A Netcee puts out an album or a mixtape and AAAAAAALLLLLLLL their collabs are net heads. The quality on the verses be different as hell since them shits ain't recorded under the same roof and the quality control is who knows what.

An MC puts out a CD, mixape or album, and the collabs are all LIVE people that they know, meet, spit with, hang out with, etc. People they can do live shows with if needed. This all means they actaully rap in person and around other people who rap. Big difference right?

Sorry to break the news to you mang...Not a problem some substance abuse cna't fix.

I fail to see how someone'd here feel offended.This post wasn't exaclty malicious.But I comprehend the message you're get through here....but it ain't effecient enough.Now you say a netcee puts out shit with other netcees..and an MC puts out their shit with people LIve.But it's clear to me your tryna make it seem like..just becuz there with another netcee who they don't see or hangout with in real life..that there shit is gonna be bad automatically.Isn't it possible for 2 netcee's to interact and make quality music?There is an advantage to seeing the other person in real life...but not as big as your tryna make it seem.

.But then again...I never collab with anyone on the net...but still...LOL

La Cosa Nostra 08-24-05 10:37 PM

Yeah I do collabs with people in real life.... Cept OMB whos in sydney at the moment, but hes comming up here at the end of the year so we can start taking over the aussie industry..:shoot:

I just met some dude last night who is a pretty sick rapper, signed and got his cd out... So after I show him some tracks I recon collabs will prolly be the go.. But yeah man, I'ma emcee.. I hardly even drop on the net and mostly people here my shit when its performed live cause the cd aint done and pressed yet..

leady 08-24-05 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *.Fame.*
I fail to see how someone'd here feel offended.This post wasn't exaclty malicious.But I comprehend the message you're get through here....but it ain't effecient enough.Now you say a netcee puts out shit with other netcees..and an MC puts out their shit with people LIve.But it's clear to me your tryna make it seem like..just becuz there with another netcee who they don't see or hangout with in real life..that there shit is gonna be bad automatically.Isn't it possible for 2 netcee's to interact and make quality music?There is an advantage to seeing the other person in real life...but not as big as your tryna make it seem.

actually most industry collabs are done wen da 2 parties never meet up.. a few been like.. yea send dis ovger to so n so.. so n so be like yea im feelin dis lemme finish it up....

La Cosa Nostra 08-24-05 10:43 PM

Quote:

I actually recon its kind of weak to just do collabs with a bunch of people over the net... Like you remember when 20 grand put out his mixtape and every collab on it was with members of RV? I had to have a little chuckle at that mybad..

Its possable to make good music ofcourse, but when you put out a cd and you want to work on a set... Its impossable to perform your shit when half the people on the collab are in a different state and cant get over to you.. You would basically have to cross out a bunch of your tracks..

But then again, most net cee's dont actually know what their doing and they just put out cd's because its fun and they would know jack shit about how to promote it properly, how to turn it into a good sounding show and how to present themselves to record exec's..

Thats why they think its alright to do a bunch of collabs with friends over the net.. One or two is fine, but if you got nothing with people in real life... You got no hope..

leady 08-24-05 10:47 PM

99% of dese kids dnt perform live anyway so it dnt matter lol....

leady 08-24-05 10:48 PM

i mean look at omen askin RV for advice on performin live LMFAO wtf kinda shit is dat

∆ P E X X 08-24-05 10:49 PM

Quote:

Nah, dont' get it fucked up, I'm not saying net albums lack quality. But you listen to one and tell me how many different mics you hear in the sauce. A computer mic here and a condenser there, shit be rugged as hell. It's gonna be more than likely to have shakey quality than it is to have consistent qual mang. Facta life

PS, I put out tracks and collab with dudes who are on the net, but the amount of em that'll see my albums or mixtapes? 0. That qual control is a big reason why. Besides that, I jsut practice and test here, not put in work here. Closest anyone came was N (because he could actually meet up and do shows) and I scrapped that track before it was even done. shit just wasn't going back and fourth well A-Tall. But jeah. That's my long and short of it.

But Leady, there's a BIG differnce between an industry collab and a sub underground collab.

Ktrini. 08-24-05 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
I actually recon its kind of weak to just do collabs with a bunch of people over the net... Like you remember when 20 grand put out his mixtape and every collab on it was with members of RV? I had to have a little chuckle at that mybad..

Its possable to make good music ofcourse, but when you put out a cd and you want to work on a set... Its impossable to perform your shit when half the people on the collab are in a different state and cant get over to you.. You would basically have to cross out a bunch of your tracks..

But then again, most net cee's dont actually know what their doing and they just put out cd's because its fun and they would know jack shit about how to promote it properly, how to turn it into a good sounding show and how to present themselves to record exec's..

Thats why they think its alright to do a bunch of collabs with friends over the net.. One or two is fine, but if you got nothing with people in real life... You got no hope..

Well...i agree with the performing part.But when someone colabs n makes a song on the net...obviously they'll know it's not something that they can perform in real life n shit.I disagree with the part about most netcee's do they shit just to put out CD's for fun.I think most on this site,are around 13-16 yrs old....which is a young age and hard to makes moves in the industry with.They'll just do it for practice so they can get expereince with making music.You know..like how to flow to a beat n shit.I doubt a 15 year old,living in his mother's house n shit,would make music here in hopes of it gettin him signed or sumtin.So I don't think they need to know "jack shit" about promoting music yet.Cuz I don't think labels would even take em seriously at that age.

..ADLIB.. 08-24-05 10:52 PM

I'm real. Nos and I alway's kickin drunken freestyle's and starting to do more collabs again.

And OI Nos whose this cat your talking about who you met last night? Is he local?

La Cosa Nostra 08-24-05 10:53 PM

Quote:
Well...i agree with the performing part.But when someone colabs n makes a song on the net...obviously they'll know it's not something that they can perform in real life n shit.I disagree with the part about most netcee's do they shit just to put out CD's for fun.I think most on this site,are around 13-16 yrs old....which is a young age and hard to makes moves in the industry with.They'll just do it for practice so they can get expereince with making music.You know..like how to flow to a beat n shit.I doubt a 15 year old,living in his mother's house n shit,would make music here in hopes of it gettin him signed or sumtin.So I don't think they need to know "jack shit" about promoting music yet.Cuz I don't think labels would even take em seriously.

Yeah thats true definatly..

Thats where I get the net mixed up a bit, I expect too much from people..

La Cosa Nostra 08-24-05 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Drastic
I'm real. Nos and I alway's kickin drunken freestyle's and starting to do more collabs again.

And OI Nos whose this cat your talking about who you met last night? Is he local?

Nah hes from adalaide.. One sec I'll get his mp3 site.. Dudes pretty underground, maybe too underground for me, but he can hold his own with multis n all that..

∆ P E X X 08-24-05 10:54 PM

Quote:
Well...i agree with the performing part.But when someone colabs n makes a song on the net...obviously they'll know it's not something that they can perform in real life n shit.I disagree with the part about most netcee's do they shit just to put out CD's for fun.I think most on this site,are around 13-16 yrs old....which is a young age and hard to makes moves in the industry with.They'll just do it for practice so they can get expereince with making music.You know..like how to flow to a beat n shit.I doubt a 15 year old,living in his mother's house n shit,would make music here in hopes of it gettin him signed or sumtin.So I don't think they need to know "jack shit" about promoting music yet.Cuz I don't think labels would even take em seriously at that age.

nah think again man. I can name at least 5 people here who are that exact person you didnt 'think they are and regulars here would L their MFin A's off about rememberin them shits, lol.

La Cosa Nostra 08-24-05 10:58 PM

www.mp3.com.au/evolveandmidsone

And his cd...
http://www.ozhiphop.com/forum/viewt...9621&pid=837690

..ADLIB.. 08-24-05 11:02 PM

Good stuff i'll check it out.

Dabatos 08-24-05 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday

I perform infront of people all the time :(... now thats cool!! and my mixtape is with live ppl that i meet up with n chill with.. and im cool!!!! Oh yeah did i mention someone even asked me to perform for their catillion aka 18th B-Day Part.. word.. 200 bucks ppl!! WOO HOO! lol.. n they say making love songs wont help you
:nono: :thumbup:

Ranks™ 08-24-05 11:07 PM

E-Stizzle collabs, niggas.

Nynth Degree 08-24-05 11:11 PM

I spit hot fiya in real life. I've actually been recording since 2002, but it's been in-consistent, and also I've stepped up my game a lot since then. Any collabs I do with net heads most likely won't be included on any mixtape or whatnot.

Ms. Get Gully 08-24-05 11:21 PM

How IDH see's it??:

For one...To choose..im going to say BOTH ..But then again im leanin more toward the MC behalf.

For one..I've only done ONE official collab with someone who's on the net..and he stays 15 minutes from me and we recorded at his house.....
IF some of you havent noticed..i havent collab'd with anyone since..because i dont have time to do so for one..and im not on the computer enough to sit n listen to a beat and write.. Only time i ever really do that is if im home and bored and nothing else to do..
I've come to the realization that none of my music will ever sound like i want it to unless its studio quality..which is why i havent recorded in a while..next time i record will be in a studio. For the simple fact that i think its kind of dumb to sit online..and do tracks that are worthy but have shit in the tracks that are online based.. LIKE battle tracks..NICE ass battle tracks people make and let friends and people hear it..thats dumb because aint nobody going to understand half the punches n personals cuz they dont get online like that .....

so..im in between some what.

.Ike. 08-24-05 11:34 PM

Me n Black Magik are actually puttin out a mixtape together...as a group thing...

BUT....

he is paying for studio time....and my dad owns a studio...so the quality will match evenly...

AND.....

he lives only a couple hours away....so if a show opportunity came up....bet your bottom dollar id pick that foo up! lol....aint nothin but some gas money....and a couple hours...

Young Drama 08-24-05 11:39 PM

very True which is why im leavin da topic alone, too many winesses on my behalf, i see u niggaz

Keysha Hellkat 08-24-05 11:42 PM

lol@a mixtape of Net heads. People actually put out mixtapes like that. Wow!

Serial 08-25-05 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leady
i mean look at omen askin RV for advice on performin live LMFAO wtf kinda shit is dat

That Omen kid sniffs glue, its not his cracker ass fault.

Most netcees will stop rapping when somethin else comes up, such as school, work, bitches, a life, cars etc.

I dont collab with people off the net, Ive done that once or twice I think back in the day... its nice for practice tho. Id never concider puttin another person off the net on a mixtape or use the song when I preform.

I just record quick writtens, the day I get stressed over Hip Hop is the day I die.

Smoke Wizzle.

Ranks™ 08-25-05 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invektive
Me n Black Magik are actually puttin out a mixtape together...as a group thing...

BUT....

he is paying for studio time....and my dad owns a studio...so the quality will match evenly...

AND.....

he lives only a couple hours away....so if a show opportunity came up....bet your bottom dollar id pick that foo up! lol....aint nothin but some gas money....and a couple hours...

Why won't he just go to ya pops place?

∆ P E X X 08-25-05 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juss 0ne
That Omen kid sniffs glue, its not his cracker ass fault.

Most netcees will stop rapping when somethin else comes up, such as school, work, bitches, a life, cars etc.

I dont collab with people off the net, Ive done that once or twice I think back in the day... its nice for practice tho. Id never concider puttin another person off the net on a mixtape or use the song when I preform.

I just record quick writtens, the day I get stressed over Hip Hop is the day I die.

Smoke Wizzle.

I agree a lot with your second sentence there man. Rap is just a phase for countless kids midway through puberty. A lot of em seem ot completely drop out when they feel they suck at it and resort so some other crap they feel better at and keep on jumping from one lifestyle to another till they eventually turn

[.:D:.] 08-25-05 03:49 AM

me = emcee...and the people i collab wit aint all over..mostly on East Coast..just Triple and dude Envee..they not far at all NY and Mass.

i got some tracks lined up for heads off the pc too..heh..im not gonna 20 grand that shit and expect it to sell..

Indeph 08-25-05 03:50 AM

Man dooms I feel you on this. I really wanna leave, but I'm 15 and nobody wanna fuckin listen to me offline. That's why I'm tryna get into this freestyle battle shit cause that work everywhere. Soon as school starts I'm off the net for good. I'm just DL'n beats. But I'm gon' start goin into the real world soon enough. Most people online have no intentions on makin' it offline at all. They are in it for hobbies. I for one take this shit extremly serious and have big plans. So yeah thanks for opening peeps eyes.

[.:D:.] 08-25-05 03:55 AM

word to hpedni..i need money..plus it wont be to bad to be famous and let people hear what i can do..

KOOL COL-B 08-25-05 04:20 AM

shit, id do a mixtape of all collabs frum ppl on tha net. i got ppl offline that i rap wif, but sum shit always comes up that makes it so we caynt go chill n write n shit. n wether i did a mixtape wif net guys or offline guys, it dont make a difference 2 me, ima b slanign them bitches liek a mafucka anyway, only difference iz that i aint gotta pay tha utha guys n im gittin herd in utha citys n shit, u know. and thats werd

Tha Q. 08-25-05 06:25 AM

why does this whole thread seem like people are being defensive or attempting to validate themselves to someone?

Public Enemy is one of the hottest rap groups of all time....They only sell their music on the I-net now. So, I guess they are netcees too.

go figure

∆ P E X X 08-25-05 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
why does this whole thread seem like people are being defensive or attempting to validate themselves to someone?

Public Enemy is one of the hottest rap groups of all time....They only sell their music on the I-net now. So, I guess they are netcees too.

go figure

selling your music on the net dosen't make you a net-cee. You're a retard.

Spektikul 08-25-05 12:11 PM

Fucka net-anything...

werd. :cool:

Spektikul 08-25-05 12:35 PM

^Good call......................

∆ P E X X 08-25-05 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by efecx
quit talkin bout yourself boi every1 knows thats all u are u always in here sayin u droppin a mixtape n doin real shit but u on here 24/7 so how the fuck are u

My album came out 2.5 months ago and I already got 11/22 tracks LAID for the mixtape coming out in september. According to you, if I'm on the net 24/7, where the fuck I find time ot write and record all these tracks? where I find time to promote it? How am I talking about my self when not one single track on either my mixtape or my album have a single net-cee on it anywhere? smh....Try again.

Nynth Degree 08-25-05 12:43 PM

Quote:

Kid, I recorded 2 demos when I was 15, so I don't really agree with you.

the omen 08-25-05 02:38 PM

aight im not gonna read thru 3 pages of replies... so this may have already been said... but... dooms... duz this mean ur a net cee? u got sum tracks w/ seven, trip... i dunno prolly more but i dont reallly listen to ur shyt.. so, duz this hurt your feelings? lol i havent heard u spit w/ n e one local... but ooooooo well ;) guess ur just a netcee... nothing wrong w/ using the internet to get exposure/ network/ make collabs w/ other skilled ppl... what is the difference? i used to ONLY spit w/ dudes from my hood.... and now i RARELY do... mainly cuz theyre arent alot of cats around here that are that good... but i spit w/ people in tha same state as me... 10 mins away... yet we dont record at the same place... duz this make me a netcee? lol if it duz than hurraaaayyyy! lol... who tha fuck cares about yet ANOTHER POINTLESS DOOMSTHREAD?