RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   So I just saw SAW 2... (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=213982)

J. Luth 11-08-05 10:03 PM

So I just saw SAW 2...

and shit was dope as hell yo. The ending I never would have thought it. But remembering all the shit that you kno who was doing, it made sense. But damn yo....... dope shit. They left shit open for a possible 3rd one. :cool: but word ~_~

Valerie 11-08-05 11:32 PM

Hey Spul did u like the part where he cut the skin off the back of his neck? :thumbup:

.Ike. 11-08-05 11:35 PM

^ that was the dumbest part of the movie

Valerie 11-08-05 11:35 PM

Or the part where the keys in his eye?

.Ike. 11-08-05 11:37 PM

that was an ill part of the movie.........

Kawn Flixx 11-08-05 11:42 PM

I havent seen it :(

∆ P E X X 11-09-05 02:19 AM

I was a little let down how they ended it with you know who as you know who doing you know what for you know who else. the puzzlles were cool this time around though the death mask is essentially the same as the reverse bear trap. some of em though liek the door and key one seemed easily defeatable (keep turning the handle till no more shots come out) and not as thought out as in the first one (why not grab the gun if you didn't use all the rounds in it?). It was also shot a lot differently too, it was shot with a regular-ass Jason-style gritty screen to it, where as the first one was crisp and vivid lively pop-video colors to contrast the depression of destitution. the second one had too many characters in it for my taste, so all in all I say it fell well short of the first one's legacy.

SPuL, the third one's supposedlt Saw 1.5. Think about it.

WhoAmI 11-09-05 04:32 AM

daymn i seriously need to see the Saw films

Tha Q. 11-09-05 05:23 AM

I can't wait to see the new Harry Potter flick...the last one was good

Tie-D 11-09-05 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
I can't wait to see the new Harry Potter flick...the last one was good

amen to that.

i aint seen any of the saws. Wats the best one?

Tha Q. 11-09-05 06:49 AM

^^Well...there's only 2...Part 2 was more entertaining than part 1

but that's like askin which SCREAM was better...

u need part 1 to have any of the others

speaking of scream, does wes craven plan to rehash that franchise?

Also...anyone heard anything about Freddy vs. Jason part 2?

they need to get Wes Craven to direct this one cuz the 1st one sucked.

Tie-D 11-09-05 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.

Also...anyone heard anything about Freddy vs. Jason part 2?

they need to get Wes Craven to direct this one cuz the 1st one sucked.

well said. It needs a bit of Wes's magic in it.

About Saw, is it definately worth watching the two of them cos my mate has both on dvd and i was gonna borrow them and watch them wiv my girl

Speats 11-09-05 07:42 AM

i seriously was desapointed by the ending, i prefered the first one, dunno about this one, wasint really feeling it, imma still go watch saw 3,im very impatient

TeamOne 11-09-05 08:08 AM

i never saw Saw I, but Saw II was real cool to me...... somehow i amazingly guessed where the son was gonna be in the first 20-30 minutes (it was more of a joke i sed to a friend after one comment the villain made, but ill take credit anyways) but the movie had alotta twists and turns to keep u guessing, and make the viewer think just as hard as the characters in the movie are.......

Paranoid 11-09-05 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's SPuL!
and shit was dope as hell yo. The ending I never would have thought it. But remembering all the shit that you kno who was doing, it made sense. But damn yo....... dope shit. They left shit open for a possible 3rd one. :cool: but word ~_~

I'm glad you didn't sit there talkin bout what happened haha. I hope it's dope, you wouldn't lie to me would you spul?

Nynth Degree 11-09-05 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid
I'm glad you didn't sit there talkin bout what happened haha.

Dopium did enough of that already.

J. Luth 11-09-05 11:08 AM

^yea, that kid's an idiot. Dopium go kill yourself yo. And also, word appexx. 1.5 would make sense. be real dope too. ~_~

∆ P E X X 11-09-05 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's SPuL!
^yea, that kid's an idiot. Dopium go kill yourself yo. And also, word appexx. 1.5 would make sense. be real dope too. ~_~

Yeah that should be REAL interesting. Damn, the second one coulda been so ill too :( shoulda kept jWan to direct the second one.

Nynth Degree 11-09-05 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
shoulda kept jWan to direct the second one.

When I saw he wasn't, I almost said "fuck it I'm not seeing this". But then I peeped the credits a few weeks prior to release, and saw Leigh Whannel was still writing. So that changed my mind.

∆ P E X X 11-09-05 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Degree
When I saw he wasn't, I almost said "fuck it I'm not seeing this". But then I peeped the credits a few weeks prior to release, and saw Leigh Whannel was still writing. So that changed my mind.

ah lets be honest man, if you're a movie buff, then Saw 2 was a titanic dud. Nothing was the same at all except the death-mask. Nothing else seemed like a direct piece of the first one, it felt liek exactly what it was - someone else fucking it all up. Just like Scream, just like the Matrix, just like all the other iconic movies of our time. It went from an intellectual thriller to just a "horror movie" no better than the average Freddy 17. Hack and slash gore-fest, where as the first movie didn't show you one single hack OR slash - Wan did it exactly liek DePalma did the chainsaw scene in scar face. The second one is fuckin junk by comparison.

Nynth Degree 11-09-05 04:44 PM

Quote:
ah lets be honest man, if you're a movie buff, then Saw 2 was a titanic dud.

Well I guess it just depends on how you were watching it. I went with several people. The ones who had seen the first one, came to the sequel expecting to see the first one again. They hated Saw 2. One other person and I went knowing what we were going to see - a more insightful, character-driven movie. We knew it would tell us more about Jigsaw, and that's what we wanted to know. What I found was some intelligent dialogue, even though pretty much all of it came from Jigsaw himself. But fuck the 8 people in the house, I just came to watch 'em die. True, the death scenes were more of a 90's fashion than those in the first one, but a few of 'em stayed with me. Like the pit - for 2 days after I saw Saw 2, the thought would randomly pop into my head "how would that feel?" So IMO, they were more effective than they seem upon first watching the movie.

Personally, I liked Saw 2 quite a bit, for the fact that it was humanistic. I thought the ending was a good twist too, playing off of basic human nature.

∆ P E X X 11-09-05 05:13 PM

Quote:
Well I guess it just depends on how you were watching it. I went with several people. The ones who had seen the first one, came to the sequel expecting to see the first one again. They hated Saw 2. One other person and I went knowing what we were going to see - a more insightful, character-driven movie. We knew it would tell us more about Jigsaw, and that's what we wanted to know. What I found was some intelligent dialogue, even though pretty much all of it came from Jigsaw himself. But fuck the 8 people in the house, I just came to watch 'em die. True, the death scenes were more of a 90's fashion than those in the first one, but a few of 'em stayed with me. Like the pit - for 2 days after I saw Saw 2, the thought would randomly pop into my head "how would that feel?" So IMO, they were more effective than they seem upon first watching the movie.

Personally, I liked Saw 2 quite a bit, for the fact that it was humanistic. I thought the ending was a good twist too, playing off of basic human nature.

: Do not read this post if you haven't seen either of the 2 movies!! :

See that's where I fell out of love with Saw 2. Jigsaw was cool, but who cares what else we find out? We learn his motive in the first one. The real "movie" was the dillema of "should I believe this guy..and what if he's right...and do I have the time to sit and think about it". the second one?? The pit? are you kidding me?? That's an easier obstacle to get through than the gun in the door shown in the commercials.

the knife and skin thing was RETARDED seeing that there was a HALL FULL OF MIRRORS as soon as they got out of the room. Why would you take that measure..when there's at LEAST 2 mirrors in the walls in the hall? There's broken mirror shards on the ground from the original double sided mirror when they got to the bathroom, so WTF is the problem? Remember the X? IT WAS A MIRROR!! that = character flaw AND plot hole in one.

the Pit was a joke since all you had to do is get that bat stick you were swinging around before and use it to sift through the needles, or go down into it with your feet flat so you jsut stand in it on the soles of your shoes and sift through it. That's not hard AT ALL. None of the challenges seemed hard to me, where as the first ones were actual "puzzles" liek you really had to decypher em. The FIRST thing I thought of when he said "in the back of your minds" was "damn, is there something in, on, or under the back of our heads? Here, someone check me!" and not one character was smart enough. Thats' WACK. The characters in the the first one were smarter, and so were the traps and puzzles. The second one dumbed down to make a mainstream movie. WACK. No one who adored saw 1 will like saw 2 for the same reasons. Saw 2 just lacked the finesse saw 1 had.

Saw 2 lacked the compassion for the human entity that the first one had. Notice he didn't put the saw's in the first movie in the shitty toilet water, in fact he put it in the CLEAN water, which shows that he dosen't think that they're worthless pieces of shit, he really does want the best for them. Essentially "tough love". You jsut dont' get that feeling in the first one, like he never left any other way to do things but the most brutal, where as there were choices in the first one. It's jsut a weak movie. Think of how much shit they found in the second one that meant nothing at all, like the rope the chick found. The mirrors they passed, the big "X" on the "EXIT", the 2 needles in the roasted dude's hand that they didn't go back for that they coulda EASILY got, ETC ETC. 8 characters were half as intellegent as the 2 in the prior one.

Nynth Degree 11-09-05 05:17 PM

Quote:
the Pit was a joke since all you had to do is get that bat stick you were swinging around before and use it to sift through the needles, or go down into it with your feet flat so you jsut stand in it on the soles of your shoes and sift through it. That's not hard AT ALL.

I never said it wasn't easy to overcome. I just said it would hurt like a bitch if you were tossed down there.

And I already said I didn't really care about the 8 people in the house, so I can agree with the majority of your post without contradicting myself.

∆ P E X X 11-09-05 05:22 PM

Quote:
I never said it wasn't easy to overcome. I just said it would hurt like a bitch if you were tossed down there.

And I already said I didn't really care about the 8 people in the house, so I can agree with the majority of your post without contradicting myself.

And the fact she got tossed down there and the fact they got merked liek they did is why the movie was "dumbed down" to me. Like a horror movie where someoen goes creeping aroudnin the dark like "hello, is anyone there"? It's equally as dumb.

Past Tense 11-09-05 05:26 PM

i'm downloading it right now just saw a snippet of the beginning it was alright he just tells him hes a snitch or somthin blah blah blah i just wnana see the ending

J. Luth 11-09-05 07:38 PM

^nobody cares what you do J-roy

Quote:
: Do not read this post if you haven't seen either of the 2 movies!! :

See that's where I fell out of love with Saw 2. Jigsaw was cool, but who cares what else we find out? We learn his motive in the first one. The real "movie" was the dillema of "should I believe this guy..and what if he's right...and do I have the time to sit and think about it". the second one?? The pit? are you kidding me?? That's an easier obstacle to get through than the gun in the door shown in the commercials.

the knife and skin thing was RETARDED seeing that there was a HALL FULL OF MIRRORS as soon as they got out of the room. Why would you take that measure..when there's at LEAST 2 mirrors in the walls in the hall? There's broken mirror shards on the ground from the original double sided mirror when they got to the bathroom, so WTF is the problem? Remember the X? IT WAS A MIRROR!! that = character flaw AND plot hole in one.

the Pit was a joke since all you had to do is get that bat stick you were swinging around before and use it to sift through the needles, or go down into it with your feet flat so you jsut stand in it on the soles of your shoes and sift through it. That's not hard AT ALL. None of the challenges seemed hard to me, where as the first ones were actual "puzzles" liek you really had to decypher em. The FIRST thing I thought of when he said "in the back of your minds" was "damn, is there something in, on, or under the back of our heads? Here, someone check me!" and not one character was smart enough. Thats' WACK. The characters in the the first one were smarter, and so were the traps and puzzles. The second one dumbed down to make a mainstream movie. WACK. No one who adored saw 1 will like saw 2 for the same reasons. Saw 2 just lacked the finesse saw 1 had.

Saw 2 lacked the compassion for the human entity that the first one had. Notice he didn't put the saw's in the first movie in the shitty toilet water, in fact he put it in the CLEAN water, which shows that he dosen't think that they're worthless pieces of shit, he really does want the best for them. Essentially "tough love". You jsut dont' get that feeling in the first one, like he never left any other way to do things but the most brutal, where as there were choices in the first one. It's jsut a weak movie. Think of how much shit they found in the second one that meant nothing at all, like the rope the chick found. The mirrors they passed, the big "X" on the "EXIT", the 2 needles in the roasted dude's hand that they didn't go back for that they coulda EASILY got, ETC ETC. 8 characters were half as intellegent as the 2 in the prior one.

but yea, that shit is tru. I actually agree w/ some of the shit you sayin'. But yea, I really enjoyed it tho. But i don't really usually watch many horror movies. Ain't my thing, jus people been sayin' how ill SAW was, so I jus decided to watch these two to see what's up. But prolly since i ain't watch many of this genre, i didn't notice many of that shit. But yea, I agree SAW was much better.

Lyriclesolja 11-09-05 08:52 PM

Great now ima have to spend 15 dollars to see the movie.....i hate yall for making me outgoing...

..Grillz.. 11-10-05 12:37 PM

Fucken right dope shit yo...there is definetley gonna be a 3rd one...1st one kinda sucked...second obne was suck...3rd one is gonna be the ultimate scary movie...cant wait

E.C 11-10-05 01:45 PM

i just got saw 2 this minute.. imma watch it later though.. ill tell you what i thought of it tomoro

Magic5 11-10-05 02:28 PM

Yeah, it looks good. I'll probably check it out this weekend or some shit.

Magic5 11-10-05 02:29 PM

Moved to the Entertainment forum.

J. Luth 11-10-05 03:26 PM

^bitch don't move my threads :shoot:

Compose 11-10-05 03:36 PM

Werd saw this the weekend it came out, shit was fuckin dope, and I saw saw 1...I really liked both, like 9th said I liked the whole focus on jigsaw shit and I wanted to see it for the puzzles and ending too...but when he said the numbers are in the back of your mind I already knew from the beginning I was like "Why dont they just check on the back of their heads? wtf?" but oh well that was the only thing I didnt like that much.

∆ P E X X 11-10-05 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousM
Fucken right dope shit yo...there is definetley gonna be a 3rd one...1st one kinda sucked...second obne was suck...3rd one is gonna be the ultimate scary movie...cant wait

LMAO, how the hell would you come to that conclusion if you thought the first two sucked?

But I'm gonna watch the first one again after I piss and finish rolling this L.

E.C 11-10-05 05:18 PM

i just watched it.... its just finished now.. i thought it was illll.. the ending was so well thought of... coz going back if u actually listened to the guy then everything wouldav been kool lol... thats what ya gt for being inpatiant

Compose 11-10-05 05:58 PM

*Spoilers*
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

^Yea exactly...if he had just listened to Jigsaw and talked like he wanted he would of known his son was ok but Jigsaw knew he was impatient and it all fell into his plan.

Golden shellz 11-11-05 12:40 PM

i heard one of tha chicks that was supposed to die in da first one started to help the killah

J. Luth 11-11-05 02:05 PM

^then I guess that ruins the movie for you. :)

Quote:
LMAO, how the hell would you come to that conclusion if you thought the first two sucked?

But I'm gonna watch the first one again after I piss and finish rolling this L.

lmfao I kno, right? lmao....... "the first 2 suck, but third one gonn be the dopest horror movie!! YEA MAN!!!!!!!"

lmao @ that shit.

but yea, next halloween gon be tight. ~_~

Young_law 11-20-05 02:28 AM

yooo, i jus downloaded and watched this shyt, it was good but saw one was better, they tried 2 base some of the stuff on saw 1 like yall already sed the beartrap thingy or whatever, and also when the guy sawed his leg off and they played that music(which is actually kinda cool i wanna download it ne 1 know the name of it) and when the dumbass cuts the back of his neck off, and puts it in his pocket WTF?!?!?!? but yo have yal thought about this, them dudes from part 1 still in that bafroom damn, and the dude who got out in part one that cut off his leg yo, all he did was go into the hosue, so yea sucks for him, all in all i cant wait to see part three, but yo dude dumb as hell as soon as i saw that tape recorder, i woulda been out like a mutha he listenin 2 it, the door wide open then the woman comes, and he stares at her dum fuk, but yea shyt had me on tha edge of my chair i give it a 8.7/10

Crazy Hades 11-20-05 01:35 PM

The weird thing was in Saw 1 the guy who sawed off his leg was going away, and now he's at the place next to his leg. Must've moved him, word.